• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Michael

absolutely sensational article
Got my weekend off to a perfect start reading that.
I remember seeing him in a youth game for us and ofcourse thought “surely he’ll just get crunched”
And ofcourse he does the crunching more often than not and what a bloody player he is. 100% a smokey for the olympics.

anyone else reckon Arnie would be smiling quite proudly on the inside seeing us do so well again?

Pirate Pete

Article in the Herald about players off contract next season.

Perhaps one of the biggest concerns any one club faces is Central Coast Mariners’ hopes of keeping their entire defensive unit. Goalkeeper Mark Birighitti and defenders; Ruon Tongyik, Kye Rowles, Stefan Nigro and Jack Clisby have started every game for the surprise league leaders this season but the quintet are yet to extend their stay with the club.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...out-deal-for-next-season-20210316-p57b6e.html

One of the names that is not no longer on the off-contract list is that of Central Coast Mariners’ in-form striker, Alou Kuol. In a major coup for the Gosford club, the 19-year-old Kuol rejected offers from a host of rival clubs and opted to remain with the club that gave him his professional debut, agreeing to a contract extension that ensures he will remain on the Central Coast next season. Kuol has been one of the stars of the Mariners suprise form, netting six times in 12 appearances this season.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Off Contract Players:

Adelaide United (10)

Domenic Costanzo, Yaya Dukuly, Jordan Elsey, Joe Gauci, Tomi Juric, Nathan Konstandopoulos, Javi Lopez, Michael Marrone, Dakota Ochsenham, Noah Smith.

Brisbane Roar (15)

Rahmat Akbari, Tom Aldred, Joshua Brindell-South, Jordan Courtney-Perkins, Jesse Daley, Riku Danzaki, Macklin Freke, Macaulay Gillesphey, Jai Ingham, Danny Kim, Masato Kudo, Scott McDonald, Jay O’Shea, Izaack Powell, Dylan Wenzel-Halls.

Central Coast Mariners (15)

Mark Birighitti, Daniel Bouman, Jaden Casella, Jack Clisby, Danny De Silva, Daniel Hall, Matthew Hatch, Stefan Jankovic, Michal Janota, Stefan Nigro, Adam Pearce, Kye Rowles, Matthew Simon, Ruon Tongyik, Marco Urena.

Macarthur FC (16)

Benat Etxebarria, Ivan Franjic, Antony Golec, Charles M’Mombwa, Antonis Martis, Jake McGing, James Meredith, Yianni Nicolaou, Milislav Popovic, Loic Puyo, Liam Rose, Michael Ruhs, Walter Scott, Nick Suman, Markel Susaeta, Aleks Susnjar.

Melbourne City (11)

Florin Berenguer, Raphael Borges Rodrigues, Stefan Colakovski, Taras Gomulka, Curtis Good, Scott Jamieson, Craig Noone, Bernardo Oliveira, Adrian Luna, Kerrin Stokes, Naoki Tsubaki.

Melbourne Victory (14)

Aaron Anderson, Nick Ansell, Jake Brimmer, Jacob Butterfield, Max Crocombe, Rudy Gestede, Elvis Kamsoba, Birkan Kirdar, Robbie Kruse, Brandon Lauton, So Nishikawa, Storm Roux, Dylan Ryan, Adama Traore.

Newcastle Jets (10)

Ali Abbas, Jack Armson, Nigel Boogard, Jack Duncan, Lachlan Jackson, Johnny Koutroumbis, Roy O’Donovan, Kosta Petratos, Jack Simmons, Nikolai Topor-Stanley.

Perth Glory (20)

Carlo Armiento, Jonathan Aspropotamitis, Bryce Bafford, Luke Bodnar, Diego Castro, Giordano Colli, Cameron Cook, Nick D’Agostino, Declan Hughes, Chris Ikonomidis, Dane Ingham, Andy Keogh, Neil Kilkenny, Trent Ostler, Liam Reddy, Daniel Stynes, Nick Sullivan, Mason Tatafu, Tando Velaphi, Brandon Wilson.

Sydney FC (13)

Alex Baumjohann, Trent Buhagiar, Anthony Caceres, Bobo, Patrick Flottmann, Tom Heward-Belle, Ryan McGowan, Paulo Retre, Jordi Swibel, Callum Talbot, Ben Warland, Alex Wilkinson, Chris Zuvela.

Wellington Phoenix (16)

Ulises Davila, Luke DeVere, Cameron Devlin, Louis Fenton, Tomer Hemed, Josh Laws, Charles Lokoli-Ngoy, Clayton Lewis, Stefan Marinovic, James McGarry, Liam McGing, Mirza Muratovic, Matthew Ridenton, Oliver Sail, Steven Taylor, Ben Waine.

Western Sydney Wanderers (13)

Phillip Cancar, Jarrod Carluccio, Simon Cox, Daniel Giorgevski, Ziggy Gordon, Kosta Grozos, Bruce Kamau, Alessandro Lopane, Nicolai Muller, Jordan O’Doherty, Tate Russell, Daniel Wilmering, Kwame Yeboah.

Western United (16)

Besart Berisha, Max Burgess, Aaron Calver, Andrew Durante, Luke Duzel, Brendan Hamill, Filip Kurto, Steven Lustica, Nicolas Milanovic, Connor Pain, Sebastian Pasquali, Dylan Pierias, Josh Risdon, Jerry Skotadis, Tomislav Uskok, Ivan Vujica.

Rising Sun

Off Contract Players:

Western Sydney Wanderers (13)

Phillip Cancar, Jarrod Carluccio, Simon Cox, Daniel Giorgevski, Ziggy Gordon, Kosta Grozos, Bruce Kamau, Alessandro Lopane, Nicolai Muller, Jordan O’Doherty, Tate Russell, Daniel Wilmering, Kwame Yeboah.
I thought Shaun said the reason Ziggy wanted a release - and why we were generous in granting it - was that they were offering a multi-year deal that would enable him to apply for citizenship?

greenlig

Central Coast Mariners (15)

Mark Birighitti, Daniel Bouman, Jaden Casella, Jack Clisby, Danny De Silva, Daniel Hall, Matthew Hatch, Stefan Jankovic, Michal Janota, Stefan Nigro, Adam Pearce, Kye Rowles, Matthew Simon, Ruon Tongyik, Marco Urena.
Of this, I'd think Janota, Jankovic, and Pearce are the only ones with question marks. Maybe Simmo, but he's been great this year, might kick on in a smaller role next?

Michael

The conspiracist inside me says DDS is in career best form because he’s off contract hahaha
It’s slightly concerning with such a big amount coming off contract especially when we’re already inside that final 6month window when they can talk to anyone and everyone that is interested.
You’d like to think they’re all loving it here right now. But life isn’t fairy tales unfortunately.

the most urgent re-signings I believe should be Birra, DDS, Kye and Ruon.
Urena is coming into some serious form finally so he’d be next. Janota is still a wait and see if he explodes, I rate him.

imo, the young lads like bouman, hall, Casella and hatch should 100% be kept to keep nurturing them.

despite the form of Clisby and nigro, I honestly wouldn’t be too upset if they leave. Clisby has burnt us that many times before this season with stupid positioning and general play errors he can 100% be improved on. Nigro is solid but could be improved on. I believe it’s matty’s retirement season, especially with the likes of Cahill, tsek’s and smylie at the ready.

pearce and jankovic can leave.

Michael

There’s quite a few decent players that could be available from other teams too...
The nix LB James Mcgarry is high quality, is better than Clisby imo.
Armiento is very good from Perth.

Forum Phoenix

Of this, I'd think Janota, Jankovic, and Pearce are the only ones with question marks. Maybe Simmo, but he's been great this year, might kick on in a smaller role next?
I rate Janota be happy to keep him. Jankovic has to go unless he’s on very small wage which I don’t think he is right?

Last edited:

Huddo

I'd be interested to know if the mariners have promised Monty a senior coaching role after Stajs tenure (and I'd like to know how Simon and Olly will fit in to future plans). Know it's still atleast 18 months off but you'd think this kind of turnaround won't go unnoticed by other bigger clubs and staj won't be around for to long. The smart club will have a long term succession plan for there coaching staff to avoid any discomfort in the change over.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred