• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

Kareem

I think we should sign Matt Sim. Both games he's played so far he's looked all right.

Isn't he "on loan" from Sydney united?

Maybe we will have to pay some sort of compensation up front?

And what about Neill?
By all accounts a decent prospect?
Do we want to block his pathway?

Although I am happy we finally have someone to challenge rosey. He just seems a bit off attacking wise...
The free header was pretty poor today!

MagpieMariner

Although I am happy we finally have someone to challenge rosey. He just seems a bit off attacking wise...
The header that gave him 10 stitches wasn't real good either.

sydmariner

And what about Neill?

no he's on loan from manly united

Kareem

It was Sutherland
I was too lazy to edit my post last night

Has anybody ever seen that in HAL history?

tsd

I can see where the confusion came from. Matt is from Sutherland, but played for moss at manly united and Trifiro came from sydney united. Both on loan

Wombat

And what about Neill?

Sim is the real deal so you have to take him over Neill.

Big Al

Simon = Hoof ball
Duke = through ball - passing game

All season the backs have had the mentality of kick it to Simon 1 out in the air & hope he wins it. If he doesn't get pinged for the foul he wins 50% of the rest but no one is there to to collect from him. Now this is either bad coaching or bad link up play & not Simon's fault but there seems to be this inbuilt mentality to go aerial to Simon.

Duke on sat night was chasing long balls behind the defense or receiving carpet balls from Sterj & Kim etc.

So if u cut Simon it's because the backs provide shit service because of his height & effort. So either get the coach to fix the passes to him or cut him because he makes.

Simon has not played like a striker who is going to score 10-15 goals but the service he receives is deplorable.

Big Al

Comes back to how we play out, not who's up top. When we play out well, our passing further forward is better too. We played out a lot better on Saturday, so the service going forward improved.
With Simon up front we tend to play out poorly regularly

dibo

I don't think the two are related. Simon's not making the CBs forget to split and Reddy lump it hopefully to the sidelines.

MagpieMariner

In general I thought our playing out was better on Saturday than for some time, but maybe that was because FC were crap.

dibo

Interesting thing I noticed in the first 5 minutes on Saturday - CBs split properly which was good, and they stayed deep enough that no attacker was going to press that high straight away. Despotovic stuck very close to Hutch though (someone's been paying attention in SFC's coaching staff, obviously). Unlike Monty (who stays high), Caceres came down to receive as Hutch moved away and Despotovic followed - Caceres would come into the space that Hutch and Despotovic vacated, and all of a sudden we'd be looking forwards and able to play. Bait and switch.

Also, both DMs were passing very effectively, hanging onto the ball for longer and playing very patiently. *Lots* of sideways passing until we'd find an option to (usually) release a fullback down the flank and exploit spaces out wide. This was supported by the CBs also playing *lots* of short passes, Bosnar shook the notion that he should be lumping long balls all day and played some nice short stuff, and Seip was actually very effective.

When out back 6 is working, we're our old selves, and it all comes down to the CBs playing well with the ball.

bikinigirl

Bosnar shook the notion that he should be lumping long balls all day and played some nice short stuff

. previously he fell into the trap of successfully making a big-pat-style diagonal long ball ... then thinking he could continue to do it ... ball after ball

. mcbreen, bernie and sometimes dukie fall into a similar trap with deflections/flicks off the outside of the boot. it works once so they continue to do it ... of course it is difficult to do time-after-time and becomes predictable. looks good if it comes off but simple is sometimes best

tsd

I think bosnar has shown himself worthy of a contract for next season, seems to have formed a bit of a partnership with Anderson. Seems to improve each week as he gets to know his team

Matt sim also seems to be a value pick. Handy having a left sided utility and seems more than capable at this level

tsd

If the monty rumour materialises into a transfer I would love to see the visa spot used for a striker, Huysegems for the right price could prove a massive signing... As many goals as barisha without the crazy

Big Al

Not so sure about Flores. (All overheard didn't speak direct - but i was very close)

After last night he was playing the political game with a very straight bat but was to political for me.

Heaps of q's on the Knee - it's good -
5-6 months minimum would see him coming back in the off season - He was very non-specific about any detail at all

Are you coming back next year - I'd love to I love it here - But there was a sense of I don't right the contracts in his tone. It was I will tell you what u want to hear - but it certainly doesn't sound close.
Could be us not having the $$$
Could be wary of an injured Knee for the money.
Could want to be somewhere else.

It will be long & drawn out IMO but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't around

Nice guy who spent the whole 2nd half in the stands with the girls team that he must have had something to do with. good stuff. Thought he was going to save the band & tell off security but no just kept walking back to the otherside

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred