• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Big Al

If you have them at hand can you list them ....

Sounds to me, and I could be wrong, but are we signing a talented bunch of kids and I assume at the bottom end of the salary to free up funds to buy say a solid spine and keeper...

Thats the positive message I guess... I genuinely fear for the club if we have another crap year... I strongly feel club management needs to take ownership of our position and explain in some detail what the propose to do about it and I mean before the season ends ... On Monday I had a new client a Football hard core rusted on... up until two years ago never missed a Mariner's home game... today has lost all interest in Hal and the Mariners... I asked why and he said and I surprised nay amazed [hhhmmm not really], say astonished at his answer.... he said he could put up with crap play and being beaten... its hard when players seem to give up.... but when management gave up he said he left and as he sees it MC and our management team are not trying to improve anything simply trying to spend as little as possible...
Staj has had his tentacles in SFC youth and might be seeing their senior squad is set up that way to (12-13 quality players and youth to back it up) and is going to use that formula. I think WSW are the same they have a lot of youth filling out their squad

jacobsfl

let me think here

Pearce
Rowles
Clisby
ziggy (should he take up the player option)
Miller
Nisbet
stens
Silvera
Muzz
DRD
Majok
Shabow

11 unless Ziggy stays.

Michael

Staj has had his tentacles in SFC youth and might be seeing their senior squad is set up that way to (12-13 quality players and youth to back it up) and is going to use that formula. I think WSW are the same they have a lot of youth filling out their squad

Arnie did the same thing when with us.
It’s the best way to tackle a league such as ours. And you get minimal egotistical players because all the youth boys should have incredible hunger to keep said 12-13 senior quality players on their toes. Also helps improve the younger players massively. I’ve been a huge advocate of this approach.

pjennings

If you have them at hand can you list them ....

Sounds to me, and I could be wrong, but are we signing a talented bunch of kids and I assume at the bottom end of the salary to free up funds to buy say a solid spine and keeper...

Thats the positive message I guess... I genuinely fear for the club if we have another crap year... I strongly feel club management needs to take ownership of our position and explain in some detail what the propose to do about it and I mean before the season ends ... On Monday I had a new client a Football hard core rusted on... up until two years ago never missed a Mariner's home game... today has lost all interest in Hal and the Mariners... I asked why and he said and I surprised nay amazed [hhhmmm not really], say astonished at his answer.... he said he could put up with crap play and being beaten... its hard when players seem to give up.... but when management gave up he said he left and as he sees it MC and our management
let me think here

Pearce
Rowles
Clisby
ziggy (should he take up the player option)
Miller
Nisbet
stens
Silvera
Muzz
DRD
Majok
Shabow

11 unless Ziggy stays.
I didn't include Ziggy or Drd but add DDS and Kuol. Shabow is off contract I think. Refer to the first post which I try to keep up to date.

I will try to clarify DRDs contract term

possum x

how do you figure that, given they came up through him?
Because Montys been in that role for less than a year, Nisbet, as has been stated, was more of a Ben Cahn product as well as Ken I'd say, Stens didn't spend much time at the academy and Kuol was only brought in this NYL season. You could at a stretch give him some credit for Miller in my opinion

yorkshireman

ok best guess time...
What are we currently wasting on expensive players who hopefully are gone next season?
SImon, McGlinchey, DDS, Jair, Oar?
AND....... costing of other players:
Shabow, Melling, etc...

COYY

Simon $180k
Mcglinchey $160k
Shabow 90k
Melling 90k
Oar 275k - 300k might be a little higher
DDS 140k Parent club covers additional payment

marinermick

Simon $180k
Mcglinchey $160k
Shabow 90k
Melling 90k
Oar 275k - 300k might be a little higher
DDS 140k Parent club covers additional payment

Add to that list Djuric and Jair who iate currently on the bench and you have crap loads not going in the starting eleven.

Wonder what Macarthur are paying Oar?

turbo

Add to that list Djuric and Jair who iate currently on the bench and you have crap loads not going in the starting eleven.

Wonder what Macarthur are paying Oar?

I think that highlights a bit of what MC must feel when everyone wants him to open his wallet. Losing a million a year on the club and time and time again you end up with poor spending to show for it. Sure spending more would help hide those mistakes but how about just being smarter with the funds we do have?

Wombat

I think that highlights a bit of what MC must feel when everyone wants him to open his wallet. Losing a million a year on the club and time and time again you end up with poor spending to show for it. Sure spending more would help hide those mistakes but how about just being smarter with the funds we do have?

I have zero sympathy for Pikey. We go into the season without a starting 11 CF or CB......what moron allows that to happen.

Forum Phoenix

I have zero sympathy for Pikey. We go into the season without a starting 11 CF or CB......what moron allows that to happen.

From everything, Anton, Staj and Shaun said, (long before the squad was locked) it clearly wasn't for want of trying, but of players not wanting to come here for the offers they could afford to make. MC is not in charge of recruiting either. And nor do we want him to be do we?

After 3 years of wasted funds, we do know he finally cracked down and demanded there be more than one decision maker after 400K was wasted on Adsrubal by Okon – who purportedly still wanted autonomy when it came to signings.

Mulvey then screwed up with McCormack and Cisse, Weemac and I guess you could say Oar who went out injured and even Matty. But none of these signings I think could reasonably be blamed on MC. McCormack and Oar we were all stoked by. Cisse was heavily advocated by Mulvey. Weemac and Matty also – pitched as recapturing the old spirit... but more failure ensues, Mulvey is proven all talk, and since then what's happened? Brings in Phelan, focus's on youth again, finally appoints a decent coach to a long term deal and a clear policy of 1 year deals is instituted, obviously the directive of an owner sick to shit of people wasting the clubs squad budget and then fans cursing his name for it. There's risk of losing players who prove themselves that you can't then manage to re-sign, but it's considerably less risk for a club with our limited funds of putting another wave of duds on multi year deals, that have the risk to sink us for more than one season.

Seems blatant to me that people have the wrong end of the stick on this. Understandable as our collective misery and frustration is, we are blaming the one guy who has been footing the bill, ostensibly all because he's not richer than he is. The other position when thought through literally makes no sense. Think about it, if he could comfortably afford to spend more, be a very strange man whose ego would instead happily watch the club he owns build a spoon collection, lose support, and damage it's own brand.

But that's what people repeatedly suggest he's doing, act like it's a fact and talk shit about him for. Feel like I'm just shouting into the wind on this though. Pain of repeatedly losing clearly has no chance of outweighing any other reasonable considerations or facts.

Still I've never heard one word of recrimination form Charlesworth. Rather they clearly understand that no matter how hard they try or genuine they are, that unless we start winning, theyr'e going to cop it.

Personally, I'm bone tired of losing, very worried about our future, and all for calling out mistakes or suggesting improvements. But I'm also bone tired of the angry blame narrative.

Last edited:

turbo

Well said FP. I believe we need more investment to be competitive and have no doubt MC is looking for that but it’s a tough sell atm. He’s no saint of course but there’s a lot the management of the club need to do to get their house in order before putting the hand out.

If you’re on a tight budget and your partner comes home with a car full of overpriced junk and magic beans but then needs more money for groceries are you going to break the bank or tell them to get their act together?

I do think the decision making is getting better and I am genuinely interested to see what Staj puts together for next season but if I’m MC I haven’t seen enough yet to reach deeper in to my pocket.

...Seems blatant to me that people have the wrong end of the stick on this. Understandable as our collective misery and frustration is, we are blaming the one guy who has been footing the bill, ostensibly all because he's not richer than he is....

....Still I've never heard one word of recrimination form Charlesworth.

First part of this quote is spot on - Mike Charlesworth has never wavered from the position that he doesn’t have enough money to commit any more to the club than he has/is. And as you suggested - it doesn’t make sense for that to be a lie. TBH, I’ve known the guy a while without ever catching him lying to me about CCM. He told me this week that he has put in “more than he can afford” in the current season.

Just for the record he is certainly not happy about being “vilified” (his word) for that.

It’s no doubt sad times but identifying who is to blame is more complex than might be thought

COYY

The biggest issue relating to the amount of money spent on older and unproven players is simple, for the club to recruit they are required to spend more money on players because players and their agents believe they would be taking an image hit by coming here. For example, Shabow, Clisby, Simon and Weemac approx. cost 500k. Simon and Weemac possible wanted a final payday, Clisby has been through a number of clubs and Shawbow is unproven. I wouldn’t be surprised if these guys have the same agent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred