• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners FFA Cup Thread

Offsider

If you didn't watch the CCM game I'm not sure how you can make any claim about how the side performed?

You think you had a bit each way don’t you??? ................. I bet you thought I couldn’t have watched both fox and the stream ........... you are definitely an idiot. And for your information ......... the side that mm put out is no where near a side that will put any credence to ccm’s chances this season.

A word of advice .......... Sometimes it is better to shut up and stay a fool ........ than speak up and prove it.

I am really serious about comments when I make them. I have the tv to watch foxtel on, I have a tv in my room that also gets the foxtel feed, iq to record up to three diff channels at a time, I have my ipad pro .............. it gets foxtel and my iphone ...... guess what ....... it gets the foxtel feed as well.

Then there are the milliard (that means a lot) of comments and replays blah blah reviews and summaries that reinforced what I thought I saw......... enabling me to make the comments I did.

Your welcome :doh::doh::doh:

Capt. Awesome

You think you had a bit each way don’t you??? ................. I bet you thought I couldn’t have watched both fox and the stream ........... you are definitely an idiot. And for your information ......... the side that mm put out is no where near a side that will put any credence to ccm’s chances this season.

A word of advice .......... Sometimes it is better to shut up and stay a fool ........ than speak up and prove it.

I am really serious about comments when I make them. I have the tv to watch foxtel on, I have a tv in my room that also gets the foxtel feed, iq to record up to three diff channels at a time, I have my ipad pro .............. it gets foxtel and my iphone ...... guess what ....... it gets the foxtel feed as well.

Then there are the milliard (that means a lot) of comments and replays blah blah reviews and summaries that reinforced what I thought I saw......... enabling me to make the comments I did.

Ok......... o_O

Timmah

I asked you directly whether you watched the game. This was your reply:
Watch fox to follow my multi’s.

Decided to wait till mm finishes recruiting before worrying about them anymore.
The first line suggests you watched the Sydney game.

The second line suggests you opted not to watch the CCM stream.

It's a fairly reasonable assumption and in no way warranted the diatribe above.

Which ultimately comes down to what most of us, including you and I, agree on - that is that the side that took the field on Wednesday night won't be representative of what takes the field when we walk out onto Suncorp Stadium in late October.

Offsider

I asked you directly whether you watched the game. This was your reply:

The first line suggests you watched the Sydney game.

The second line suggests you opted not to watch the CCM stream.

It's a fairly reasonable assumption and in no way warranted the diatribe above.

Which ultimately comes down to what most of us, including you and I, agree on - that is that the side that took the field on Wednesday night won't be representative of what takes the field when we walk out onto Suncorp Stadium in late October.

It was a wrong assumption .......... and the fact that you needed to make that assumption that implied I didn’t know what I was talking about warranted the diatribe. Good to see you didn’t take offense.:cheers:.

JoyfulPenguin

Having been snowed in with study up until today I finally sat down and watched the game. To be frank we were atrocious and it showed that we hadn't played any games together thought I might do some player summaries:

Adam Pearce:
I will say that I am probably biased against him considering I don't think we should be giving more than two keepers contracts and Gauci, considering his age, would have been a cheaper option to keep on as our sole back up. Well frankly he didn't look up to standard, on the plus side he looked like he had improved from the Blacktown game last season and made a very good save to deny Goodwin but was culpable for all our goals. He didn't come out to claim the ball in the air, which he should have no problem doing given his height, and doesn't know how to set a wall or position himself on free kicks. Is Matt Nash incapable of teaching keepers to set walls and come for the ball on corners? All of our keepers have struggled with this and the one constant has been him.

Adam Berry:
Not a wing back, didn't know how to position himself and was torn apart by Kitto at every opportunity. Gave the ball away going forward and didn't work hard enough working back or forward. Provided no support to our attack and was somehow still caught out of position when we invariably lost the ball. Give him a chance in his actual position or not at all.

Charles M'Mombwa (William):
An attacking player for the academy deployed at wing back? While I am probably being unfair to him in the little game time he had, he clearly didn't know his position but did relatively well given the time and circumstances he was in.

Jake McGing:
Failed to offer anything in the air defensively and was a contributing factor to the concession of our first goal. Connected with McGlinchey and Melling rather well at times but was often left completely isolated with his attacker thanks to Berry. Should have been played at wing back instead of Berry.

Kalifa Cisse:
Clearly unfit with the FOX commentators reporting that Aurelio Vidmar who had coached with him in Thailand saying he looked much fitter then. If Mulvey was always going to treat this game as nothing more than a friendly why did he play and get injured? The only member of our back line who did consistently well and saved our blushes numerous times as well as looking composed on the ball. Hope he isn't injured for too long and is actually fit in his next appearance.

Kye Rowles:
Had some good moments but was left isolated time and time again by Clisby's marauding runs. Seems to have the potential to be a top centre back but seems to struggle with concentration. Looked much better at centre back than at left back last season.

Jack Clisby:
Did well going forward apart from some wayward crossing. His attacking runs caused Rowles to be isolated to often however, and the majority of Adelaide's fruitful attacks came down his side when he was out of position. Probably was close to our best as a player but didn't seem to know where or how to position himself.

Alec Vinci:
Didn't look ready for this level and gave the ball away far too often.

Jacob Melling:
Works hard but his defensive positioning was awful. Attempted to link our defence and attack and did well when he short options but too often blazed the ball forward to no one.

Michael McGlinchey:
Was our most effective passer but that isn't saying much. For a visa player he didn't perform to the level expected, especially one that knows the league. Had a very poor first half but improved markedly in the second. Needs to find another level and clearly isn't a defensive midfielder.

Joshua Nisbet:
Didn't look ready for A-League level, needed to move the ball quicker and was easily brushed off the ball or in a tackle.

Peter Kekeris:
Extremely isolated but did well when he had the ball and worked hard off it. Beat numerous defenders and knew when to pass. Potentially needs to improve his forward positioning sense as was too often unable to provide a supporting run.

Matt Simon:
Held the ball up well in difficult circumstances with limited opportunities looks our best striker since the snake. Need more support from Pain, Kekeris and Nisbet. Needs to press slightly less at times as he created holes in our midfield for Adelaide to exploit.

Connor Pain:
Was lively with the limited amount of ball he got. Needed to provide Simon with more support.

General Summary:
Frankly I think how Mike Mulvey, and the club, treated this game was a mistake. This game could, and probably should, have ended with a very, very ugly scoreline and that would have done an extreme amount of harm to our membership and 1st home game. We treated the FFA Cup with a lack of respect and fielded a, at best, reserve side. We were very lucky that this was only 3-0 and that Adelaide eased up after the second goal. Remember that clubs in Europe only have six weeks of pre-season, we have had more than enough time to properly prepare for this game. We looked unorganized and unfit and would have lost to every NPL side that played last week except for Gwelup Croatia, and even that would probably have been close. I truly hope that it is only up from here and we bring in some quality new recruits.

midfielder

If true we are signing 4 NPL players to our squad, I shudder to think of the season ahead.

I feel sorry for MM, as I guess its the budget he has to work with.

I hope I am wrong but its scary at the moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami