• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Wombat

Sign a player for free and get $400k six months later is pretty good business.

Not really. It’s like me winning a Mini Cooper in a raffle and selling it for $15,000 because I could do with the cash flow.
It’s actually really really bad business.

Ironbark

Yeah I was hoping an independent league meant better things for the first team (more investment as claimed by MC etc.) but apart from a better coach and keeper nothing has really changed.

As an aside our better keeper is on a one year deal and hasn't yet extended...

Reactions: Ads

FFC Mariner

Yeah I was hoping an independent league meant better things for the first team (more investment as claimed by MC etc.) but apart from a better coach and keeper nothing has really changed.

Because we have the same owner. Nothing changes until he goes

Ozhammer

Birraz was noted to be on the phone to his agent for a long time after the WU match, so I wonder what the content of that conversation was?

marinermick

Not really. It’s like me winning a Mini Cooper in a raffle and selling it for $15,000 because I could do with the cash flow.
It’s actually really really bad business.

You’re grossly overestimating the value of a kid that has had a handful of starts and has only looked threatening in a small percentage of them.

Insertnamehere

I don't think the league is actually independent just yet.

turbo

I don't think the league is actually independent just yet.
It's not, wont be formalised until the end of the foxtel deal so they arent given the prospect of an early exit via a loophole. But even if we're talking about the almost independent league that only got sorted out just before this season. If nothing changes next season then yeah they were just empty words.

Insertnamehere

It's not, wont be formalised until the end of the foxtel deal so they arent given the prospect of an early exit via a loophole. But even if we're talking about the almost independent league that only got sorted out just before this season. If nothing changes next season then yeah they were just empty words.
So HAL will either on the vine while the FFA save cash and the owners don't put their necks out

turbo

So HAL will either on the vine while the FFA save cash and the owners don't put their necks out
In this climate with foxtel aggressively cutting content putting your neck out will almost certainly result in losing it and abruptly losing 3 mil per club would end the league overnight. They need time to plan the next move. The way it was reported was basically the full legal separation had to wait but FFA were effectively rubber stamping anything put through. The clubs are in charge now but it didnt happen until close to the season which is why the lead up marketing was a bit of a shambles.

Michael

Ruiz-Diaz has signed a full time deal, great news. Hope it means more minutes for him.
There is room because Silvera really is leaving?

pjennings

Better to ask Shaun but my understanding is that iHAL is operational day to day but the financial and legal aspects are still very murky. Next season supposedly will have a new iHAL company running the league on behalf of the FFA under some sort of license agreement until the end of the Foxtel deal. If that is the case I would expect that that will be when the IP transfers to the clubs.

Tim

Apologies for the possible cynicism but while the Ruiz-Diaz signing is great news for CCM, I hope this is not being funded by the sale of SS to the LA club. If so, I am not confident that we can continue to replicate a 'business model" of attracting talent for half a season (or perhaps a bit longer for others) and then on-selling them to a bigger club in such a quick fashion. I appreciate that we have some history of developing and selling players to foreign clubs but how does that impact the culture and stability (other than financial) of the current playing staff, club and fan base?

What is our pitch for attracting players? Come to CCM and bleed for the coach and fans and enjoy the coastal lifestyle or, alternatively, take a seat in the transit lounge, score a few goals and await your ticket to something better.

I was so thrilled with win over MV last week not only for the 3 points and the enthralling finish but because we showed real determination and fight for the jersey and were led in the final 15 by a true mariner (in M Simon - who I confess to having been critical of earlier in the season). Fans want and need that connection with stable and loyal players (particularly young fans). I appreciate football is a business these days but the look on my young boys faces when they read that their new hero, SS, was on the first plane out of town to (potentially) greener pastures does, in my view, make it tough to build a long term fan base where we are viewed as nothing more than a stepping stone to something better rather than an attractive destination...

midfielder

Canberra, the Gong, Second Brisbane and any number of Melbourne clubs ready to step in and take our place...

Could not blame any player for leaving ...

Would love someone to buy MC out

pjennings

Canberra, the Gong, Second Brisbane and any number of Melbourne clubs ready to step in and take our place...

Could not blame any player for leaving ...

Would love someone to buy MC out
He said he would invest more when it made financial sense. Until financial control passes to iHAL I can't see that happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred