• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

turbo

That's not to say they wouldn't be willing to cut him loose if they would rather use the funds elsewhere or feel they have a youth talent they want to develop for that spot it's just not something I'd be counting on. But perhaps Vujica (also a year left to run) might be more likely to become available. He hasnt played a minute and now looks to have dropped off the bench for a few weeks.

An old link but some quotes have aged like milk: https://www.a-league.com.au/news/signing-news-vujica-joins-western-united
The talented fullback – who has represented Australia and Croatia at youth level – played 48 times for the Jets but left in search of guaranteed game time.
“Ivan is an integral element for our defence,” Rudan said of his latest signing

Tim

I find the “Milan is too old” line a bit difficult to stomach. Perhaps he’s more prone to injury than anticipated by the club but the age reasoning is ridiculous. Anton was around when we signed him and he’s only be a few months older now....

Maybe he’s in demand and we, simply, can’t compete? Such a shame if we lose him after losing Tommy H last season...

midfielder

That Clisby makes the odd mistake will insure his is attacked many times during a match. Further we have conceded many times down his side adds more pressure for other teams to attack him...

This creates two different mind sets, first in the attacking team plays with confidence that they can get around him... us as defenders feel we need to cover for him often leaving gaps for other players...

Defence is cruel, make one or two mistakes per game and you are a burden, a striker does one or two things right and they are a hero...

His passing, and defence make him a difficult choice ... but if we put someone worst at left back we are cutting our own throat...

Josho Howe

How can anyone say Milan is too old at 32? A prime footballers years are (imo) 27-32. He's got at least 3-4 years left in his career. Baffling.

finally retired

His passing, and defence make him a difficult choice ... but if we put someone worst at left back we are cutting our own throat...

it is fairly obvious Staj doesn't believe we have anyone better....otherwise I'm positive he'd have them playing, more's the pity. we can pray there is an option in the January window.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

it is fairly obvious Staj doesn't believe we have anyone better....otherwise I'm positive he'd have them playing, more's the pity. we can pray there is an option in the January window.

It's a shame that we do have somebody better.
But, we've been over this. We'd all love to know why Staj has thrown the team's best left back in the trash.

FFC Mariner

The same Staj who though Simon was the striker we needed? He is reluctant to change and seems to stick with whats already there. Hatch is at least as good a player as Lewis Miller and isnt Clisby.

Ozhammer

The same Staj who though Simon was the striker we needed? He is reluctant to change and seems to stick with whats already there. Hatch is at least as good a player as Lewis Miller and isnt Clisby.
I know it’s dangerous to judge in isolation but Hatch had a very ordinary game against the Jest Youth on Tuesday and Staj was there, so he would have seen it for himself.

I am pretty confident that Oar simply comes back in to replace Clisby at LWB this weekend, assuming he has recovered sufficiently.

I also spoke to SS at that game and he was hopeful of being back in training by the back end of this week, so fingers crossed there.

Michael

If Anton thinks Milan, at 32, is too old. A bloke who is a consensus one of the signings of the season (the opinion of fans of other clubs not just us) then I heavily question his football brain and I worry about things going forward.
If you’re a decision maker at the club and can’t see the most obvious thing to do right now is adding at least 2 years to Milan’s contract, please don’t be a decision maker.

Reactions: adz

shipwreck

If Anton thinks Milan, at 32, is too old. A bloke who is a consensus one of the signings of the season (the opinion of fans of other clubs not just us) then I heavily question his football brain and I worry about things going forward.
If you’re a decision maker at the club and can’t see the most obvious thing to do right now is adding at least 2 years to Milan’s contract, please don’t be a decision maker.
This.
Not unlike the Hiariej decision....

Reactions: adz

bikinigirl

This.
Not unlike the Hiariej decision....

. i think the scenarios are quite similar:
  • niggling, perhaps persistent injuries rather than the implied 'injury prone'
  • older ... though not exactly old
  • relatively expensive ... in Mariners dollars
  • talent, fan favourite - puts upward pressure on contract negotiations ... not the Mariners way, is it
. maybe it is expectation management, maybe it is a negotiation tactic ... either way, it's not endearing to the fanbase

bikinigirl

They want cheap kids they believe they can sell for a profit.

. well, yeah

... but they continue to go through the process of finding foreign 'gems' only to watch them leave year-after-year. it's no good for the club and it's no good for making those kids marketable ... i think in the jingoistic catch-phrases our owner and management would be familiar, it is a 'lose-lose'

Josho Howe

A great example of correct overseas scouting is Ninkovic. Serb international, great career at Dynamo Kyiv, comes over here and dominates. He's not as good now as when he first got here, but at the end of his deal, will have spent 6 years at the bling.

I get the financial situation is in completely different stratospheres, but we should be aiming to bring above average foreigners over here who are willing to stay here not just for 2 years, but 3 and 4. I believe Tommy H wanted to stay but was told he wasn't needed. Imagine him and Djuric in midfield this season? Would have been close to the best pivot in the league.

Money is always the concern at this club and it's tiring. We need to be competing and a lacklustre budget produces predictable results.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred