• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners FFA Cup Thread

pinklady

4 NPL boys to be announced in the squad to travel to Adelaide. Congrats to all of them and hopefully they are able to play against Mount Druitt on Saturday.

localpom

4 NPL boys to be announced in the squad to travel to Adelaide. Congrats to all of them and hopefully they are able to play against Mount Druitt on Saturday.
That's great for them. Out of necessity i guess as we barely have a fit squad to pick from. Hope they go well, at least they are in season and will be fitter than anyone else.

Offsider

. i am going to timidly (stupidly) offer another view

. of course Charlesworth will see the silver lining in not winning but i honestly don't think he would want to lose any more than M&M ... or us

. being hungry and competitive will be a massive improvement over how we finished last season and maybe the unknown can serve as a weapon against an Adelaide team which was fit and well drilled last season. i am intrigued to see how we go and hope to see positives signs in our performance regardless of the result

:vomit:

Big Al

With some key players unavailable due to injury, Mike Mulvey has called upon young talent from the Mariners academy for the club’s 2018 FFA Cup Round of 32 fixture against Adelaide.

Mulvey has named Lewis Miller (17), Josh Nisbet (19), Charles M'Mombwa (William) (20) and Alec Vinci (18) in the Mariners’ provisional squad of players who are eligible to take part in Wednesday night’s match.

Aspropotamitis and Tom Hiariej continue their road to recovery, Corey Gameiro and Mario Shabow join the injury list with minor ham-string complaints along with Andrew Hoole who injured his foot last week at training. Joe Gauci is also ineligible to take part as he featured for West Torrens Birkalla in the 2018 FFA Cup before joining the Mariners.

pjennings

Very light on. Given Deej's observations it looks like possibly something like

Kennedy
McGing Cisse Rowles
Berry McGlinchey Melling Clisby
Kekeris Pain
Simon
with the Academy boys to provide fresh legs

Big Al

Kennedy
McGing Cisse Rowles
Kekeris Pain
Simon
Provisional squad only has 16 so
Bench
Pearce, Vinci, Nisbit, Millar and William. (All 4 academy)

Would Mike mix it up and play one or two?

FFC Mariner

I'd like to see Williams up against AL players, he has a bit about him but you cant tell at NPL2 level.

Nisbit is a lovely passer of the ball and is a very good footballer, I fear he may not be able to mix it physically at AL level. Pearce..........well, we know what we are getting there. Not picking Glassock is just crazy. Easily their best player

JoyfulPenguin

Kennedy
McGing Cisse Rowles
Kekeris Pain
Simon
I would say it will be
Kennedy​
McGing Cisse Rowles Clisby
Melling Berry
McGlinchey
Kekeris Simon Pain
Bench: Pearce, Miller, Nisbet, William, Vinci

Big Al

I'd like to see Williams up against AL players, he has a bit about him but you cant tell at NPL2 level.

Nisbit is a lovely passer of the ball and is a very good footballer, I fear he may not be able to mix it physically at AL level. Pearce..........well, we know what we are getting there. Not picking Glassock is just crazy. Easily their best player
Vinci over Glassock a left right thing or just they value him more you think. Glassock is a name i have heard mentioned before

Spacks

Central Coast Mariners FFA Cup Squad: Adam BERRY, Kalifa CISSE, Jack CLISBY, Ben KENNEDY, Peter KEKERIS, Jake McGING, Michael McGLINCHEY, Jacob MELLING, Lewis MILLER (academy), Joshua NISBET (academy), Connor PAIN, Adam PEARCE, Kye ROWLES, Matt SIMON, Charles (William) M’MOMBWA (academy), Alec VINCI (academy)

Unavailable: Antony GOLEC (returning from injury), Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS (returning from injury), Corey GAMEIRO (hamstring injury), Andrew HOOLE (foot injury), Tom HIARIEJ (groin injury), Joe GAUCI (FFA cup tied), Mario SHABOW (hamstring injury)

Ozhammer

Whilst I am as frustrated as many others on here about the lack of trial games, we also need to bear in mind that in addition to NM and MMM building the team tactically and instilling the necessary attitude, we also allegedly now have a first-rate strength and conditioning coach, so he should surely know how to prepare the available players for tomorrow night’s game?

Forum Phoenix

With 5 players to come in and 6 out with injury, I think lack of pre season games is making a deal more sense now. Mulvey's not doing it easy that's for sure.

midfielder

One of my boys is going back to Europe for a few weeks and we are having a send off for him the same night ... so will miss the game...

Big Al

Whilst I am as frustrated as many others on here about the lack of trial games, we also need to bear in mind that in addition to NM and MMM building the team tactically and instilling the necessary attitude, we also allegedly now have a first-rate strength and conditioning coach, so he should surely know how to prepare the available players for tomorrow night’s game?
Good timing Oz with 2 hammy’s just announced :D

Hoole probably hurt tying his boots and Tom was surgical so doesn’t count

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred