• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Michael

Club statement on Silvera

The Central Coast Mariners can confirm that Sam Silvera has returned to the Central Coast from Los Angeles and resumed full training with the Mariners. Silvera was invited by LAFC to spend a week training with the MLS outfit, and the two clubs will continue to work together on Sam’s development and remain in communication regarding future opportunities for the player. In respect of the process and Silvera, neither club will be making further comment unless otherwise advised.

pretty interesting, I’m only guessing here but it could possibly be a first refusal type agreement as in... say we get an offer for Sammy down the track LAFC get the right of matching or bettering that..
or it could be a nothing statement pretty much saying he isn’t ready yet because he just isn’t.

Wombat

The Wombat is happy now.

You wankers can carry on with whatever dreams floats your boat about Yoof players or whatever.
And we get to keep the most exciting prospect in our squad.

Much as i love him as a winger i would actually swap DDS to the flank and play SS as a 10.

LAFC Aus

Hey everyone.
Thanks for letting Sam Silvera head to LA for the trial. From some of the Information I have heard is they have been looking at him for a while and were hoping he would be available for the friendly this weekend, but understand you need him back.
Personally I can see him heading back to LA after the A-league season to keep trialing.
And if a deal is made I think there is a high chance he would be loaned back and if he is it might be a good idea to try and get another young LAFC player to come with him on loan.

turbo

and if he is it might be a good idea to try and get another young LAFC player to come with him on loan.
That would be a good way to develop a bond between the clubs as long as they are at the level needed to perform in the A league (but not necessarily MLS level). What we can’t have is a repeat of some of our loans last season where the young players weren’t up to scratch for our comp.

neverwozza

I knew mine would be an unpopular post and I respect the opinions of everyone on here - after all we all have the same ambition at heart that is to see the Mariners succeed and continue to be a club that we can be proud of.
I guess my reasoning behind my way of thinking is I do not see Silvera as the massive talent that many do. I have watched him play for many years and he has always been a player with potential that goes missing when things get difficult. I agree that it is good that we have learnt from the Matt Millar situation in not locking down players early and to long term deals. However I don't rate him above either Lewis Miller or Josh Nisbet but he definitely is miles better than some of the triallists and youth players that have been given a chance - Marc Moric, John Roberts, Jerry Skotadis and Dylan Ruiz-Diaz.
Which brings me to another of Staj's stuff ups - the way he dealt with Brandon Lundy. Lundy trialled for a couple of weeks and played in the fairly low key match against North Shore Mariners. He was an absolute stand out albeit in a game that meant absolutely nothing against opponents who fielded a number of triallists themselves. I, and many others left the game thinking we had found ourselves a top class attacking right back. Staj didn't offer him a contract (which is the coach's decision in all cases) but he told Lundy he wanted him to stay on and train full time with the team without payment or contract just in case we needed to sign someone during the season. Lundy never came back for another session. If this is Staj's way of testing someones desire or eagerness to play then it is a very unprofessional way of doing it. If he honestly thought that Lundy would agree to it then that is just plain stupidity. I hope it was the first.

Bump - I miss pinklady's insights. Obviously watches a lot of NSW youth footy and knows a lot more about the game than myself. Didn't agree with everything that he said but definitely a straight shooter and good for a bit of inside goss too.:)

Ancient Mariner

Nizzy must be signed for 3 years this week.
I have thought he was a great talent from the little I have seen of him in the Cup and made no secret of it.
Tonights 90 minute performance confirmed it in my mind.
Good decisions quickly. A natural talent. A goer. A good football brain.

Ironbark

Nizzy must be signed for 3 years this week.
I have thought he was a great talent from the little I have seen of him in the Cup and made no secret of it.
Tonights 90 minute performance confirmed it in my mind.
Good decisions quickly. A natural talent. A goer. A good football brain.
Agree x2

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred