• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

FFC Mariner

Some players are not very bright and a lot are really badly advised. Given the shambles that was CCM last season any better offer (not hard) would seem very attractive.
Fox's experiences at Nix showed that Rudan favours very experienced CB's over young hopefuls - Aspro missed that signal.
At his age he needs to be playing. We would have almost guaranteed that for him and as Mick said, he would be close to Captain material.
I'd be chucking a lot of money at Wales if I was CCM, now that he has bulked up and been properly coached at City, he will be in demand by all the NSW clubs I'd suspect. Staj might just get him to the next level.
Also, Trent is free for next season isnt he? Another one who will be a bench player at SFC as they sign marquees

jacobsfl

Fox - don't live in Gosford anymore, didn't know what happened. Disappointing if that's the case.
Wales - Meh. Depends really. I'd favour Silvera but I'm not sure, is he still a wide-out?
Aspro - yeah, looked good for us. Shame really as he was someone I really wanted to retain.

Big Al

Some players are not very bright and a lot are really badly advised. Given the shambles that was CCM last season any better offer (not hard) would seem very attractive.
Fox's experiences at Nix showed that Rudan favours very experienced CB's over young hopefuls - Aspro missed that signal.
At his age he needs to be playing. We would have almost guaranteed that for him and as Mick said, he would be close to Captain material.
I'd be chucking a lot of money at Wales if I was CCM, now that he has bulked up and been properly coached at City, he will be in demand by all the NSW clubs I'd suspect. Staj might just get him to the next level.
Also, Trent is free for next season isnt he? Another one who will be a bench player at SFC as they sign marquees
Trent re signed with South Coast Mariners during last week

Wombat

Would have been nice to have Tommy H this year alongside Duric. Probably in the top 3 if Mike had invested wisely.

Ozhammer

Spoke to a ‘source’ last night and can confirm that some movement is likely in the January window, although I got the impression that departures would need to happen to allow for any new faces, so no new money by the looks of it.

Pirate Pete

Spoke to a ‘source’ last night and can confirm that some movement is likely in the January window, although I got the impression that departures would need to happen to allow for any new faces, so no new money by the looks of it.
Shaun did mention there could be some movement in January on the radio the other night.

Any mention of Fox last night?

turbo

Was told that Anton thinks he is too old
Yet our senior striker until we landed Jair will be 34 very soon. Weird.
I'd be quite happy to extend Duric's stay but if someone else is giving him an offer that we feel is above his market value or what we can afford to invest in him then he can be replaced with smart recruiting.
IMO the most important player to retain if we can is Birighitti, firstly because he's been great, secondly because it means we dont need to use a visa slot on a keeper. Beyond him then we look towards Kim, Duric and Oar if we're comfortable with their wages and any other competing offers. Nisbet would be good to lock in on a senior contract to avoid someone stealing him away.

I think I heard Ziggy was on a 1+1 deal so decent chance we'll see an extension there. Other than that there's a bunch of non core players off contract we can either extend or replace.

Insertnamehere

For me re-sign.
Birra
Djuric
Kim
Ziggy
Miller
Nizzy

Imo oar is expendable. He's ok as a winger but lacks penetration like pain had. So he's more a 10 and we have heaps of guys at 10, esp niz....
Wait and see on Jair.
Who knows about Roberts?

Forum Phoenix

Without a striker it doesnt matter who he had signed. Jair will make or break our season imho

Very hard to argue with this. Maybe if Mile and Wilko or equivalent were in our defence, we’d start getting clean sheets and have several more draw and a few more wins, but without a sharp end....

And now we’ll have to pay the price of players coming in late who don’t know each other and won’t be game fit.

Mind you Jair did well fitness wise for someone who hadn’t played yet I thought.

Last edited:

turbo

We need proper cover at LB and a quality experienced centre back
Word was we were looking at Strain which would likely mean Ziggy moving permanently in to CB if he extends. LB cover is critical though as you say, we can't be so dependent on Clisby being in form and fit.

Forum Phoenix

I think we have other problems to fix before Milan
We need proper cover at LB and a quality experienced centre back

Agree except we don’t need cover. We need a starting LB. Clisby’s going backwards as a player. Will never be good enough. Rose pulling shirts in his year too many was still better. Develop Hatch fast or we have to spend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred