• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Wombat

I don't think he is at the moment. If we played like we did with Sonic in season one when we were nominally 4 at the back but more often had Heff was playing a lot further up and the other 3 spread to cover him it may suit him.

Heff was the weakest of the back 4 technically but had an incredible engine.....is that where you are drawing the comparison after a 10 min cameo?

marinermick

This about the time of the year when contract negotiations start and other teams signal their intention to pursue players from other clubs.

I wonder if this has affected our performance the last couple of games?

Big Al

This about the time of the year when contract negotiations start and other teams signal their intention to pursue players from other clubs.

I wonder if this has affected our performance the last couple of games?
Don’t think so because the midfield has been the problem and they are mostly locked in. DDS probably the one exception but I don’t think it’s been his fault. His effort is good it’s just poor opportunities for him with no one to link with.
I think we’ve had a bit of luck but also ran into a juganought last night. No one has made us look that bad this year except them. If it continues then maybe but lets see what happens apart from City who have the best squad by far.

pjennings

Don’t think so because the midfield has been the problem and they are mostly locked in. DDS probably the one exception but I don’t think it’s been his fault. His effort is good it’s just poor opportunities for him with no one to link with.
I think we’ve had a bit of luck but also ran into a juganought last night. No one has made us look that bad this year except them. If it continues then maybe but lets see what happens apart from City who have the best squad by far.
I think there was an element of that last night. They certainly are at the top of their game. However, we had so many sub par performances across the field that I'm prepared to write that off as a bad preparation - whether that was because of the heavy pitch the previous game, interrupted week? or just a lack of focus.

I still think we are a top 4 side that is able to beat anyone on our day.

Ozhammer

My assessment of the games I have watched Hatch play are that he offers a lot in an attacking sense but less so defensively. When Monty was forced to replace Hatch with Farrell last season, the team was better for it defensively imho and Farrell’s attitude seemed spot on, so it was a huge surprise that he stepped away from football at the end of the campaign, as he had great potential I believe.

Big Al

I’d say it’s more he knows he should have more goals by now and is feeling fitter and sharper so hates that he’s getting subbed now.
Exactly, his shits are legitimate not sulky shits.
Everyone agreed he should of stayed on vs Perth over Matt. So no problem wit him cracking it then.
Then was ignored a few times by the midfield on Monday but that was the pressure they were under.

I don’t see him having the shits just cause. I would be more disappointed if he didn’t. Shows he cares.

I think the teams in a funk right now but still getting results which is awesome

Corsair

We don't need any hissy fits derailing team spirit... maybe the honeymoon is over and he's showing his true colors...

bidgee23

In the spirit of Dibo....its Colours not colors. He is Latin American, they are emotional......it not a bad thing.
If my memory is correct (given i was watching in hospital may have been anaesthetic hangover) but it appeared that Marco was giving Matty Simon a real mouthful in the Melb. City penalty area after an attack went awry

Last edited:

Big Dog

My assessment of the games I have watched Hatch play are that he offers a lot in an attacking sense but less so defensively. When Monty was forced to replace Hatch with Farrell last season, the team was better for it defensively imho and Farrell’s attitude seemed spot on, so it was a huge surprise that he stepped away from football at the end of the campaign, as he had great potential I believe.
Totally agree with you here. Farrell was a real surprise for me in the games I watched as for me he didn’t look like a footballer but was really solid, did everything right and great attitude. A really good lad. I think you’re right though regarding where he wanted to be. Wasn’t sure being a professional footballer was what he wanted. It’s a massive commitment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred