• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Ads

Daily Oz Football reporting Olyroos trials against Egypt cancelled.
Good for us and the squad to keep structure.

Can anybody confirm?

scottmac

Suspended
Noting his career best form, coinciding with the end of his contract, and the fact he'll be in the shop front if the Olympics go ahead, I'd be very surprised if we could snag him for another year, he'll want to make his push in to Spainish, or Dutch leagues.
All power to him, but he'll be missed when he goes.
If you were his manager and he didn't get a great offer from a league where he will play then you'd sign an extension here with the team you know with the confidence that they'll help you get that deal you want. He's only 23. You don't want to be coming back to Australia again at 25 or 26 after 2yrs of no football with the skill that he obviously has.

Huddo

If you were his manager and he didn't get a great offer from a league where he will play then you'd sign an extension here with the team you know with the confidence that they'll help you get that deal you want. He's only 23. You don't want to be coming back to Australia again at 25 or 26 after 2yrs of no football with the skill that he obviously has.

He just turned 24, but I'm with you, the managers will be chasing the best deal, the club has to provide the best option.

scottmac

Suspended
He just turned 24, but I'm with you, the managers will be chasing the best deal, the club has to provide the best option.
I think this club WILL provide the best option. It's wether or not they'll take it. I can defs see him heading off into obscurity over the next few years if he heads to a league where he's not a definite first 11 player.

pinklady

Daily Oz Football reporting Olyroos trials against Egypt cancelled.
Good for us and the squad to keep structure.

Can anybody confirm?
Won't affect us at all - from my understanding Arnie was going to use OS based players for these ones.

pjennings

who are you replacing clisby with and for how much ?

I think the next few weeks will tell us a lot about next season. Danny Townsend has said the media deal should be done by then. We can then see what flows from that.

Will the deal for the A-League be part of a 'whole of football' deal? Will there be a NSD? Will there be expansion? Will there be a NYL/Reserve League instead?

If we end up with a NYL/Reserve League we will probably be looking at an extended squad (probably similar to our squad plus the youngster training with us.) Maybe up around 34 or 35 players with about half of that number 22 or younger.

If that is the case I would bring in a LB, Clisby and Hatch to fight for the first squad backup. The other to play in the reserve league for fitness.

turbo

True, but should be able to get better players for the same money if you are seen as a club with a good culture, good coach and winning habit (as opposed to a total basket case)
Exactly this. Don’t need to pay overs, or at least as much over, to get a look in if we aren’t perpetual spooners. Might take some time to erase the notion entirely but it’s a big step if we finish top 4.

Big Dog

Would be interesting to see him in his actual position. From what I've heard though he's more a left side midfielder than left defender......... can those who have seen him more comment on that?
Played a lot at left back last season and has the engine to make it work. I think it depends on the system. In a 4-3-3 he's more a left back but in a 4-4-2 suited to left mid. Just my observation.

aussiem

Played a lot at left back last season and has the engine to make it work. I think it depends on the system. In a 4-3-3 he's more a left back but in a 4-4-2 suited to left mid. Just my observation.
Watched him a few times. Never appeared to be the best last back, and probably not much of an upgrade on what we have today. At times it seemed like attitude as he had no problems going forward. Does seem to be good going forward and knows how to find the back of the net.

pjennings

Watched him a few times. Never appeared to be the best last back, and probably not much of an upgrade on what we have today. At times it seemed like attitude as he had no problems going forward. Does seem to be good going forward and knows how to find the back of the net.
He does have the pace to track back when beaten

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred