• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Insertnamehere

i watched moneyball again the other night . billy bean had a full scholarship to stanford.
instead took the draught . failed as a pro and end up a talent scout .
there is no reason not to put your efforts into both. at 16 that should be the norm.
after all how many people go back and do a degree after leaving the education system as a kid ?
I agree that he can and should be doing both. There’s a vast difference in what is available now vs in Beane’s day. Beane is also filthy rich now.

Allreet?

Given all the options in adult education that is not such a big deal anymore. He only has one shot at being a professional footballer and that dedication is needed now. He can always go back and revisit his education if things don’t work out in football.
Not so sure about this. I'm playing O45Ds and haven't entirely given up on a pro football career.

I'd certainly be better than Usain Bolt.

scottmac

Suspended
i watched moneyball again the other night . billy bean had a full scholarship to stanford.
there is no reason not to put your efforts into both. at 16 that should be the norm.
after all how many people go back and do a degree after leaving the education system as a kid ?
Plenty do. Me for one. My wife another and there's at least 40 mature age students in a cohort of 100 in my current degree. Sporting excellence is a time poor career. You do it when you've got it or there's no going back.

FFC Mariner

Me?

Allreet?

I played (lower level) state league for two clubs but also have five degrees.

Mind you, I wasn't really that good at anything.

marinermick

I worked in the tertiary sector. More people go back than you think.

pjennings

I did in the mid 90s and my wife went back after leaving at 16 and got a Bachelor and then a Masters

true believer

I agree that he can and should be doing both. There’s a vast difference in what is available now vs in Beane’s day. Beane is also filthy rich now.
yes beane was one of the very lucky few and i would also say there was alot more options for further education 30 years ago than today . i did years of night tech after leaving school . now to do those engineering subjects correspondence will cost you 5k a year .
some things through online studies are better but not easily available

priorpeter

So, unless they’re planning on slotting him straight into the first team, he’s going from playing NPL2 with GV Suns to playing NPL3 with Vuck Academy... okie dokie then

Huddo

So, unless they’re planning on slotting him straight into the first team, he’s going from playing NPL2 with GV Suns to playing NPL3 with Vuck Academy... okie dokie then

I didn't even think about that, fck that is a stupid move. On a good note though, noting the effectiveness of the current starting 11, I can see them scrambling harder than Adelaide to find juniors to promote.

turbo

I didn't even think about that, fck that is a stupid move. On a good note though, noting the effectiveness of the current starting 11, I can see them scrambling harder than Adelaide to find juniors to promote.
I wouldn’t put it past them wanting to get him just on association for a good news story with everything going on. Not sure how young this one is but maybe it makes sense to stay close to home for now and give this a crack. Then come up this way if our program is much better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred