• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

scottmac

Suspended
The other thing selling him does is say to the younger players in the league we will help you get game time and that dream move overseas rather than hiding you behind a price that won’t be paid. There’s some value in that when we lack the prestige and big budget of some other clubs.
It also says were not interested in keeping a team together or the long term success of the club. You'll get your shot............ in a team that is sub par. So sub par that you'll take the first offer that comes along to gtfo

Wombat

Ruiz-Diaz has signed a full time deal, great news. Hope it means more minutes for him.
There is room because Silvera really is leaving?

Hopefully he develops but Silvera looked levels above when I watched them at training.

Wombat

And what penetration has he supplied since the Perth game? Eleven games, one goal, no assists and only twelve crosses are suggestive of meaningful penetration?

His game has been worked out and he has not been able to adapt. Defenders just shepherd him down the line where he runs out of space. They have also become more physical with him as well. Remember that crunching tackle he received away at Sydney? He subsequently kept coughing up possession because he was looking over his left shoulder for another tackle. Janes Meredith also had him in his pocket.

If this is silk then I am watching a different game.

You should have been a ref with your eyesight then Mick.

Robbiemariner

RANT WARNING
There has to be a willingness from the owner to oversee an upgrade to what has proven to be a very average squad ..... , yes the other teams have improved and so have we , but we have not closed the gap , we have had a few lucky results to date (DEFINITELY SAVOURED )
I'm grateful that a couple of other clubs are struggling otherwise this season would be oh so like the previous disasters .
I can't remember the last time we went out and battered a team for 90 mins both score wise and performance wise .
Every game has its importance but this weekend IS DO OR DIE in terms of the spoon .... yep another glorious season battling for the spoon .
How many more seasons can this be the norm ,
Can the owner not see (does he not care ). ( yep I know without his finance we would not exist ) .
Put pure and simply
A GOOD PRODUCT ON THE PITCH WILL PUT BUMS ON SEATS ... ETC ETC
AM I MISSING SOMETHING .
Anyway thats my rant See you guys on Saturday COYY

turbo

It also says were not interested in keeping a team together or the long term success of the club. You'll get your shot............ in a team that is sub par. So sub par that you'll take the first offer that comes along to gtfo

If we can sell players it should help us with that long term success. Put funds in to a group of solid visa players, some decent locals and a few talented youngsters and you’ve got an identity and something that should lift us from the bottom rungs of the ladder. Most kids won’t earn a move so quickly so 12-18 months seems more likely and allows some success and squad continuity.

Charlie1

Would people be open to Roy O”Donovan coming back to the club given our issues up front?
It wouldn’t worry me couldn’t do any worse than what we have got. This will upset people but feed the Muz I wouldn’t bloody feed him anything has done nothing to show me he deserves to be in the team. Might be a nice guy but his job is to score goals and his not doing that saying that either are our other strikes

Ironbark

Didn't know we were rumoured to be looking at anyone but I hope we are looking.

Also I feel LAFC has made it fairly clear there are no visa spots left for Silvera so I expect to see him back soon

Ancient Mariner

I would not be too troubled having O'Donovan back, as long as he stays out of trouble. He has shown he can find the back of the net which appears to be beyond many attackers in this league not just ours.
Berisha seems to have learnt to control himself after his disagreement with Rudan.
Who knows some of these players may have learnt to keep their more dangerous emotions in check.
However he will only be successful with decent feeding. For that we need someone to play as a #10, who is not DDS. Silverra, Oar or Durik, take your pick. It may even help Muzz who I still think has potential and is still on the learning curve.

turbo

However he will only be successful with decent feeding. For that we need someone to play as a #10, who is not DDS
Exactly this. Roy wouldn’t fair any better with rubbish crosses for days and if we fix that service issue we might just find we get more out of the guys we have.

Scotty

For me, Roy is an off the shoulder striker that likes to be fed centrally. Our current game seems to be switch it wide and hit a long cross, hopefully for Muzz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred