• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

nebakke

Keep everyone except for
Pearce
Rose snr
Ashcroft
Bingham

Look to sign from all those off contract

Taggart
Wilkinson
Galloway
The last one I want to say Fitzgerald but I know it ended on a sour note but he's a dramatically different player to the one that left here.
I dont think we need 3 keepers in the first team

So - for my list at least, I should have probably mentioned that I figure Glover will be going back once his loan contract is done, so we'd be back to 2 keepers at the end of this season.
Also isn't Fitzy a RW? For mine we have a dearth of those right now, and only one player with a left foot, which is sort of my concern with Pain. I didn't think it ended on that much of a sour note with Fitzy though - Caceres, definitely so, but wasn't the whole Fitzy exit a bit more of a "caught-up-in-it" kind of thing?
I'd be a bit concerned about Galloway - after all, he left the current team, I'm assuming that there's a reason? Would not be at all unhappy to have Wilko back especially not if Rosey is leaving, but I don't really see it happening, especially not with murmurs that he's secured a coaching spot in Sydney post-retirement.

scottmac

Suspended
So - for my list at least, I should have probably mentioned that I figure Glover will be going back once his loan contract is done, so we'd be back to 2 keepers at the end of this season.
Also isn't Fitzy a RW? For mine we have a dearth of those right now, and only one player with a left foot, which is sort of my concern with Pain. I didn't think it ended on that much of a sour note with Fitzy though - Caceres, definitely so, but wasn't the whole Fitzy exit a bit more of a "caught-up-in-it" kind of thing?
I'd be a bit concerned about Galloway - after all, he left the current team, I'm assuming that there's a reason? Would not be at all unhappy to have Wilko back especially not if Rosey is leaving, but I don't really see it happening, especially not with murmurs that he's secured a coaching spot in Sydney post-retirement.
Galloway left for something that didn't materialize and if he had his time over may not have left. Fitz has been playing left drifting to centre at heart from what I remember but if there is another genuine left footer available.............

Big Al

Kennedy - Resign - not brilliant but better than I expected, good no 2 and sufficient no1 if we can’t upgrade

Pearce - No - needs to go play NPL for CCU

Rose Jnr - Resign - He needs to go for himself but ee need him right where he is as backup

Ascroft - Goodbye

McGing - resign (can’t believe i wrote that) Was gone for all money now a handy backup RB,CB and Mid.

Pain - Resign - keep if we can but needs competition on the left

Bingham - Maybe - He needs to play NPL,I think he has it but not sure he can stay

Powell - Resign

Appiah-Kubi - Resign

Golec - Resign

Rowles - Resign - young and has promise

Rose Snr - Thank you and goodbye

Glover (Loan) - Keep if possible

Asdrubal - No

Big Al

What's the thinking behind Arzani.
Young very talented attacker. Suits the Mariners model of talented youth. Also would think he would suit our style. Also is from Sydney was at SFC before going to City.

Is 18 turning 19 in January and has been selected 1 time each for under 20 and under 23’s for Australia last year.

Was best player in last years NYL final against SFC.
Scored against us for city last year when we blew the game at the death at home.
Has big raps but can’t get a look in at City behind there constant imports and Fitzgerald and Kamau keeping him out but with Brandan and McCormick going they surely will add more o/s talent although not sure when Fornaroli is due back

Could play either wing or backup striker and maybe #10 if DDS got posched.

Not sure he would come here. Surely Victory would be interested with there lack of backup striker and wingers.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Young very talented attacker. Suits the Mariners model of talented youth. Also would think he would suit our style. Also is from Sydney was at SFC before going to City.

Is 18 turning 19 in January and has been selected 1 time each for under 20 and under 23’s for Australia last year.

Was best player in last years NYL final against SFC.
Scored against us for city last year when we blew the game at the death at home.
Has big raps but can’t get a look in at City behind there constant imports and Fitzgerald and Kamau keeping him out but with Brandan and McCormick going they surely will add more o/s talent although not sure when Fornaroli is due back

Could play either wing or backup striker and maybe #10 if DDS got posched.

Not sure he would come here. Surely Victory would be interested with there lack of backup striker and wingers.
I thought he was a midfielder?

Big Al

I thought he was a midfielder?
Wiki says that, but was an attacker/wing in youth I think and against us. Maybe an attacking mid if he is. Don’t know much more than those two outings I’ve seen but they showed he was a class above the bous his own age.

pjennings

Kennedy Resign

Glover I think he will go and probably get a loan in England

Pearce No - he needs more game time so CCU sounds a good idea

Rose Snr No - shows definite that age is catching up

Golec - Resign

Rowles - Resign

Ascroft No - Paolo has way too many in front of him to get a run

Rose Jnr Resign

McGing Resign

Bingham No - maybe can play with Monty with Wolves

Powell - Resign

Appiah-Kubi - Resign

Pain - Resign

Asdrubal - undecided - he needs to deliver or we need an upgrade

so to replace Glover, Pearce, Rose, Ascroft & Bingham I would look at Oldfield, Zullo, Muriyama or Wilkinson, Bozanic & Goodwin

Wombat

You don`t think a coach like Okon could get something special out of him with all that "experience"?

Im not sure. Another lazy, soft but talented underachiever.

Last week against Drive Bys DDS was the only player playing with guts. Vidosic has the same level of skill but has never had that level of drive.

There is a reason he has been cut.

JoyfulPenguin

Personally think Vidosic has been great this year for the Phoenix and would be a good pick up, especially for when Danny is away with the Olyroos. Though I doubt we will be his choice as he is an Adelaide boy and they have expressed an interest.

Big Al

Asdrubal - undecided - he needs to deliver or we need an upgrade
Just watching WSW and Reira is the type of striker we need.

I think you need a top 3 in the league striker and Asdrubsl isn’t it.

Strikers all much better than him (no particular order)
Taggart and Keogh Perth
Berisha
Maccorone - Maclearen last year
Reira
Snake
Bobo

We need a much better striker. I believe Asdrubal is a good player but is not delivering as per the players above.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred