• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

true believer

I think a big problem is our current inability to score, which puts more pressure on the defence. A couple or three early puts the pressure on the other mob, who then have to play catch-up. Playing catch-up often cracks you wide open.
Huge difference .at the drive bys if we put our chances away we lead 2 nil at half time .their silent and we take 3 pionts .
Its not only that we cant score its that we wont get 2 . If jair is of any quality it will show everywhere across the park .
Small steps

Tevor

It is refreshing to see us locking these young players in for a few years after we know they have potential, stark difference to the last 3 or 4 years. Keep up the good work CCM and now it actually looks like we do have a long term vision, not just talk about having one.

Tevor

Stoked with this, shows the initiative is still there with staj, hope it continues.
I believe Staj will be around for his entire contract unless something drastic happens. All the signs point to him looking at the next two seasons with this season being the turning point/clean out.

Forum Phoenix

Took him longer to realise the striking issues perhaps, but Kennedy, Melling, Weemac, Simon, and maybe should add Muzz and Majok... he’s zeroing in on whoever is ineffective and or a problem. As long as Clisby is on the must have better list as well, then we’re only going to get better.

turbo

and maybe should add Muzz and Majok... he’s zeroing in on whoever is ineffective and or a problem. As long as Clisby is on the must have better list as well, then we’re only going to get better.
I don't think Muzz and Majok are big issues and arent likely to be on big coin. At most they are blocking another youth player getting a shot within the squad but they are hardly fossils themselves and we arent at the cap or squad limit. Even Melling was a serviceable enough squad player for us last year.

Kennedy & Simon were the senior players in their position and needed to do more on that alone plus the burden of whatever they cost. Mclginchey has both those factors and takes a visa spot which is questionable at best. I see us potentially being in the market for a visa keeper if we cant lock Birraghitti in which would use the one weemac occupies. But the league may also increase the visa limits in the off season.

I'd say we're pretty close to having cut the dead wood or at least the most problematic bits of it. Clisby is under contract for next year so hopefully we can work on tightening up that side and ensuring we have another viable option ready for the left regardless of whether its succession or injury planning. Shabow should come under the microscope if we're not seeing fit to play him. I'd like to see an understudy in the AM play maker role, we have some DM depth but lack that spark to push forward on the bench.

jacobsfl

Can we take a moment to reflect on how blessed we are to have a player like Kim?

He's the player we didn't get out of Brama. If only we had Hiareaj still here, and not fkin Gallfiuoco.

Awesome to see Gianni getting an extension. I just feel he's playing to far forward at this point;; I want him dropping back

scottmac

Suspended
Can we take a moment to reflect on how blessed we are to have a player like Kim?

He's the player we didn't get out of Brama. If only we had Hiareaj still here, and not fkin Gallfiuoco.

Awesome to see Gianni getting an extension. I just feel he's playing to far forward at this point;; I want him dropping back
Yeah I'd rather have GG and God. Take mcglinchy.

turbo

Carlo Armiento released by Adelaide. We were interested in him previously according to Twitter so might be on the radar as a mid season pickup. City and Victory supposedly keen.

ashman89

City already have enough attacking talent on the books so I’d be surprised if Armiento goes there. Victory most likely even if kamsoba goes to Maccarthur or not.
If the bloke was frozen out of the reds preseason up until season start that’s a red flag in my book.

I hope tommy doesn’t give up Terrigal for Campbelltown :(

scottmac

Suspended
Whenever an article says "the world game understands that........" pretty much means that they heard something from someone that overheard an echo in the change rooms of the ground next door to where "someone important" once played football

Wombat

Are we in a better position than this time last year? Simple question because in my books any reasonable improvement on last season is a step forward in the re-build of the club irrespective of our position on the ladder. Two wins in seven games is a vast improvement on last season. Thoughts?

Further, there have been some comments re Staj “losing the dressing room” on a few of these posts. Is this based on anything substantive or merely an inference that this could or would happen if the team loses a few games in a row?

Just Hot Air merchants blowing off steam from what i have seen.

Edit....Capt was man enough to put his hand up for this rumour. Nothing wrong with that this Forum is for speculation as well as fact.

Last edited:

Ironbark

I'm not worried about Staj keeping the dressing room or his ability.
It's clear that we've stepped up three notches but the league has stepped up two, meaning it hasn't helped us that much.

All forward steps are good.

My concern is thus: if we can jag a few wins and stay up the ladder a little (ending really anywhere from 6th-8th would do) then it builds momentum for next season. Especially in terms of retaining and attracting quality players. It keeps the fans invested and in side too.

If we spoon again - even tenth might be a push - then we'll be up against it in terms of momentum for a rebuild particularly with greater competition for players due a twelfth team coming in. Fans will struggle too.

Small difference in success but potentially a bigger difference in how long it takes us to recover. At this stage in the season spooning doesn't look impossible, but still hopeful for better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred