• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

Kareem

Simon to Asia?
Wow...highly doubt it!

Unless he is willing to go to Thailand, India or Indonesia

Clubs from Japan, china and Korea wouldn't want him

And middle Eastern countries wouldn't waste their money on him.

I think Simon will stay, and I actually would mind him staying, provided he doesn't block dukes progression!

Kareem

I would release griffiths, pasfield.

Add sterjovski retiring../

And I would do whatever possible to offload seip and kwasnik.

I would rather keep Simon over kwasnik.

Give kwasnik a ceremony. Induct him into a hall of fame...
I will give him a standing ovation...
But injuries + improving standard would mean he might struggle.

That said, maybe give him a chance to earn a contract. Kwasnik by all logic should have struggled years ago, but he continued to surpass expectations...

eenfish

Nah but why let Griffiths go, Kareem? He has done pretty well in every time he has been called upon this season. Better than Seip.

Kareem

I assume we will re-sign Bosnar (unless he fails to improve)
And I assume seip will stay...he is ageing, and he has a terrible reputation in England...and we signed him on a long term contract.

I'd keep griff over seip, but I am worried we won't have the option

I also question the benefit of having players in their mid 20s as squaddies, I would rather blood a new youngster, either from our youth team or someone else's.
It won't help the club or our national team!

I am probably a bit harsh, and a bit idealistic...but then again I am an arsenal fan...youth ftw!

That said having a mid 20s squad player isn't as bad as having a over 30 foreign "squad player".
But like I said before it may not be in our hands...

Big Al

You could get rid of Simon or just find someone who can give him a ball not on his head/chest at half way.

Simon is not the problem it's the service or lack there of.

While McBreen scored 15-20 goals last year to get GB his strike rate would have been pretty poor (Not sure if true but felt like it). Goals to shots would have been way worse than goals to games

Last edited:

sydmariner

What have you got against Scott McDonald?
For several years he has been a regular scorer in the English second tier. He would go well in the A-League.

Don't think he's ready to come back though and he would probably be pricey.
His scoring record 4 the socceroos is worse than Lucas neill's his record is 25 caps 0 goals

VicMariner

His scoring record 4 the socceroos is worse than Lucas neill's his record is 25 caps 0 goals
The A-League is a bit below international standard. SM is a regular scorer in the Football Championship. I'd be surprised if he came to the HAL at this time because he is in his prime and doing well but if he did I think he would be one of the better strikers in the HAL.
Don't forget, Viduka did not score as much for the NT as he did for his clubs. Still a great player though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred