• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

midfielder

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...id-alive-again-and-ready-to-swoop-on-licence/

Paywalled. Gist is Canberra might be looking to buy CCM licence. Again, hard to know if there is any reality in any of this. Seems unlikely to me - but let's be straight - it's not an impossibility

Telie are running a similar article and it says in part the rest is behind a paywall.. Canberra & Brisbane

The Central Coast Mariners’ could be facing choppy waters after owner Mike Charlesworth received two offers for the club’s A-League licence.

Wombat

I'm told Mikey now has a family home in Sydney and the wife and kids now live there full time. If true it would explain his more frequent visits. We also know he is a slippery fish and knows how to manipulate the media.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Meh, Charlesworth has had offers before. He's said previously he won't sell if it means moving the team - and given we know he's been waiting for the independent league to make the team more profitable, I can't see him stepping away from that now.

Nothing to worry about.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I am led to believe that Central Coast Council have had a recent business review by KPMG and one of the recommendations were that they contract out the stadium rights.
Yeah, but if they do that, how will we get our NRL team? I mean, as shiny and new as the Woy Woy grandstand is, I'm not sure that it qualifies for NRL.

In all seriousness, I've made that joke before about why Council would not want to relinquish control...but it occurred to make that given MC/CCM would run the stadium a lot better than Council ever has, if anything a properly managed and profitable stadium may well may us more attractable to national team propositions.

Though also in seriousness, just because KPMG recommended it, I wouldn't expect council to listen to reason.

I mean, even they have previously admitted they manage it terrible, and that still wasn't enough for them. Seems to be something ideological about not wanting to relinquish control.

FFC Mariner

Yeah, but if they do that, how will we get our NRL team? I mean, as shiny and new as the Woy Woy grandstand is, I'm not sure that it qualifies for NRL.

In all seriousness, I've made that joke before about why Council would not want to relinquish control...but it occurred to make that given MC/CCM would run the stadium a lot better than Council ever has, if anything a properly managed and profitable stadium may well may us more attractable to national team propositions.

Though also in seriousness, just because KPMG recommended it, I wouldn't expect council to listen to reason.

I mean, even they have previously admitted they manage it terrible, and that still wasn't enough for them. Seems to be something ideological about not wanting to relinquish control.
I think if there was an NRL team they would like a shot.
Sokka you know

turbo

The coast might get a relocated team. All Sydney teams will do that kicking and screaming.
Perth and Brisbane 2 are in front for a new licence.

There's no way the coast will get an NRL team any time soon

Yep an NRL team chance is optimistic at best. We’d be a safe but underwhelming choice for them. If that’s the hold up you’d just have clauses about favourable terms if the NRL based a team here some day and then let their sole tenant that actually exists get to work in the present.

Insertnamehere

Yep an NRL team chance is optimistic at best. We’d be a safe but underwhelming choice for them. If that’s the hold up you’d just have clauses about favourable terms if the NRL based a team here some day and then let their sole tenant that actually exists get to work in the present.
At the end of the day for the council it should just be getting a return. They could surely put clauses in about future sporting teams so they get a better return if an NRL team did show up.

scoober

The fact is that there will be more NRL games at the stadium IF the mariners get the management rights.
Problem is now the stadium is utilised about 30 days a year out of 365.
If you manage it, you want the stadium utilised as much as possible but you’d imagine to want to utilise it at least 1 event per week on average (50+per year) If that means 6-8 NRL games then so be it, money in the Mariners pocket. There will never be an NRL team on the coast.

Ironbark

Just a reflection on the season so far.

We started pre-season with an FFA Cup run where we looked expectedly under cooked and a little disjointed but kept it together. New coach, new players - fair enough. Decent effort really.

Started the season outright and here was a team that appeared to believe in their own capabilities and in what they were doing. Deserved to win a couple of games that we didn't and held out when we needed to.
Add a real 9 to Oar, Silvera, DDS and Duric and watch out.

We turned up flat to the City game and remained that way ever since. Sure, the defence still desperately scrambles but has had to do it consistently which isn't a great sign.
The City/Adelaide games turned the team to a don't concede goals first mentality. A worthwhile pursuit but shakily executed. Tentative really.
The last ditched desperate defending has been enough to bring in some points (A++ to Birraz).
But we've lost control of midfield and no longer really threaten in the final third which is not a good way to win games. Duric having been out a few games has lost us more than some backbone and punch forward.

What say a 4231, consisting of:
BACK FOUR
Kim - Duric
Silvera - DDS - Oar
Jair

Subs: Stensness, Murray, Nisbet, GG if not in the backline. We need more attacking depth here.

I'm still not clear on the best back four or positions. There are several players who can 'do a job' but will leave it to others to pick the winning starting combo

Big Al

Just a reflection on the season so far.

We started pre-season with an FFA Cup run where we looked expectedly under cooked and a little disjointed but kept it together. New coach, new players - fair enough. Decent effort really.

Started the season outright and here was a team that appeared to believe in their own capabilities and in what they were doing. Deserved to win a couple of games that we didn't and held out when we needed to.
Add a real 9 to Oar, Silvera, DDS and Duric and watch out.

We turned up flat to the City game and remained that way ever since. Sure, the defence still desperately scrambles but has had to do it consistently which isn't a great sign.
The City/Adelaide games turned the team to a don't concede goals first mentality. A worthwhile pursuit but shakily executed. Tentative really.
The last ditched desperate defending has been enough to bring in some points (A++ to Birraz).
But we've lost control of midfield and no longer really threaten in the final third which is not a good way to win games. Duric having been out a few games has lost us more than some backbone and punch forward.

What say a 4231, consisting of:
BACK FOUR
Kim - Duric
Silvera - DDS - Oar
Jair

Subs: Stensness, Murray, Nisbet, GG if not in the backline. We need more attacking depth here.

I'm still not clear on the best back four or positions. There are several players who can 'do a job' but will leave it to others to pick the winning starting combo
also other teams are now better prepared for us. Our play is being disrupted as it’s no longer a surprise.

We are not adjusting well to this.

Juric has probably effected our attack in the sense we don’t have a threat from outside the box and his switch of play. He barely touched the ball in Brisbane when he came on from my recollection

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
CCM getting its own ground, f**king terrorgraph got nothing else to talk about apparently

turbo

I had a gut feeling before I even opened the article. Interesting though that some on here were suggesting he wasn't willing to accept a NYL contract and his representatives are saying that offer never materialised. Either way he's asking a lot for his time in preseason and if successful could set a precedent. They need to be protected but at the same time would it benefit young players to have a hard rule on an allowance for players on trial or max trial duration? Feels like that could backfire.

Wombat

He played in a couple of pre-season games and was ordinary. There is no way we could have offered him a contract on the merit of his performances. Morally should we have given him a hundred a week to help with travel expenses after dragged the chain on the trail....probably.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami