• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Michael

Sadly for him, if this goes to Court, no professional club would ever consider him.
It was a trial,he could easily have left whenever he wanted to and there doesn`t appear to be any agreement to be paid for that period

only just coming across this...
He played the tail end of the NPL season coming into the early stages of pre season, no?
So the majority of his “pro trial” was in the academy NPL side which is not a professional level. And he wants 60k? For 3 months?! What a salty little bastard. As has been mentioned he could’ve walked away at any moment. This stinks of a young cocky bloke that got told no and is that cocky he never even considered life away from footy and now wants a huge lump sum to sit on the northern beaches all summer.
Even if he did get a scholarship he would’ve been lucky to get 60k in 12months. What a moron, a moron with clearly a snake agent trying to put more shit on the easy target club.
How long did Mile and matty go on unpaid trial for? Going on to different successes but long careers.
It’s all about mentality and Mark Moric, while an okay player has absolute piss weak mentality.

Michael

Not sure if it’s been put up on here but just thought I’d share
Andre Gumprecht’s partner has stage 4 melanoma, there has been a gofundme page set up to help support the legends family in this time. Doesn’t need to be said as I’m sure so many here have been affected by cancer, including me, how devastating it is.
Go donate guys. Everything helps.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/1u7xchlf...edium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet

style_cafe

CC Leagues club must be feeling unloved on match days.
I was asked by a staff member about why the fans were heading to the Brewery and Baker St.
They are looking to set up a supporters room upstairs on match days.
Stay tuned...:popcorn:

marinermick

I was asked by a staff member about why the fans were heading to the Brewery and Baker St.

They have been cashing in for years with only sporadic support. Now that they have some competition they are jolted into action.

FFC Mariner

Not selling shit commercial beer would help.

turbo

Why? Maybe it’s because they’ve focused on gambling above all else and done their best to kill it off as a social destination. Or maybe it’s because they are taking fans for granted rather than trying to attract them. But a change would be a step in the right direction for a venue that’s lost its way.

Tevor

We only went there because there were no other options. Now there are other options.
Totally agree, we travel so we nearly always go somewhere before or after a game for a meal and a drink. In 4 years of being a member I’ve been there 3 times on game day. Soulless place IMO. It’s great there are even more options on game day however I always found something other than CC Leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ancient Mariner

In the first couple of years of the Aleague we used to go there and eat and have a drink in the Kendall bar regularly with the rest of the Marinators. Food was ordinary but it was fun and good mixing with other names from the forum. The Marinators collapsed and we stopped going to the club. About the same time we moved to the heady heights of prawn sandwich seats.
About 5 years ago we called into the club for a pre match meal and to check out the action. The food was crap and the only pre match action was pokies. We have not been back since.
I visit a lot of clubs while playing poker and find them the most soul less, ugly and boring places on earth. Their main aim is to guide you to the machines which seems to be their main focus. I despise poker machines with the same hatred as Dr Who has for Daleks and consider them just about as evil.
I would need a very good reason to go through their doors again.

Josho Howe

Bay Rd has been a welcome addition to game days. While the beer is a couple of dollars extra, it's really good quality so l am happy to pay it. The wave runner at Bay Rd has become one of my favourite beers. The club is just bloody boring compared to it. Bay Rd has a good vibe with everybody talking to each other and having a good time.

CCLC only cares about the money the dirty sokkah hooligans bring in. Bay Rd cares about good beer and a good atmosphere and it has both.

MagpieMariner

I only keep my membership at CCLC so I can remain a member of the Bridge club. This year I didn't even pick up my free meal at the bistro, last couple of years it was crap.

style_cafe

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone that posts on here.
Whether you`re a frequent contributer or just a one off it all adds to the mix and it it`s all appreciated.
A special thanks also to Ads and the other mods? for the work they do behind the scenes. You do an awesome job.
It`s been another tough year but I think we`ve turned the corner and things are looking rosy for the future.
The Christmas win this year gives us hope and for that we are extremely happy,a New Year win would be even better though.

Merry Christmas everyone & lets make it a joyous Mariner`s New Year by cheering our team to victory....:popcorn:

Ps. I hope you`re well JP

Forum Phoenix

Because we went from a dedicated section, to being treated like an annoying inconvenience at best when just politely trying to get a screen to watch the coast’s only team playing away.

The last time I went there as an away venue fans missed the first 15. Unforgivable and have not used it as s venue for away games since. Mingara is no better. Pathetic.

priorpeter

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone that posts on here.
Whether you`re a frequent contributer or just a one off it all adds to the mix and it it`s all appreciated.
A special thanks also to Ads and the other mods? for the work they do behind the scenes. You do an awesome job.
It`s been another tough year but I think we`ve turned the corner and things are looking rosy for the future.
The Christmas win this year gives us hope and for that we are extremely happy,a New Year win would be even better though.

Merry Christmas everyone & lets make it a joyous Mariner`s New Year by cheering our team to victory....:popcorn:

Ps. I hope you`re well JP

Merry crimbo to you and yours, style. And to everyone else on here! See you on NYE (YA might have something planned, stay tuned :D)

priorpeter

Interesting that the club and YA (and I assume the OSC as well) haven’t been approached by CCLC about this. Kind of amusing that they’re now feeling unloved after years of not giving a f**k about us.

Bay Rd have shown huge willingness to work with us on game day, much more than can be said of CCLC for a number of years. Much better beer too it must be said.
I wonder what they did with all the old mariners memorabilia from the old Kendall Lounge.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Interesting that the club and YA (and I assume the OSC as well) haven’t been approached by CCLC about this. Kind of amusing that they’re now feeling unloved after years of not giving a f**k about us.

Bay Rd have shown huge willingness to work with us on game day, much more than can be said of CCLC for a number of years. Much better beer too it must be said.
I wonder what they did with all the old mariners memorabilia from the old Kendall Lounge.
The club gave it all away ... us Recks ended up with a set of framed trading cards from a friend the club gave them too

5h8VP0.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred