• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Rowdy

You should of posted the whole article, even more very interesting comments from Storrie to be had.

"Phone-gate" ......

IS (was) Worthy of Its own Thread. ;)

nebakke

was interesting hearing Monty on the yellowarmy podcast talk about how little of the info coming out in the media is accurate - saying much of it appears to be downright made up

I entirely agree... Monty doesn't feel like he'd be particularly good at managing PR - so-to-speak - so it was good to hear his comments on both the feeling around the change room and the view on the whole leaking thing...
There was enough righteous anger and outrage when talking about the leaking, to put any fan-rumour to bed, I think ;)

elevated position

Agree, anybody remember 2009/10?

What a difference 12 months makes. This time last year, Brisbane Roar was down in the dumps after what could only be described as the season from hell. It all started with key injuries, then the sacking of respected coach Frank Farina for Drink-Driving, followed by a revolt by many senior players over newly installed coach Ange Postecoglou’s coaching style. In the end, Brisbane finished ninth. With a big turnover of players for the 2010/11 campaign many observers (including me) thought it would be a long hard road – how wrong we were. (Upstart Sport)

Postecoglou has defied his doubters to turn a youthful Roar squad into A-League heavyweights in his first full season in charge.
The former Young Socceroos coach copped plenty of criticism for a sweep-out of the club which saw the likes of Craig Moore, Danny Tiatto, Charlie Miller, Josh McCloughan, Bob Malcolm and Liam Reddy all leave. (ABC News)
Luca you are right however if what is happening with Reddy today there would have been a precedence set when those Brisbane players were released and PFA said nothing
and if they did what was the result then and why is Reddy being sacked now any different than when he was sacked from Brisbane?

Am I starting to see one rule for them and another for the Mariners?
I accept that Reddy might of been happy to accept the money offered then as to now he would have to go elsewhere and he has just started his fitness business at Erina.

Just pay the tosser out

Rowdy

Am I starting to see one rule for them and another for the Mariners?

Always has been, ALWAYS will !!!
  • The first team to earn a Home Grand Final, only to have it taken to the SFS & it wasn't even a sell-out, despite it being our 2nd time qualifying for a GF. ........ Its never happened again
  • CCM denied by the FFA (making the rules up as they go along) in allowing us to sign Damian Mori for a second injury replacement contract, citing- "Mori is a striker, the injured player is a defender, it's not a like-for-like replacement." Despite Lawrie re-shuffling the entire squad to fill the injured defenders spot we needed the striker spot filled. OH.... & did I forget to mention Mori was banging them in for us too :rolleyes:. ..............It's never happened again.

• Patricio Perez being awarded a penalty for being taken out by the keeper in the box ONLY to have it reviewed by the Match Review Comittee and then being given a suspension for fooling the referee. ........& It too has never EVER happened EVER again.
In fact I've never even heard of the Match Review Comittee looking at ANY incident even similarly to this being reviewed. Often actually hear the term 'it was dealt with by the referee during the game, they cant now give a suspension'

Wasn't THAT the case with Perez? The ref dealt with it. :cool:

I'm sure I could come up with more if I gave it some more thought, but those 3 have never left the 'ram' in the last 10 years.

Gratis

can keep adding to that - Vukovic's long suspension leading to him missing the Olyroos (what about sackwhacker plus a good dozen others that were similar?)
the shambles that was the McGlinchey betrayal plus
...several other things I just don't have time to write about now (I've got to go)

elevated position

• The first team to earn a Home Grand Final, only to have it taken to the SFS & it wasn't even a sell-out, despite it being our 2nd time qualifying for a GF. ........ Its never happened again
When we played WSW in the grand final were they not the premiers that year and if they were they played a grand final at the same ground as we did so it did happen again.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

• CCM denied by the FFA (making the rules up as they go along) in allowing us to sign Damian Mori for a second injury replacement contract, citing- "Mori is a striker, the injured player is a defender, it's not a like-for-like replacement." Despite Lawrie re-shuffling the entire squad to fill the injured defenders spot we needed the striker spot filled. OH.... & did I forget to mention Mori was banging them in for us too :rolleyes:. ..............It's never happened again.

• Patricio Perez being awarded a penalty for being taken out by the keeper in the box ONLY to have it reviewed by the Match Review Comittee and then being given a suspension for fooling the referee. ........& It too has never EVER happened EVER again.
In fact I've never even heard of the Match Review Comittee looking at ANY incident even similarly to this being reviewed. Often actually hear the term 'it was dealt with by the referee during the game, they cant now give a suspension'

Wasn't THAT the case with Perez? The ref dealt with it. :cool:

I'm sure I could come up with more if I gave it some more thought, but those 3 have never left the 'ram' in the last 10 years.

Pretty sure the MRP has suspended a few players for diving that the referee missed (or awarded a FK for), so nothing to be concerned about there.
As for the first.....I will never forgive the FFA for that absolute scum act that was, stealing our GF. Not having the chance to have a GF atmosphere outside CCLC, or even to have the home ground advantage....that hurt. Still does. As does knowing that under the corrent disgraceful regime, we will never had a home GF despite that being a promise to all clubs before the HAL began. f****** scumbags.

can keep adding to that - Vukovic's long suspension leading to him missing the Olyroos (what about sackwhacker plus a good dozen others that were similar?)
to be fair, Vukovic's suspension was because the MRP rules simply mandated it as a minimum, so not really something they had much choice over - and they bent/broke that suspension massively to help out Vukovic's Olyroos appearances, so they treated us pretty well on that.
I fully agree that the MRP are disgustingly inconsistent (because we'd hate to say corrupt!) on their 'the referee dealt with it' thing. Just a week or two before Danny got sent off, Milligan was jabbing his finger right into Shield's chest while berating him, nothing. Although that probably said more about Shield.......

Last edited:

Rowdy

When we played WSW in the grand final were they not the premiers that year and if they were they played a grand final at the same ground as we did so it did happen again.

You're wrong.

THEY WANTED it played at the SFS as Parramatta is even smaller than our home ground.

We won the right to have a 'home ground' Grand Final & WE DIDN'T WANT to play it at SFS, but were forced to by the FFA.

Repeat: It hasn't happened again since.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Don't the youth squad train everyday like the seniors?, because I saw Reddy at Erina this morning at about 10am with his missus and the littlin in the pram...he sure didn't look stressed beyond belief, which is something the PFA said he was I believe....anyway, if the club don't want to pay him out, what are they supposed to do with an employee who creates ruckus in the workplace and they can't sack?

Rowdy

.....he sure didn't look stressed beyond belief, which is something the PFA said he was I believe.

It's a common form of treatment being prescribed by his Psychiatrist .......

Its called Retail Therapy.

His Dr. has told him that;
a) Your certifiably fckun crazy, that was the best and last gig your ever going to get.

b) Spend it while you've still got it. Its food stamps from then on.

FFC Mariner

Don't the youth squad train everyday like the seniors?, because I saw Reddy at Erina this morning at about 10am with his missus and the littlin in the pram...he sure didn't look stressed beyond belief, which is something the PFA said he was I believe....anyway, if the club don't want to pay him out, what are they supposed to do with an employee who creates ruckus in the workplace and they can't sack?

Send him on gardening leave.

Keep paying him but keep him away from work.

dibo

Might be a breach of the CBA. He can't sign to another club until Jan 1, he wants to keep fit until then, we don't want the toxic influence or to be paid out in full.

Club will play waiting game letting him have bare minimum access until he can be moved on, I'd guess.

Luca Brasi

From Dom Bossi in the Herald:
Central Coast Mariners were worried about a mole leaking tactics to rivals so much so they requested the phone data of all players and coaches but after another defeat, does it really matter? In a competition with such a high rotation of players, coaches let alone friends and family playing for rival clubs, word gets out fast and everyone knows so much about rivals. Even the media. Fairfax Media is not speculating on the identity of the mole, but we can exclusively reveal next week's tactics; They'll play a 4-3-3, work hard and lose admirably.
Bet it would matter if it were SFC.

dibo

It absolutely matters if a player sits in the dressing room wondering if they can trust the players sitting either side of them to be doing their best for the club and not undermining it. How do you put in at training and on the weekend if you think some arsehole is feeding the opposition?

VicMariner

Does not matter how many friends and family play for the opposition, you keep your mouth shut. It's called integrity.

Forum Phoenix

From Dom Bossi in the Herald:
Central Coast Mariners were worried about a mole leaking tactics to rivals so much so they requested the phone data of all players and coaches but after another defeat, does it really matter? In a competition with such a high rotation of players, coaches let alone friends and family playing for rival clubs, word gets out fast and everyone knows so much about rivals. Even the media. Fairfax Media is not speculating on the identity of the mole, but we can exclusively reveal next week's tactics; They'll play a 4-3-3, work hard and lose admirably.
Bet it would matter if it were SFC.

Yeah, I'm sure no one would care at all if someone leaked specific team SFC tactics to Muscat before the "big :vomit:blue"

So to summarise Dom Bassi,

It's ok to cheat, break the rules, betray confidence of friends, team mates, employer and fans, and show zero integrity... if your team isn't winning? Or you think the league is parochial ? Or if it's CCM?

Somewhat more to game day tactics than your team formation Dom. Football journalist... :rolleyes:

And we haven't always played a 433 in any case.

Wanker.

nebakke

Somewhat more to game day tactics than your team formation Dom. Football journalist... :rolleyes:

Wanker.

Yeah... There's a difference between "knowing" and KNOWING... It's similar in family to that whole thing about rather keeping your mouth shut and letting people think you're a moron, than opening it and confirming.

OH... Speaking of which!!!

Dom Bossi in the Herald

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred