• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Michael

Alou Koul. Does anybody think the kid may actually be better for not being in NYL squads while learning the game. He is absolutely raw but i feel this is helping because he hasn’t been over coached which can happen in more professional setups.
He obviously has super ability but I wonder if MC and MV passed on him because he wasn’t a cookie cutter product. Monty needed one session. Is that because we need to take risks or the others just are blind?
He has all the attributes to succeed it’s so good to see the coast getting behind him and him producing some magic

i think you’re pretty on the money, those Melbourne academy coaches probably assumed he wasn’t up to the technical level and the lack any full time youth training etc they made their minds up. Monty’s football brain is very British, I mean that in a positive way, he knows how a real youth set up works. He saw something different in alou. I don’t think it was a gamble or risk at all on montys behalf. A young player with pure hunger and energy is more coachable than say a cocky little technically superb player (DRD Kekeris etc)
And anyway, alou’s technical ability is his ability to strike a football extremely sweetly in any circumstance. That for a striker is the perfect starting point. His Adelaide goal is exhibit A on that one.
I mean the toure brothers are identical to Kuol, pure hunger and energy. They’ve been in Adelaides system longer so their technical ability is slightly higher. That’s what’s so good now about getting alou’s brother in early.

Allreet?

Interesting points BA.

Without knowing all the details of his development, it wouldn't surprise at all to learn he's comparatively new to a professional set up. Certainly in his first few weeks he was doing stuff that looked uncoached, unstructured and totally spontaneous.

Pretty sure Jolic would have rejected him...

But a little bit of a scary thought... last night there were three occasions when he could have blitzed the defence and gone one-on-one, but every time he chose to hold the ball and the chance was lost. The suspicion arose for me that maybe he'd been told to hold the ball up and wait for support instead of take on the defence. Big Al's thoughts confirm me in this suspicion. So...shout-out to Staj...

Leave him alone!!!!!!!!!!

Certainly redeemed himself with the pass to Hatch. That was class.

pjennings

Interesting points BA.

Without knowing all the details of his development, it wouldn't surprise at all to learn he's comparatively new to a professional set up. Certainly in his first few weeks he was doing stuff that looked uncoached, unstructured and totally spontaneous.

Pretty sure Jolic would have rejected him...

But a little bit of a scary thought... last night there were three occasions when he could have blitzed the defence and gone one-on-one, but every time he chose to hold the ball and the chance was lost. The suspicion arose for me that maybe he'd been told to hold the ball up and wait for support instead of take on the defence. Big Al's thoughts confirm me in this suspicion. So...shout-out to Staj...

Leave him alone!!!!!!!!!!

Certainly redeemed himself with the pass to Hatch. That was class.
I noticed that as well and a couple of their defenders were on yellows so I was waiting for them to put in a poor defensive effort or cop a second yellow.

The other side is that Staj may see Perth as the real challenger and didn't want Alou getting his 5th yellow and missing Sunday's game

scottmac

Suspended
I noticed that as well and a couple of their defenders were on yellows so I was waiting for them to put in a poor defensive effort or cop a second yellow.

The other side is that Staj may see Perth as the real challenger and didn't want Alou getting his 5th yellow and missing Sunday's game
Yeah Alou looked to be playing within himself. It's testament to the level of his progression that he is obviously trying to get more feathers in his cap and that he's probably not quite there in regards to knowing when to hold and when to just go. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go hell for leather next game

Allreet?

Fair points - forgot about the 4 yellows...

true believer

reading about kuol he comes across as a very smart lad .
he knew when he had a trail in Portugal that he wasn't at the level of
his age group .
he knew he would have to play some a-league before trying europe seriously .
he hasn't spat the dummy waiting in line .
watching the red louganis.they have over played Al Hassan Toure.
who now has a serious hammie .

i think he can see it . 15 goals and silverware look awfully good on the resume .
just ask polish 5th division drd

Michael

And let’s all just remember he also has some filling out to do. Which has clearly been made a point with a few of the other young lads. Stens, Miller and nizzy have all put on muscle. Nizzy’s legs are comparative tree trunks.
Alou will be a whole new beast when he fills out slowly over the next 12 months, coupled with this full season. It’s so exciting.

Ironbark

reading about kuol he comes across as a very smart lad .
he knew when he had a trail in Portugal that he wasn't at the level of
his age group .
he knew he would have to play some a-league before trying europe seriously .
he hasn't spat the dummy waiting in line .
watching the red louganis.they have over played Al Hassan Toure.
who now has a serious hammie .

i think he can see it . 15 goals and silverware look awfully good on the resume .
just ask polish 5th division drd
I had to look up louganis to work out what you were talking about. Professional diver. Like it

Insertnamehere

And let’s all just remember he also has some filling out to do. Which has clearly been made a point with a few of the other young lads. Stens, Miller and nizzy have all put on muscle. Nizzy’s legs are comparative tree trunks.
Alou will be a whole new beast when he fills out slowly over the next 12 months, coupled with this full season. It’s so exciting.
Oh man. When Alou has a mans body he’ll be scary AF. Imagine him at 80-85kg. Just beasting CBs for shits and giggles.

Big Dog

But a little bit of a scary thought... last night there were three occasions when he could have blitzed the defence and gone one-on-one, but every time he chose to hold the ball and the chance was lost.
If his brother continues to move through the ranks it won't be a problem. 16yrs old and in the last few minutes of the Opens at Pluim last Sunday breezed through defenders with ease. The kid has serious potential.

marinermick

i hope it includes making sure he does his school work .
total commitment means from both side

Given all the options in adult education that is not such a big deal anymore. He only has one shot at being a professional footballer and that dedication is needed now. He can always go back and revisit his education if things don’t work out in football.

true believer

Given all the options in adult education that is not such a big deal anymore. He only has one shot at being a professional footballer and that dedication is needed now. He can always go back and revisit his education if things don’t work out in football.
i watched moneyball again the other night . billy bean had a full scholarship to stanford.
instead took the draught . failed as a pro and end up a talent scout .
there is no reason not to put your efforts into both. at 16 that should be the norm.
after all how many people go back and do a degree after leaving the education system as a kid ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred