• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Forum Phoenix

Firstly Trent, please take off your new red nose so you don't destroy the respect I had for you. Club has a player leak info to SFC, they want to find out who, and that makes them a clown college :rolleyes:

I don't find Reddy putting his own opinion beyond that of the good of his club and proudly bagging the coach and his philosophy even remotely amusing. Yep, they want to play unrelenting attacking football. It's not like they said we think the clubs future lies in child labour and apartheid. Though we do seem rather focused on employing kids and we are keeping Reddy separate...so.... :unsure::innocent:

In my opinion, as a fan, we are playing some of the best football we've ever played. Players look fit and focused. So don't turn into an Arnie stooge Trent.

Anyway, how about we play this game in reverse...

SFC's game plans and gossip are leaked to TW by a player, and so Arnie and co start to investigate.

Would People like Gatt and former players response in the media be, oh what a joke of a club...culture falling apart? Or would they possibly err more towards, that's just not on, and Arnie's valiant hunt to undo this wrong or even just silence?

Would TW and Hutch have taken secret info on Sydney from one of their players? I'd actually like to think they wouldn't.

We're not simply the club of no one rates us... people love to hate us and really do seem to want to stick a boot in at any chance. It's probably a sign of our success over the years. A compliment of sorts. But it doesn't endear the f**kers to me. MAkes me all the prouder of our team and the club though.

I say lets topple the A league darlings Thursday night and shut them all up. To do that though we better put Posco on Berisha, make sure Austin and Rosey keep Kosta in check, Monty monsters Finkler, and help Fitzy to harrass Khalfallah, and Caceres to be highly active for the full 90.

I'm sure we'll create opportunities, but need to keep their attack at bay. Berisha takes his chances. So we can't give as many as we have to others or they will almost certainly roll us.

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

Would People like Gatt and former players response in the media be, oh what a joke of a club...culture falling apart?
Agree, anybody remember 2009/10?

What a difference 12 months makes. This time last year, Brisbane Roar was down in the dumps after what could only be described as the season from hell. It all started with key injuries, then the sacking of respected coach Frank Farina for Drink-Driving, followed by a revolt by many senior players over newly installed coach Ange Postecoglou’s coaching style. In the end, Brisbane finished ninth. With a big turnover of players for the 2010/11 campaign many observers (including me) thought it would be a long hard road – how wrong we were. (Upstart Sport)

Postecoglou has defied his doubters to turn a youthful Roar squad into A-League heavyweights in his first full season in charge.
The former Young Socceroos coach copped plenty of criticism for a sweep-out of the club which saw the likes of Craig Moore, Danny Tiatto, Charlie Miller, Josh McCloughan, Bob Malcolm and Liam Reddy all leave. (ABC News)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I'm with Phoenix, if the tables were reversed you wouldn't hear from 99% of alledged non byast football journos...says a lot about our success and history that every one of our storms in a teacup gets turned into a class 5 cyclone by the media trying to cut our legs out from under us so their Capitol city clubs arent overshadowed by the little team that did.

Mind you, all this phone bollocks reporting would probably chase highly moralistic casuals away from home games

nebakke

Mind you, all this phone bollocks reporting would probably chase highly moralistic casuals away from home games

Dunno... I belong firmly in the camp of those commonly referred to as "bleeding heart liberals" and I don't really have a problem - considering the circumstance.
I think the ones potentially chased away, would be those still blaming the club for trying to rid us of Reddy and, going on the moron that sits a couple of seats up from me and spent most of last season hurling abuse at our bench, I'm guessing they'll still show up to at least do that, in a couple more games... Credit to that guy though, he's been mostly focused on the refs so far this season.

nogbad

To be honest if it were me I'd be buying a pre paid $30 phone from Coles to pass on the info to other clubs.

If Arnie were asked he'd deny it anyhow.

dibo

I think the apparent fact that someone is breaching the confidences of the dressing room to a rival club is far more undignified than a club trying to protect its interests. It's the leadership group rather than the management asking players to show they're not the leak. Management has handed over info to FFA to investigate.

FFA are involved as there's an integrity issue, and I'm glad they are because this is pretty much an act that manipulates results. A player who does this shouldn't just be sacked, they should be suspended by the FFA. Do not pass go, do not collect severance pay. f**k off out of the game.

A person receiving this information should be reporting it to FFA, and if they don't they should also be suspended.

FFC Mariner

Smeltz gives the scum keeper a facial - Arnie "didnt see it"

Roy cleaned up by their keeper - Arnie "didnt see it"

Phonegate - Arnie ......................

Rowdy

To be honest if it were me I'd be buying a pre paid $30 phone from Coles to pass on the info to other clubs.

If Arnie were asked he'd deny it anyhow.

Australia post, cut 'letters' from newspaper headlines, glue'em with tweezers, that way no fingerprints.

We know our boys are good with the tweezers. ;)

images-1.jpg
How many grains of rice does it take to destroy a football career? :cool:

midfielder

There is a bigger issue that Gatt and co seem to wanta ignore at this stage... what if SFC asked for it ... and then there is the betting thing that is always an issue...

SFC could come out smelling far worst than us.... as for media comments in general tis typical modern day attack attack attack and then maybe somewhere the truth will out ... in this instance I have faith in the club...

nogbad

The 12 most beautiful football stadiums in the world
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/features/12-most-beautiful-football-stadiums-world#jWsAKp9Yd78B9wrU.99

We are on the list = Central Coast Stadium, Australia :overheadl:
I thought the ground with the train line might have got a mention...
Train%20and%20football%20Slovakia.png

Gratis

was interesting hearing Monty on the yellowarmy podcast talk about how little of the info coming out in the media is accurate - saying much of it appears to be downright made up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami