• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners in contract crisis

CCM-JAM80

"Storm in a tea cup" I think you will find.

We have other priorities at the moment, the club and our players know this hence - contract negotiations aren't a priority at the minute. Once we have won the Grand Final and had our "mad monday", it will be business as usual.

dru

CCM-JAM80 said:
had our "mad monday", it will be business as usual.

I hope that the members only event DJ was talking about.

Mad Monday shouldn't just be about the players  ;)

S

soccersensei

bikinigirl said:
. oh no contract crisis! panic stations everyone!

. fancy having players unsigned for next season when this one hasn't even finished - unheard of!

. a winning team in a competition with a salary cap - can't imagine why they would want to stick together for another season or so

:goodpost:

Perfectly put  :thumbup:

jaypee

Of course most of this has already been sorted and the club would be looking for the ideal time (after the season) to announce.

Also for someone like viddy and Browny etc who are more than likely on their way out I can think of no better time to announce then after GF

Newieutd

promdi442 said:
My choices would be

Sasa Ognenovski. He brings not only Mongrel at the back which is sadly lacking but he also brings power in the opposition penalty area and his 50 meter diagonal passes to Kruse are outstanding.

Missed that boat, signed with Adelaide

Penrith9103

If Lawrie is not worried about the off contract players, then neither am I.
I have full faith in Lawire and the recruitment team.
They have not let us down so far have they ????

Bring on the Finals !!!!

skilbeck

Lawrie and the Mariners management are really good at keeping things under wraps and releasing this sort of information when they want and we know they like to do this work as quickly and as early as possible. So as far as we know they couldve already signed next years squad and will release it when they see they need to therefore there is no need for concern. If however we get to July and no one has re-signed then id be starting to get worried.

FFC Mariner

Bertos released by Perth (as was Colossimo).

Probably going to Nix but would love to see him here. With better players around him and a properly run club, he could be brilliant.

brett

Greenpoleffc said:
Bertos released by Perth (as was Colossimo).

Probably going to Nix but would love to see him here. With better players around him and a properly run club, he could be brilliant.

Yeah and we don't have any genuine 'get to the byline and whip it the fark in' wingers. Wouldn't mind seeing him here at all. Could be a good pickup for Wellington though.

dibo

rumour that Colosimo is going to be in Sydney a little earlier than first planned...

http://www21.sbs.com.au/wgforum/viewtopic.php?t=106670

Andy

Has Colosimo's contract actually been terminated.

I thought it was just that they had stopped negotiations for a new one.

dibo

Colosimo, Bertos Freed By Glory

PERTH Glory have released captain Simon Colosimo and midfielder Leo Bertos after ceasing contract negotiations today, sparking speculation the ex-skipper may now join Sydney.
The decision was made following lengthy discussions between Glory Coach Dave Mitchell and the players agent in Sydney today.

It is believed that Bertos will return home to Wellington, New Zealand, where he is expected to join Phoenix while Colosimos immediate playing future is unknown.

However he has been widely tipped to be a target for Sydney for next season.

With Sydney's loan danger Michael Bridges now gone, it's possible the Sky Blues may move to sign Colosimo on a temporary contract to cover for the injured Michael Enfield for the finals before making the move permanent next season.

Sydney also have room to sign Colosimo under the salary cap following the departure of Mark Rudan to Japan.

Mitchell said while he is disappointed to see two talented players leave Perth he is confident of finding more than adequate replacements for the pair.

Simon and Leo have served the club well and on behalf of Perth Glory Id like to wish them, and their families, all the best for the future, Mitchell said.

It is certainly their prerogative to look around, as they were out of contract, and both leave the club on good terms.

It simply means that we will be able to bring in new and passionate players that want to be at the club and were well down the path of securing the services of quality personnel, said Mitchell.

Colosimo played 50 Hyundai A-League games for Perth and 64 in total after playing the 2003/04 National Soccer League season with the club where he won a Championship medal.

Bertos joined Perth in 2006 and played 35 matches in two seasons.

Mitchell has spent this week meeting with agents in Australia while also talking with talent scouts around the globe who have identified players who fit the mould for a new look Perth Glory.

I have been in contact with a lot of people that I know in the game and there are things in motion already but itll be a bit of a waiting game now to finalise things contractually.

We have to make sure that people who come to Perth are winners and have the right mental attitude and strength wholl fight hard to take this club to the top again, he said

rosko

Every club is in contract crisis... This is a young league, so there are numerous players finishing contracts all over the place.. Until the new clubs come in, contracts start to stagger etc, all the clubs will have the same problem. Over the next couple of years it will all settle down, then it will only come down to losing players that we dont really want to...

Central Coast Mariners

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON THREE:
#2) Matt Simon
#4) Ian McAndrew
#5) Brad Porter
#6) Andre Gumprecht
#9) Nik Mrdja
#10) Tom Pondeljak
#11) Damien Brown dont sign
#13) Tony Vidmar
#15) Andrew Clark
#17) Matthew Osman
#20) Danny Vukovic (GK)
#23) Mile Jedinak (new contract on offer - expected to sign)
#25) John Aloisi
#26) Alvin Ceccoli dont sign heff coming back
#30) Andrew Redmayne (GK) dont sign

Timmyv

thomas477 said:
Jets will keep:
Covic
Musialik
Denni
Elrich
D'Apuzzo
Kennedy