• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I bet its not even a striker
Probably. It's going to be an untested nobody anyway - Because that's worked out so well for us the last few years. . Somebody who _might_ (but won't) come good. Like a few of the players on our team now who showed promise or who we had some hopes for.

Woollybutt

Yeah my hopes for the signing today are low. Would love to be wrong
I was feeling optimistic, but then I started thinking about recent January signings. Matthew Fletcher, Travis Major, Matt Sim, Glen Trifiro, Isaka Cernak... I think Fitzy was a January signing a few years ago, so he's probably the best business we've done. It's not a good record now I think about it.

Big Al

I was feeling optimistic, but then I started thinking about recent January signings. Matthew Fletcher, Travis Major, Matt Sim, Glen Trifiro, Isaka Cernak... I think Fitzy was a January signing a few years ago, so he's probably the best business we've done. It's not a good record now I think about it.
Think more scott Galloway type low key. You need to be thinking Paulo type players not the previous regime

Paulo said it would be someone who can contribute. He knows what we have and wouldn’t be getting more of the same IMO.

Just because it’s not high profile doesn’t mean not a good player

shipwreck

Stoked to find out which over performing NPL player we are getting today. Who was that guy who scored against us in the FFA cup?

Big Al

What about Fab. Did he get his Aussie citizenship? Would cover DDS and Trent.

Doubt it and would probably want some coin

pjennings

If we are going for a short term NPL level player then I'd be happy with Milos Lujic. Prolific in the Vic NPL - not necessarily looking for a long term as he is more wedded to his teaching career.

Woollybutt

Think more scott Galloway type low key. You need to be thinking Paulo type players not the previous regime

Paulo said it would be someone who can contribute. He knows what we have and wouldn’t be getting more of the same IMO.

Just because it’s not high profile doesn’t mean not a good player
It's not so much the profile as the calibre of player available to Australian clubs in the January window. Okon did a fantastic job with the off-season recruitment and I still have complete faith in him, but January hasn't been a good time to buy for us. I'm struggling to remember anyone who was signed in January and was an unequivocal success. Aloisi maybe, but I can't remember when he actually signed. It's tended to be NPL players who don't get the benefit of a full A-League pre-season, or players who have barely played and again struggle to hit the ground running, or guys like Fletcher who have been clubless for a long time.

JoyfulPenguin

If we are going for a short term NPL level player then I'd be happy with Milos Lujic. Prolific in the Vic NPL - not necessarily looking for a long term as he is more wedded to his teaching career.
Has said if he was offered a long term deal, two to three seasons, on a wage above 100,000 he would play A-League. That's a big commitment to an unproven player though.

JoyfulPenguin

A loan deal for Apostolos Giannou would be fantastic, he barely had any game time at Guanghzhou and we don't have any marquees so his salary would be outside the cap. Propelling us up the table would surely get him a spot on the plane to Russia.

offtheball

It's not so much the profile as the calibre of player available to Australian clubs in the January window. Okon did a fantastic job with the off-season recruitment and I still have complete faith in him, but January hasn't been a good time to buy for us. I'm struggling to remember anyone who was signed in January and was an unequivocal success. Aloisi maybe, but I can't remember when he actually signed. It's tended to be NPL players who don't get the benefit of a full A-League pre-season, or players who have barely played and again struggle to hit the ground running, or guys like Fletcher who have been clubless for a long time.

When did Damien Mori sign? 8 games 6 goals.

Reactions: adz

pjennings

Has said if he was offered a long term deal, two to three seasons, on a wage above 100,000 he would play A-League. That's a big commitment to an unproven player though.

Well if we could sign him for a short term to prove himself then $100,000 - $120,000 for a striker is chicken feed.

Woollybutt

When did Damien Mori sign? 8 games 6 goals.
I thought Mori was signed early in the season as an injury replacement, and then he went to Brisbane in January because we weren't allowed to re-sign him due to some stupid FFA technicality. My memory could be way off though, it was so long ago.

I like the sound of a loan deal for Giannou. Match fitness would be a concern, but he'd be a great addition.

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member
I thought Mori was signed early in the season as an injury replacement, and then he went to Brisbane in January because we weren't allowed to re-sign him due to some stupid FFA technicality. My memory could be way off though, it was so long ago.

I like the sound of a loan deal for Giannou. Match fitness would be a concern, but he'd be a great addition.

That sounds about right. Think the technicality was something about signing "like for like" - ie injury replacement for a defender should be another defender

Big Al

Just sign him for the rest of the school holidays as a trial. Don’t need him after the boys get back if shit

Pirate Pete

That sounds about right. Think the technicality was something about signing "like for like" - ie injury replacement for a defender should be another defender

I can't remember who we had injured but it wasn't an attacker. We signed Mori and then the FFA changed the rules after so it had to be like for like.
Cos we're not SFC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred