• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Maybe the plan is to push Tom H into a more attacking role with the idea that he'll control the top end of the pitch directly rather than try to set up from the back.
Melling? That's a f**king joke. We've got so many f**king midfielders on the books who can do a job. We dont have one f**king striker. Powell isn't a striker. Asdrubal isn't a striker. Bingham isn't a strikers arsehole.
I think the better option would be to drop Asdrubal and Powell back into a false 9 position or advanced midfield and GET A f**kING STRIKER

I think this should be the Yellow Army's next banner....(props to them for the banner's criticising the FFA, by the way).

Another defensive mid.....I'm already too far beyond caring to even get angry about shit like this. I really hope it's wrong though.

It's.
Not.
Working.

Actually, that would also work as a banner...

This is not the change we hoped this season.

Wombat

The Melling story is just a rumour.
We dont need him unless we have sold Rosebud but its unlikely anyone would stump up the cash for Liam atm.
Asbrubal looks like he would make an excellent stopgap 10 so we need a striker!

Wombat

I know alot of the people on the Mariners FB page are clueless but someone reckons we are getting Mitch Duke. Now that would be good news!!

Reactions: adz

Coastalraider

Would Duke really be a good signing for us? Didn't he get shifted into a full back role in Japan? I know he was a striker who played wing with us, but correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think he has played front 3rd since leaving us.

JoyfulPenguin

Would Duke really be a good signing for us? Didn't he get shifted into a full back role in Japan? I know he was a striker who played wing with us, but correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think he has played front 3rd since leaving us.
He initially played right wing back then moved forward on to the wing after he came back from his ACL injury. In an interview from earlier this year he says he doesn't think of himself as a striker anymore.

Football nut

Oh don't get me wrong I'm more than happy to have Liam Rose and have signed him for a long time, personally would have preferred to have signed him longer. He has demonstrated ability at A-League level and it was Okon's decision to extend his contract. What I have a problem with is the signing of Adam Berry, an unproven defensive midfielder fresh out of Leeds United's academy who had never played a senior game, being given a three year deal when John Hutchinson was our caretaker coach, who made that decision and why didn't we wait till we had brought in a new senior coach? Taking away a squad position is a big deal in the A-League, especially for us not always paying the whole salary cap, and we locked in someone for three seasons who was unproven without input from anyone who would be leading our footballing department in those years ahead. Okon is now trying to replace him, and we have Berry (or at least his wage) on our books till the end of next season.
I think there is more to the story about Berry. On recollection he was initially given a 12 month contract then even before playing a game or the season starting his contract was extended for another 3 years from Hutchinson a couple of weeks before Okon took over. From what I have heard the Berry family is very good friends with the Hutchinson family, that may have something to do with the very long contract???

shipwreck

I think there is more to the story about Berry. On recollection he was initially given a 12 month contract then even before playing a game or the season starting his contract was extended for another 3 years from Hutchinson a couple of weeks before Okon took over. From what I have heard the Berry family is very good friends with the Hutchinson family, that may have something to do with the very long contract???
That dodgy af

Big Al

I know alot of the people on the Mariners FB page are clueless but someone reckons we are getting Mitch Duke. Now that would be good news!!
Duke was on instagram back on the coast. My missus showed me but Japan are on the break atm. Hence Ange not starting yet.

Pretty sure it would be a we saw him here type rumour when he just on holidays much like Sainsbury who got married. Would be perfect though

Ozhammer

Many decisions are right at the time, but as years go by things change. My recollection is that Rosebud won our Player-of-the-Year in his first season. Admittedly this was our worst ever season, but nevertheless he was definitely a rising star at the time, and many (including me) were really happy he had a long term contract. As I said, things change over time...

Berry is a little different, he was signed for potential, which has not eventuated.

For potential to be fulfilled, opportunities need to be given. Jeez, I sound like Yoda there don’t I?

Personally, I rate Berry but really feel for the lad at the way he is unlikely to even get a sniff in our team at present.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Kusukami and Melling just got flicked from the drive bys......for what that’s worth

Ancient Mariner

It is looking more and more that it will be Melling. If he works out it could be a long term option to replace Wout who will probably not stay more than this season.

I really do not know what this means for Liam Rose. Does Paolo think he is not yet ready or does he see him more as a centre half. Interesting times.

Coastalraider

If it turns out that our only adjustment during January is a depth defensive midfielder in Melling, it will be immensely dissapointing. This squad has serious deficiencies in the final third, and we need to either recruit starting players who can finish the build up work, or recruit solid depth to pressure for starting positions. This does none of those things, but it adds a 7th squad member who can play DM. If we have concerns with losing DDS for OS duty, then that is an issue with AM depth. Recruit a depth 10. Moving Tom out of his preferred position is as mad as playing Kubi at striker. And we currently have rosebud, McGing and Berry on the books to fill that DM spot if moving Tom is somehow seen as a good idea.

Most other teams see the January window as a chance to strengthen areas of weakness. I just don't get our mentality in this.

We are currently not winning games, and currently not in the top 6. Other teams improving and recruiting will go a long way to keeping us out of the 6. If you are not moving forward, you're going backwards.

ccmjack

Jacob Melling been in the A-League since 2012 as a defensive midfielder who has never scored a goal at this level , unusual mid season purchase considering our striker stocks at the moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred