• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners FFA Cup Thread

Rowdy

NPL clubs most likely cant even make it through to the CCM receptionist :headbutt:to organise a kick-around, let alone a trial, because of all this 'Bolt Mania'.

Rowdy

My ears to the ground told me that there will be no external trial match before the game.
Why 'o fcuking why do we keep doing this ??
- winning that first FFA Cup game puts a competitive culture within pre-season from the get-go, as wooden spooners you'd think Mulvey, Charlesworth would give a fcuk about this concept of competing from day one.
Nup !

S.S.D.S
Same Shit .... Different Season

Probably comes down to lack of money
... but hey, hang-on .....

FFC Mariner

Hope they dont play a trial against CCMA or CCU (aka the Coast team you arent ashamed of)

Both are actually competitive and the last thing they need is a distraction game

scottmac

Suspended
Shows how much respect we have for the cup.

Us fans wonder why we loose to NPL teams.

MC cutting costs for Usain alright
Playing trials hasn't done us any good the last couple of years. Different approach different result?

:(

Rowdy

The dichotomy of passionately following a club that :
- has the temerity to spend 4-5 mnths orchestrating a deal to sign Usain Bolt for near under a cool million

.... but ..

- can't be tossed organising a few pre-season games, let alone just one prior to a much needed redemptive win in the FFA Cup .... which is being played in 14 days time.

Does my fcuking head in :headbutt:

Rowdy

Meanwhile, the Scum are preparing for their FFA Cup game (played a week after ours against an NPL Gold Coast side) by playing a pre-season game against Mid North Coast Select side in Port Macquarie earlier tonight
.... 9 - 0 !
- win sounds like a good chance at building confidence in front of goals.

This coming off the back of The Scum taking out a 4 team tournament in China 2 weeks ago, the Free Trade Port Super Champions Cup, following victories over Chinese Super League heavyweights, Shanghai Shenhau and Changchun Yatai ( SydneyFC also participated )

Took a squad of 17 players;
5 Youth & the rest were 1st Team regulars.

They not only collected the tournament trophy but the $130,000 in prize money as well.
- Not bad coin for another potential signing to cover RO'D's 10 weeks out.

Comparitively ..... we're doing jack shit :oops:

Last edited:

Big Al

Meanwhile, the Scum are preparing for their FFA Cup game (played a week after ours against an NPL Gold Coast side) by playing a pre-season game against Mid North Coast Select side in Port Macquarie earlier tonight
.... 9 - 0 !
- win sounds like a good chance at building confidence in front of goals.

This coming off the back of The Scum taking out a 4 team tournament in China 2 weeks ago, the Free Trade Port Super Champions Cup, following victories over Chinese Super League heavyweights, Shanghai Shenhau and Changchun Yatai ( SydneyFC also participated )

Took a squad of 17 players;
5 Youth & the rest were 1st Team regulars.

They not only collected the tournament trophy but the $130,000 in prize money as well.
- Not bad coin for another potential signing to cover RO'D's 0 weeks out.

Comparitively ..... we're doing jack shit :oops:
At least we are undefeated ;)

JoyfulPenguin

Depending on how far Mulvey has taken us in pre-season, I think Adelaide might struggle against us. They barely beat a West Torrens Birkalla side rooted to the bottom of the table of the NPL SA and used their full squad up until the 80th minute.

Big Al

Depending on how far Mulvey has taken us in pre-season, I think Adelaide might struggle against us. They barely beat a West Torrens Birkalla side rooted to the bottom of the table of the NPL SA and used their full squad up until the 80th minute.
Hence the importantance of one or two games before your cup game

pinklady

Improved relationship with CCF?

I doubt it's "instead of" either - I imagine they use both Pluim and COE
Mulvey is not happy with the surface at COE. Considers it more important that the team train on a top class surface rather than have all the little "luxuries" of the COE (dressing room, lockers, players lounge, gym etc

Wombat

the COE pitch is shit.
I remember Tuggerah used to play there......................i think we beat those bogans 6.0 in a pre season and it hasnt improved much from those days.
But the pitches at Plium look perfect.

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred