• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners FFA Cup Thread

Rowdy

JP posted a video that I found interesting of Rudan doing a presser with his new Polish GK, where he touched on Wellington's upcoming FFA Cup game.

https://www.ccmfans.net/community/t...t-worthy-of-a-thread.5913/page-24#post-256154

For those that cbf'd watching ....

Interesting to me that Rudan made it 'quite clear' that he doesn't give a fcuk what people/media think of the players/team that he will be selecting to start for the game against Bentleigh Greens in the FFA Cup.

"The A-League is the main prize" that he is focusing on.

..... so CCM are NOT the only club who are taking this line of thinking & other HAL Clubs most likely are as well.

I have an inkling that this will be the year that a lot of the NPL Clubs will get through to the later rounds of the FFA Cup

....... & then I expect :rolleyes: the subsequent 'chest beating' from them (NPL)& the media (Bosnich) about Promotion & Relegation, and how clubs like CCM & Nix 'don't deserve' to be in the A-League etc. etc.

- we just need to remember this interview as part evidence as to why a lot of the A-League clubs so- called 'bombed out' when/if it occurs. :cool:

Rowdy

FMD !!
.... from that video's soundtrack, you'd think the guy was a fcuking Deceptacon Transformer.

Rowdy

But seriously,
- he's quick
- looks to have nice feet
- pushes on to join the attack
- & not afraid of shooting & scoring from outside the 18 (which is something I've been longing for at CCM)

Been at the same Bundesliga2 club for the last 9 years/300 games, with 1 season in Bundesliga1 ...so must of been valued.

Revolving Deutsch Door :
- looks a handy replacement for their outgoing German Daniel Adlung, who came from a similar standing Bundesliga2 Club in 1860 Munich.

....... just on 10 days to Kick- Off :oops:

Offsider

I know. But if we win the first game it might give some hope.
If we lose, then to those on the fence, it's just going to be "more of the same".
This is a really important game.

Hello !!! .......... Hello !!!

No it’s not Capt. Not for ccm anyway .......... nor pheonix.
It appears it is even too early to be taking preseason seriously with a player still on extended leave and ........................ ahhhh shoot !!! the casks empty ????:(:(

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Phoenix ?we play Adelaide.
I'd argue that the fans need some indication that something will change. Another poor display will hurt our opening round attendances and memberships.

Offsider

Phoenix ?we play Adelaide.
I'd argue that the fans need some indication that something will change. Another poor display will hurt our opening round attendances and memberships.

Sheesh !! .......... I was referring to the pheonix video of Rudan declaring he couldn’t give a rat’s arse about the ffa cup and with the ccm squad only having enough fit players to have probably four or five on the bench you can throw them in that place with them........... eh ???? Capt Gus.
Adelaide have been known to take the ffa cup seriously and they have been in pre season for a few weeks already.
The game does have some interest. How shabow and kerkeris go, is there a millar or not, and very interested if McGing has gone to the next level. Who mm decides on set piece duties will be rivetting and worth watching for that alone :popcorn:.

Gratis

I'm not sure it's necessarily such a big deal. There is more than one way to skin a cat, and pre-season games are but one tool. It is commonly believed the more games the merrier in terms of preparation...but are they really?

Mulvey knows what he is doing and I'm sure they're having mini- and in-house games amongst whatever training regime is being implemented. MMM may be of the opinion that friendlies are a tool for using much later in the pre-season. I'm guessing, clearly, but I strongly doubt that teams can't be properly prepared without pre-season friendlies

We will just have to wait and see. But based on (our assumed) match fitness levels and lack of squad depth/quality I don't feel optimistic of a win

Offsider

I'm not sure it's necessarily such a big deal. There is more than one way to skin a cat, and pre-season games are but one tool. It is commonly believed the more games the merrier in terms of preparation...but are they really?

Mulvey knows what he is doing and I'm sure they're having mini- and in-house games amongst whatever training regime is being implemented. MMM may be of the opinion that friendlies are a tool for using much later in the pre-season. I'm guessing, clearly, but I strongly doubt that teams can't be properly prepared without pre-season friendlies

We will just have to wait and see. But based on (our assumed) match fitness levels and lack of squad depth/quality I don't feel optimistic of a win

Wow !!! ............. ( but before I let loose the powers of deduction and assumption .......... as opposed to consumption .............. first a word from my intestinal fortitude and keyboard warrior sponsor ............... aldi cask wine.......... :vomit:)

Chelsea come to perth, jets to china and spain, just the two latest that come to mind without bothering to look further ............ pre season games are a big f**king deal in preseason prep. Trying to put up a poor excuse that even you don’t believe going by the rest of your post.

I don’t know who told you that load of bull shit but there is only one way to skin a cat. There is more than one way to get a result .......... but only one way to take the skin off a cat. Skin on ...... skin off.:doh::doh:

If you watch the start of a season you will notice it takes a few weeks for the teams to find their rythymn. Preseason games reduces that time frame with most problems sorted before season starts ....... :doh::doh:

Your guess that mm will look to games later in the preseason is probably keeping with his cashless preparation and late signing program that also saves money if the visa players don’t draw wages until they start training.

I share your sentiments about the adelaide game .......... under prepared and no real competition for most team spots............. hope no further injuries.:(

Gratis

I don't buy that preseason games are the only way to prepare a team and that not having a couple under the belt months out before the season starts - when your team isn't yet assembled - is the end of your campaign.
I stated clearly when I was guessing in my post, and your entire reply appears based on assumptions. How's the weather up there on your high horse?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred