• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

MagpieMariner

I think even Messi would struggle with the service we give our strikers. That's the area we need to improve, put passes through on the ground, not these hail mary bombs.

scottmac

Suspended
If we can sell players it should help us with that long term success. Put funds in to a group of solid visa players, some decent locals and a few talented youngsters and you’ve got an identity and something that should lift us from the bottom rungs of the ladder. Most kids won’t earn a move so quickly so 12-18 months seems more likely and allows some success and squad continuity.
Name the last long term group of solid visa players and I'll concede. They don't hang around either and the ones that want to we give the shaft.

scottmac

Suspended
As long as we f**k Jair off - the snake can score at Newcastle hopefully
Is he the new striker we are rumoured to be looking at?
I'd have Jair and the snake. Playing the shape we are now having both gives each other space. Murray just doesn't take defenders away from players and neither does Simon.

turbo

Name the last long term group of solid visa players and I'll concede. They don't hang around either and the ones that want to we give the shaft.
I’m not saying what we’ve done is working and all this chopping and changing managers hasn’t helped us retain a core group at all. What I’m suggesting is if we can sell off some young players every couple of years it can bring in funds to attract that core and keep them here.

I don’t think we’ve spent our funds well but are getting better, Oar will free up some capital as should Simon and Mcglinchey’s deals ending. I would suggest we focus on the 5 visa players and fill around them.
Looking at the players locked in so far we could do something like:
—————— ?—————
Miller ——GG/Visa—Rowles——?
—DDS—— Visa——Stensness
—Silvera——Visa ——?
If not sold.

There’s a few pieces to work out and that’s just 1 formation. If we were to target 1 CB, 1 10/AM, 1 striker that gives us some flexibility if we need to look for a keeper or other problem areas. There was a possibility of a 6th visa player floated too so not sure if that will happen or not. I think DDS can do the job for us in a less creative and more defensive role

Pirate Pete

I’m not saying what we’ve done is working and all this chopping and changing managers hasn’t helped us retain a core group at all. What I’m suggesting is if we can sell off some young players every couple of years it can bring in funds to attract that core and keep them here.

I don’t think we’ve spent our funds well but are getting better, Oar will free up some capital as should Simon and Mcglinchey’s deals ending. I would suggest we focus on the 5 visa players and fill around them.
—————— ?—————
—DDS—— Visa——Stensness
—Silvera——Visa ——?
If not sold.

There’s a few pieces to work out and that’s just 1 formation. If we were to target 1 CB, 1 10/AM, 1 striker that gives us some flexibility if we need to look for a keeper or other problem areas. There was a possibility of a 6th visa player floated too so not sure if that will happen or not. I think DDS can do the job for us in a less creative and more defensive role

Shaun was talking about the possible sixth visa spot on the radio the other week.
From what I recall he was saying the club are presuming that will be in place.

scottmac

Suspended

—————— ?—————
—DDS—— Visa——Stensness
—Silvera——Visa ——?
If not sold.

There's an argument to be had that since we started selling off players we've never been the same. We're not doing both. We're selling without building and that's because the owner doesn't have heart in the club. He's got coin in the club but no heart.

Melange

Does anyone know if Fox is still training? I thought he played or made game day squad a few weeks ago (?) but haven't heard about him since.

In the words of the immortal Brennan Huff - "time to say goodbye"?

Big Al

Would people be open to Roy O”Donovan coming back to the club given our issues up front?
It’s not even a question really.

We absolutely would be better with him than the current lot.

Hassles like Simon but actually scores few if gets enough chances. Yeah he’ll butcher a few but he wll create something

Sam_Kelso

Does anyone know if Fox is still training? I thought he played or made game day squad a few weeks ago (?) but haven't heard about him since.

Was in last weeks extended squad but didn’t make the final side and now this week not included at all. Interesting to see what will happen tbh I didn’t mind him at all first few rounds when he started

greenlig

We need a 10. That's the whole story. We have absolutely zero creativity or ability to move quickly through the middle and find a run. Without that, we have this conversation for the rest of the season.

turbo

We need a 10. That's the whole story. We have absolutely zero creativity or ability to move quickly through the middle and find a run. Without that, we have this conversation for the rest of the season.
Agree. Either change the instructions if they’re hurting that movement or bring Silvera or Oar in to the middle to try something different.

Timmah

Club statement on Silvera

The Central Coast Mariners can confirm that Sam Silvera has returned to the Central Coast from Los Angeles and resumed full training with the Mariners. Silvera was invited by LAFC to spend a week training with the MLS outfit, and the two clubs will continue to work together on Sam’s development and remain in communication regarding future opportunities for the player. In respect of the process and Silvera, neither club will be making further comment unless otherwise advised.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred