• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

Rowdy

..... we would be the lowest on each HAL players wish to be signed by list.

Good point & this very point was made by Travis Dodd on Fox tonite during the game, that is ...... despite the fact TW/CCM are stating that they're now actively looking for 4 new signings "it" (being where we've finished this season and the fashion we did it in) could be a negative factor in trying to lure new players to the club.

midfielder

Good point & this very point was made by Travis Dodd on Fox tonite during the game, that is ...... despite the fact TW/CCM are stating that they're now actively looking for 4 new signings "it" (being where we've finished this season and the fashion we did it in) could be a negative factor in trying to lure new players to the club.

Agree TW I don't believe has the rep to get top players.

midfielder

In the 433 we play aside from Liam we don't have def mids to link especially as Fab n Austin don't track back that much.

Football nut

In the 433 we play aside from Liam we don't have def mids to link especially as Fab n Austin don't track back that much.
Give the kid in youth a go we have nothing to lose in the last couple of games has been very impressive seems to has great vision and a great passing range and covers the backs.

banarama

We will need more than 4 overall. Expect some unhappy campers to seek being released from contracts.........What happens if they are not released and/or they are critical of the heirarchy? I hope the cycle does not continue into next season.

dibo

If anyone wants out, they should let the club know early so a deal can be sorted in the off-season and the club has a reasonable chance of getting a replacement. There's not a lot of point having people around who don't want to be there.

pjennings

TW said last night that we will again be operating at the salary cap floor. I suspect that that does not gel with the 'massive offer' reported by the A-team for Wilko. It also means that we are likely to re-sign players like Uskok, Bray and Stella and Trent. These guys would have been included - with Heffernan - in the reported $1.8million squad spend. So if we re-sign them and exchange TBH for Heffernan we would still be at $1.8million.

So the budget may well be $2,340,000 plus Wilko. If we can sign Wilko soon for next season then it will make the signing of an experienced DM (to be the Monty replacement) and an experienced CAM that much easier.

dibo

The salary cap floor all being spent on players who are actually available for selection constitutes an increase in the investment - all other things being equal you'd expect an improved performance. Not necessarily a good season, but improved.

If someone could tap up a property developer who wants to sell the fabulous lifestyle that will be on offer in the Gosford CBD, maybe we might be able to stretch further than merely the bare minimum.

After all, they need to be able to buy some PR now they can't donate to councillors or pollies...

scottmac

Suspended
We will need more than 4 overall. Expect some unhappy campers to seek being released from contracts.........What happens if they are not released and/or they are critical of the heirarchy? I hope the cycle does not continue into next season.
I don't agree.

The right goalie, an experienced cb, someone that can play the cam role and defend with the team and that's a massive start to being alot more competitive over the 90mins rather than just for 20 here and there.

Anyone who gets upset will be forgetting that they wouldn't have played this season but for the mariners. They are essentially youth team or npl players with a season of a-league under their belts. If they kick up a stink about an experienced player coming in then they need to be shown the league ladder. In particular the goals against column.

Anyway after saying that, the ones that are worth keeping will see that this is the place that hold the best chance of first team break through for them.

A wholesale change in roster is not the answer to this. A few years experience added to the spine and we are a different prospect. IMO.

Last edited:

pjennings

If anyone wants out, they should let the club know early so a deal can be sorted in the off-season and the club has a reasonable chance of getting a replacement. There's not a lot of point having people around who don't want to be there.

The obvious one here is Kalik, whose supposed sale to Hajduk Split has not been confirmed.

I'm also suspecting that Austin might be in this boat. When he came back to Australia he was disappointed that he hadn't cracked it at higher than League 2. He has been reluctant to re-sign with us. Maybe he is looking to return, on the back of a good season for him, especially early. Given that we have Rose, Fletcher, Bingers and Trent that can all play there I would suspect we would be open to offers.

The other interesting one is Rose Snr. He has been looking towards his post-football career. Is he looking to hang up his boots a year before his contract ends?

Forum Phoenix

Yeah no surprise really is it. Trick will be overcoming it. Mix of youth wanting to prove the doubters wrong - which we have more than enough of. Some experienced foreign signings who quite frankly don't give a shit and have been around enough to know that ever club has horror periods. And maybe a couple of player with something to prove will help us get over the top of it.

Forum Phoenix

If we could get wilko and say ro

I don't agree.

The right goalie, an experienced cb, someone that can play the cam role and defend with the team and that's a massive start to being alot more competitive over the 90mins rather than just for 20 here and there.

Anyone who gets upset will be forgetting that they wouldn't have played this season but for the mariners. They are essentially youth team or npl players with a season of a-league under their belts. If they kick up a stink about an experienced player coming in then they need to be shown the league ladder. In particular the goals against column.

Anyway after saying that, the ones that are worth keeping will see that this is the place that hold the best chance of first team break through for them.

A wholesale change in roster is not the answer to this. A few years experience added to the spine and we are a different prospect. IMO.

Yeah that's very much how I see it also.

The obvious one here is Kalik, whose supposed sale to Hajduk Split has not been confirmed.

I'm also suspecting that Austin might be in this boat. When he came back to Australia he was disappointed that he hadn't cracked it at higher than League 2. He has been reluctant to re-sign with us. Maybe he is looking to return, on the back of a good season for him, especially early. Given that we have Rose, Fletcher, Bingers and Trent that can all play there I would suspect we would be open to offers.

The other interesting one is Rose Snr. He has been looking towards his post-football career. Is he looking to hang up his boots a year before his contract ends?

Yeah all interesting points.

To be honest another season with us would be very good for Austin I think. As a few tend to point out, he needs to add to his game and could easily find himself on the pine elsewhere.

He may be more athlete than footballer and frustrate with his decision making, but he still has plenty of pros in my book. Speed is always good. Direct is not always bad. He does put some good crosses in, and has shown decent feet a number of times. I think some people may not be aware how hard it is to turn or even just shift your weight when going as fast as he does. Bottom line over a season he will add goals and assists and is a genuine threat to any side he lines up against. Can defend a little, but really we need more time on the ball or players like him and Fab will never have an opportunity to recover, so they have no choice but not to defend if they want to be able to attack - or vice versa. Adelaide are a much better example - so much more balanced - that their flyers can have runs - then just knock it inside - watch the ball get moved around for the next minute or two and recover without having to defend. When was the last we held the ball for two consecutive minutes in our opponents half.

Up front.
I think Bingham has come along pretty well, but I still can't see him becoming a striker capable of being prolific in the HAL inside the next two seasons. Like to be proven wrong.

Fletcher, well, even less so. He may prove to be a good player and not a plodder, you can't truly tell from what we've seen and in what circumstances, and imo people have been to quick to judge him. But that means is only one striker who is definitely the goods enough? or are we looking for another forward? I think we should. Kalik is a bit of a wild card. Doubtful he's excited about coming home from trialling OS to try and get a few minutes of the bench for spooning CCM next year... but that's where he'd sit in our pecking order even if his attitude is good.

Last edited:

pjennings

Fletcher was a very good youngster. when Kerem Bulut was scoring for fun in the U/20 it was Fletcher who was providing the assists. I think people will be very surprised at how good he is next season and expect that Austin might find that he won't have the left wing all to himself.

scottmac

Suspended
TW said last night that we will again be operating at the salary cap floor. I suspect that that does not gel with the 'massive offer' reported by the A-team for Wilko. It also means that we are likely to re-sign players like Uskok, Bray and Stella and Trent. These guys would have been included - with Heffernan - in the reported $1.8million squad spend. So if we re-sign them and exchange TBH for Heffernan we would still be at $1.8million.

So the budget may well be $2,340,000 plus Wilko. If we can sign Wilko soon for next season then it will make the signing of an experienced DM (to be the Monty replacement) and an experienced CAM that much easier.
I think now that rose has played a fair bit this season we shouldn't bring someone in to take his spot before monty goes. I can only see his progress being hampered by reducing him to bit part player. He has shown his potential, let him be starting 11 and bring in another when monty does go. Until then for the games without monty the boys that have done the job this year will suffice. Especially with an experienced cb herding the cattle from behind and a goalie that knows what he is doing.

pjennings

I think now that rose has played a fair bit this season we shouldn't bring someone in to take his spot before monty goes. I can only see his progress being hampered by reducing him to bit part player. He has shown his potential, let him be starting 11 and bring in another when monty does go. Until then for the games without monty the boys that have done the job this year will suffice. Especially with an experienced cb herding the cattle from behind and a goalie that knows what he is doing.

I actually would like to see someone like Chris Herd targeted. Primarily a DM but can also play CB and RB. He can play RB and when Monty or Wilko are unavailable can provide the experience needed in the middle. Storm is a good player, but his was a major injury - we don't know how he will come back.

banarama

Our players that have shown promise are being targetted by other HAL clubs as we pay $hit. Our season is over and they are thinking of their future. Agents will also pump this as its in their interest. Im not convinced in the logic where any "quality" would stay at the mariners cause the likely substandard team around you means you get a start each week. This logic can only mean we would be left with the bottom of the barrel players across the team, and results to match. Im sure caceres and fitzy etc are not dwelling in their exit decision, Possible silverware vs timberware. Hmmm. Yes players want exposure but not the type where you set the record for most goals conceeded in history of the a league.... Most red cards(almost) Which player wants that in their highlights reel. The club must look in the mirror and A strong message of change and hope needs to be stated soon. Another genuine world wide search perhaps?. I worry in that its predictable that we will give a similar result next year.

true believer

If someone could tap up a property developer who wants to sell the fabulous lifestyle that will be on offer in the Gosford CBD, maybe we might be able to stretch further than merely the bare minimum.

After all, they need to be able to buy some PR now they can't donate to councillors or pollies...

i think lucy from brookvale and the free enterprise foundation , may beg to differ

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred