• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners in contract crisis

dibo

almost retired said:
and we think we have contract problems......the Jets have plenty with Durante, Bridge, Musialik already gone and now Jade North looking to go....(Jade: 'It's Time To Quit Jets' . http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/72808,jade-its-time-to-quit-jets.aspx)......it's great to see the so called Grand Final winners self destructing like this.

nothing so-called about it, they won the grand final. still, their list is looking shaky:

Ante Čović (Vice-Captain)
Adam Griffiths
Jade North (Captain)
Steve Eagleton
Stuart Musialik
Andrew Durante
Jorge Drovandi
Matt Thompson
Joel Griffiths
Denni
Tarek Elrich
Paul Kohler
Adam D'Apuzzo
Jobe Wheelhouse
Scott Tunbridge
Craig Deans
Troy Hearfield
Noel Spencer
Mark Bridge
Ben Kennedy
Mrio Jardel
Ben McNamara
Jason Hoffman
James Holland
Ben Kantarovski
Stephen Laybutt
Song Jin-Hyung

skilbeck

You might add Joel to the list because he wants to go back overseas to get socceroos selection. now wouldnt that be a shame for the scum

Deej

Joel Griffiths going o/s is not definite, they are looking at maybe making him their marquee?

GVE will pick someone up, everyone wrote them off last year and they won so I'll wait and see what squad they assemble and with a good coach (which GVE is IMO) anything could happen.

Based on their current situation though you have to say it's not looking too bright

dibo

DJ said:
Joel Griffiths going o/s is not definite, they are looking at maybe making him their marquee?

GVE will pick someone up, everyone wrote them off last year and they won so I'll wait and see what squad they assemble and with a good coach (which GVE is IMO) anything could happen.

Based on their current situation though you have to say it's not looking too bright

to turn it on its head - think how much cap space they've opened up! they could lay out some serious bickies in the chase for returning socceroos in particular.

dibo

if he comes back from his knee injury well then we'll have a very good right back/right mid available. it took hutch more than a year to come back well though, so we'll see. if he's flying by the time preseason comes then we should see a good year out of him.

skilbeck

dibo said:
DJ said:

to turn it on its head - think how much cap space they've opened up! they could lay out some serious bickies in the chase for returning socceroos in particular.

But Con doesnt want to pay anyone any money and thats how they got into this mess in the first place. This has to count against them

Don

Matt should come back strong his having alot of work done on his knee,apparently,being very postive
news from his Dr,think his got more heart than most people think. 8)

dibo

skilbeck said:
dibo said:
DJ said:

But Con doesnt want to pay anyone any money and thats how they got into this mess in the first place. This has to count against them

sure, but if they've wiped 600k* off their wages bill, then got that to spend all the same - and it's 700k i think because IIRC the cap's rising by 100k per year. all they're missing out on is what they were missing out on anyway - the 450k (up to 475k i think) that can come from service agreements. they also don't appear to be using the coaching clauses like we are with clarky and more infamously, like melbourne are with the maltese f**kwad.

all trivia aside - 700k is a wad of cash to wave at players, even before they talk about marquees.

if con was suddenly struck by acute commonsense he'd be pulling sponsors in and using service agreements to spend 1.175m before marquees - they could build an awesome (by a-league standards) team for that.

*600k and all further numbers based on that amount have been pulled from my arse - who knows what the cleared cap amount is worth.

DONNA said:
Matt should come back strong his having alot of work done on his knee,apparently,being very postive
news from his Dr,think his got more heart than most people think. 8)

i've no doubt matt's got heart - he took to the right back position in a time of depletion through injuries and uncertainty and made it his own a we topped the league. then the poor bastard f**ked himself up properly, can only hope he has a stormer of a year this year.

Don

i wish they would hurry up and lets us all know who is being signed.
majority of players have all had meetings and know if they are signed or not. ???

skilbeck

The club knows who they are keeping and who they are shafting i think. IMO Gumps is probably the only one where it might be a bit cloudy I think, though I still dont think he will stay with us

skilbeck

dibo said:
skilbeck said:
dibo said:
DJ said:

sure, but if they've wiped 600k* off their wages bill, then got that to spend all the same - and it's 700k i think because IIRC the cap's rising by 100k per year. all they're missing out on is what they were missing out on anyway - the 450k (up to 475k i think) that can come from service agreements. they also don't appear to be using the coaching clauses like we are with clarky and more infamously, like melbourne are with the maltese f**kwad.

all trivia aside - 700k is a wad of cash to wave at players, even before they talk about marquees.

if con was suddenly struck by acute commonsense he'd be pulling sponsors in and using service agreements to spend 1.175m before marquees - they could build an awesome (by a-league standards) team for that.

*600k and all further numbers based on that amount have been pulled from my arse - who knows what the cleared cap amount is worth.

I just dont get the feeling that Con is willing to pay the cap to entire squad minus the marquee. If he did, there would be no problem in the first place.

Deej

skilbeck said:
The club knows who they are keeping and who they are shafting i think. IMO Gumps is probably the only one where it might be a bit cloudy I think, though I still dont think he will stay with us

Na Gumps is gone...........the question mark is over Mrdja

Deej

skilbeck said:
dibo said:
skilbeck said:
dibo said:
DJ said:

I just dont get the feeling that Con is willing to pay the cap to entire squad minus the marquee. If he did, there would be no problem in the first place.

It's not so much that from what I've heard it's the fact that Con won't use the extra funds outside of the cap which is available

He paid Lardel $400k LOL

dibo

DJ said:
skilbeck said:

lightning are playing from saturday, and no mention as yet of mrdja playing for them so my guess would be that it's tata for him.

marcus steele (new lightning club captain) was in the city 18s when i was playing 16s there, i think they went on to play champions of champions, not sure how they did though.

Deej

dibo said:
DJ said:
skilbeck said:

lightning are playing from saturday, and no mention as yet of mrdja playing for them so my guess would be that it's tata for him.

marcus steele (new lightning club captain) was in the city 18s when i was playing 16s there, i think they went on to play champions of champions, not sure how they did though.

Nik is still not fit and probably won't play for Lightning at all...............it's not goodbye yet though

dibo

DJ said:
dibo said:
DJ said:
skilbeck said:

Nik is still not fit and probably won't play for Lightning at all...............it's not goodbye yet though

seriously, it's getting beyond a joke. he's looking like you'd only want him on mori-style deals where he comes in to play on the weekends and then goes in cotton wool somewhere the rest of the time...

there comes a time when the club (and by extension the fans as well) has to rule a line under the whole saga and say 'that was that, let's move on.' it can't just drag on and on like this. i gather he'd be contracted to 30 june like everyone else, but without some solid evidence before then that he's going to play a full season i really don't know why we'd bother with a new deal. if someone else is willing to take the chance then good luck to them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred