• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners in contract crisis

skilbeck

DJ said:
skilbeck said:
dibo said:
skilbeck said:
dibo said:
DJ said:
Joel Griffiths going o/s is not definite, they are looking at maybe making him their marquee?

GVE will pick someone up, everyone wrote them off last year and they won so I'll wait and see what squad they assemble and with a good coach (which GVE is IMO) anything could happen.

Based on their current situation though you have to say it's not looking too bright

to turn it on its head - think how much cap space they've opened up! they could lay out some serious bickies in the chase for returning socceroos in particular.

But Con doesnt want to pay anyone any money and thats how they got into this mess in the first place. This has to count against them

sure, but if they've wiped 600k* off their wages bill, then got that to spend all the same - and it's 700k i think because IIRC the cap's rising by 100k per year. all they're missing out on is what they were missing out on anyway - the 450k (up to 475k i think) that can come from service agreements. they also don't appear to be using the coaching clauses like we are with clarky and more infamously, like melbourne are with the maltese f**kwad.

all trivia aside - 700k is a wad of cash to wave at players, even before they talk about marquees.

if con was suddenly struck by acute commonsense he'd be pulling sponsors in and using service agreements to spend 1.175m before marquees - they could build an awesome (by a-league standards) team for that.

*600k and all further numbers based on that amount have been pulled from my arse - who knows what the cleared cap amount is worth.

I just dont get the feeling that Con is willing to pay the cap to entire squad minus the marquee. If he did, there would be no problem in the first place.

It's not so much that from what I've heard it's the fact that Con won't use the extra funds outside of the cap which is available

He paid Lardel $400k LOL

Whatever the deal is with Con, he is an idiot, he has let a championship winning side fall apart. Most other club bosses would try and field the same side minus 2 or 3 replacements the following season. whats his reason to not using the funds outside the cap?

dibo

let's just say i don't think that con has the club's or the players' interests 100% in mind when he considers what he's willing to pull his wallet out for.

he strikes me as the ultimate australian football despot whose club and staff have built up a winning team in spite of rather than thanks to his involvement, and then in yet another dose of the wacky con magic we've come to know and love he's destroying it, brick by brick.

it reminds me of the NSL - they've got the occasional good day in spite of the fact that it's generally a complete clusterf**k and you'd be amazed if it survives let alone thrives... they've got a championship, but i reckon that they're probably down there competing with perth as the club most likely to go out arse first.

skilbeck

id say dibo that he has the club and players interests 0% in his mind, but with how he is running the scum, id say that whatever money he is investing is eventually going to turn out to be a waste and therefore a bad investment for himself. if he isnt 100% committed to the club, the players and its success he may as well quit while he is ahead at least for the good of the jets and football in Australia. thank god i dont support a club like this

Jesus

Jesus
The thing i dont get is that he says if the servicde agreement wasnt there, and the cap was bigger, he would use the full cap.

Service agreement is basically there, was put there, to help teams like melb and sydney who cant pay more officially, but would be more likely to get the sponsors to put in for the service agreements.

That is a good reason to be against them, but if you have the chance to use them, why let other teams get the upper hand?

I think he wants all the money to be from his own pocket, that way he does not have to put up with anyone else in the decision making process.

dibo

Jesus said:
The thing i dont get is that he says if the servicde agreement wasnt there, and the cap was bigger, he would use the full cap.

Service agreement is basically there, was put there, to help teams like melb and sydney who cant pay more officially, but would be more likely to get the sponsors to put in for the service agreements.

That is a good reason to be against them, but if you have the chance to use them, why let other teams get the upper hand?

I think he wants all the money to be from his own pocket, that way he does not have to put up with anyone else in the decision making process.

it's also designed to ensure that clubs have outside money coming in - i.e. that sponsors contribute something to the incomes of a club and that the club can't be run as a personal fiefdom like NSL clubs so often were. unfortunately it is this very thing that con apparently has an issue with, and he's perfectly happy to force his players and staff to fight with one arm behind their backs simply to spite the FFA.

EDIT - were it not for the fact that the jets won the toilet seat, I reckon the FFA would be running a PR campaign in the papers against con much as they did in the break between 05/6 and 06/7 - citing numerous breaches of licence agreements, expressing public concern about the administration of the club etc.

midfielder

dibo said:
Jesus said:

it's also designed to ensure that clubs have outside money coming in - i.e. that sponsors contribute something to the incomes of a club and that the club can't be run as a personal fiefdom like NSL clubs so often were. unfortunately it is this very thing that con apparently has an issue with, and he's perfectly happy to force his players and staff to fight with one arm behind their backs simply to spite the FFA.

EDIT - were it not for the fact that the jets won the toilet seat, I reckon the FFA would be running a PR campaign in the papers against con much as they did in the break between 05/6 and 06/7 - citing numerous breaches of licence agreements, expressing public concern about the administration of the club etc.

In the MV forum they believe Con will not be able to keep Jade North as a lot of good judges gave him top marks in the China match and prehaps Europe will come knocking............. and why would you stay.

fedelta

Jade: 'It's Time To Quit Jets'

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/72808,jade-its-time-to-quit-jets.aspx

FFC Mariner

I believe that the only reason the HAL have backed off on trying to get Con out is the current "love in" with GVE.

He is far too good a coach for them and when he goes, the knives will be back out.

P

Pete

Greenpoleffc said:
I believe that the only reason the HAL have backed off on trying to get Con out is the current "love in" with GVE.

He is far too good a coach for them and when he goes, the knives will be back out.

Agreed. GVE is definitely a better coach than what Con deserves. And Newcastle deserves better than Con and his old 'regime' style management too.

I'd go as far to say that if Lawrie was to pull stumps on his gig as manager with the Mariners, and we needed another coach, then GVE would be a prime candidate.

Bear

GVE would be a fantastic coach with the MV. They would be unstopable with him there

Jesus

Jesus
that wuld be great news for mine. No doubt we offered less than he was on. But probably more than other offers i would guess

Omni

dibo said:
Jesus said:

Adelaide have a similar attitude with injury replacements, for whatever reason they prefer to stick with the squad as much as possible, it's odd, had they have used it it might have been CCM V AUFC in the Grand Final.

As for Con, ask Mike Cockerill he wrote an article in the SMH praising the man a while ago. Obviously never looked into his dealings or met the guy!

finally retired

posted on 4-4-2.......Van Egmond to leave the Jets?

Following several disputes with Con Constantine over club management which has ultimately led to an exodus of players from the Newcastle club, GVE has decided that he may well follow the same fate. There aren't too many coaching jobs opening up in this off season, but GVE has reportadly decided to "quit while he is ahead" and wait for a new job to come along

This article has been provided by:
DisputedZones of Lake Macquarie

FourFourTwo Belief Factor: 2/10 - You couldn't blame him if he did, but we think he'll stick it out (PS - hiya Skilbeck, HIYA.)  is this OUR Skillbeck ?  (there can only be ONE Skillbeck !)  :piralaugh:

skilbeck

it sure is lol. im famous :p :p :p . seriously was just posting a possible scenario that could unfold over the next 12 months as a rumour and although the scummers are in denial about it. im sure most of the ones that have any remote idea about the operation of the club (im sure that is very few) would have at least considered this to be a plausible scenario

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred