• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

turbo

Not exactly shocking. We were always going to be in a very difficult position trying to retain an in form keeper that had gained plenty of attention even without us playing like shit.

FFC Mariner

Not exactly shocking. We were always going to be in a very difficult position trying to retain an in form keeper that had gained plenty of attention even without us playing like shit.
If true - SST do have a habit of being wildly wrong

turbo

They’ve made some accurate calls recently but yeah could be rubbish. The odds are definitely against us retaining him though.

Ironbark

I'd be pretty stunned if we retained Birraz or Kim. Consider Duric pretty unlikely to remain too.
The shame of it is Birraz is the only consistently performing starting 11 player we have.

pjennings

So when Staj told Fox there were 10 spots to fill we could only think of 9...............now we know. We guessed at:
Judas
Jair
Melling
Shabow
Oar
Simon
Milan
Kim
Fox
Birra

So with 11 signed and 10 to come that reads to me like Ziggy is taking the option extension (so really 12 signed) and there would be 10 on top of that. Of the 11 signed 9 will be 23 or less at the start of next season with only Clisby and Murray older.

The 10 need to be experienced players with what looks like 5 visa players and 5 Aussies (Harold probably one of those)

Forum Phoenix

Birraz signed on with Macarthur according to SST

Shit. Expected him to go, Deserves to go overseas and completely but sucks to lose him to bloody Macarthur. Pain to WU now Birra to the latest newbies. Our pantry is open. It’s got to be all but impossible to keep our decent players until we become a decent side again.

turbo

Kim. Consider Duric pretty unlikely to remain too.
With what we've been seeing lately I'm ok with both of them going. Fit start of season Duric sure sign him up but if we cant keep him that way then its time to move on, we dont have the luxury of gambling on that if evidence suggests otherwise to the club so there's some tough calls to make.

Now my opinion on Kim might be controversial because he has done some good work but at least in the way we are deploying him we aren't getting the most out of him and therefore our spending so either use him better or look for someone that plays that position which is primarily CB. Kim has had a hand in a number of the goals against us and while it's rarely his catastrophic screw up there's the possibility an experienced natural CB would better marshal the back line. I don't think any of us see evidence of a cohesive structure and leadership there.

So for me if we have 4 visa spaces to use with Ziggy possibly staying it's 1x striker, 1x attacking mid 1x CB to partner Ziggy in the middle of a back 4. Last spot more flexible, keeper if necessary otherwise perhaps a senior DM to partner Stensess or Nisbet. If we dont use it on a visa DM I'd be looking at playing DDS a bit deeper.

And give Ziggy the armband if hes staying.

style_cafe

I`d be throwing a sizable chunk at Sainsbury.
At 28, with quite a few moves under his belt, and now playing in Israel a move home might be attractive to him.
Give him a 4 year deal,with an option of another 2 years.
Throw in the armband and get Tullipan to build him a house in Terrigal.
Then build a team around him as he`s the type of player that would attract other decent players...:popcorn:

Coastalraider

At 28, with quite a few moves under his belt, and now playing in Israel a move home might be attractive to him.
Then build a team around him as he`s the type of player that would attract other decent players...:popcorn:

I reckon Sainsbury will slot into Wilkos spot when he retires.

Why would he even consider returning to Australia to play for us? There are 11 more attractive teams in the comp next year, all of which are likely to offer him more money than we would.

Tevor

Too high a bar that one Style, we are no chance. I don’t think Arnie would endorse it either because we are rubbish and wouldn’t be hard to find a better team anywhere.

Michael

Interestingly we have got Louis Khoury for this NPL2 season. Was with Man City until 16 and then Blackburn. Never got to play official matches because of visa issues, but his football apprenticeship beats that of all our current youth boys.
He scored in the first match of NPL also.
Could be a decent smokey for next season.

Wombat

I reckon Sainsbury will slot into Wilkos spot when he retires.

Why would he even consider returning to Australia to play for us? There are 11 more attractive teams in the comp next year, all of which are likely to offer him more money than we would.

Its not always about the money honey.

Wombat

Interestingly we have got Louis Khoury for this NPL2 season. Was with Man City until 16 and then Blackburn. Never got to play official matches because of visa issues, but his football apprenticeship beats that of all our current youth boys.
He scored in the first match of NPL also.
Could be a decent smokey for next season.

Is he the solid looking young Jedi look a like with the full Muzzy beard? Looked ok but not outstanding......for the idiots that are Silvera haters......Silvera looks levels above at training.....only Nizzy is in the same postcode.

Forum Phoenix

Is he the solid looking young Jedi look a like with the full Muzzy beard? Looked ok but not outstanding......for the idiots that are Silvera haters......Silvera looks levels above at training.....only Nizzy is in the same postcode.

I’m not a hater, but he’s been very poor since he got back. Glad to hear he’s training well, I was genuinely starting to think I must have imagined the ability I saw.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred