• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Big Al

The FFA still own shares in the Mariners today. It is easy enough to find out who the shareholders are. Just do a company search. The FFA still hold shares today as do the local association CCF. Charlesworth owns 65% of the football club and there are a number of other shareholders including Lawrie.

Charlesworth owns 100% of the COE development. The COE and the football club are seperate companies.
Is this why rumours of a marquee involve FFA being asked to pay and them saying no?

Pirate Pete

Is this why rumours of a marquee involve FFA being asked to pay and them saying no?

Didn't the FFA pay a wad to Brett Emerton when he went to SFC? I think he was lined up to go somewhere and he insisted on SFC, so the FFA stumped up the money.
I'm sure it was mentioned at a fans forum at the Ettalong club when Damien de Bohnu was there. I can't remember what happened exactly but

a couple of fans were saying WTF are the FFA paying him to play for SFC. Why not fund a player for us.

bikinigirl

. as far as i know the FFA have 'helped' to fund a number of marquees

. Kewell and del Piero also come to mind (increasing their promotional obligations) ... which is why i was dreaming about some funding for Wilko - he would be more of a 'name' on the Coast than del Piero IMHO

Forum Phoenix

While I think all people would love to have Wilko back, as a marquee I really can't see anyone rushing to games specifically to see him play? Del Piero once they were educated who he was, or Olic though would almost certainly be a bit different I think.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
yep, agree with Phoenix....Wilko is a Mariners Hero, but a marquee, nup

Big Al

Talk of him going to Victory anyway.

Agree won't put a lot of bums on seats but may bring back old ones which is important.

Olic only for hardcore football fans. Don't believe he would have worked.

nebakke

I think olic qualifies as a marquee much less than Wilko.
Thing with Wilko is that he does bring a level of recognition for most Coasties. It might not only help bring back a couple of old fans but also some of the casuals.
Certainly wouldn't do much to bring in new ones but...
I think you have to think of him as a different kind of marquee if he played for us. He's respected and loved amongst fans and hang arounds up here so it might shore up some casuals at least :) and it would support the legacy feel, in spite of losing Matty.

nearlyyellow

6.35 ".. kickoff at 7.40pm Gosford Stadium .. "
Mistake, what script was he reading? Hope it was corrected later in the broadcast.

Nice interview with Fabio though, thanks for the link :)

elevated position

Did anyone else read the article in the "telegraph" (Thursday) that up to 50% of players wish not to be in the PFA and at the 50% level they can call an extra ordinary meeting to voice their concerns which seem to be about how the PFA is operating at the moment and their mouthpeice Vivian is at the heart of these concerns

dibo

I generally avoid reading the Telegraph...

I'm a bit sceptical of claims that 50% of players want out of the union. I've heard that Vivian's position is under pressure, but that's not the same thing.

Generally sportspeople unionise because it's the only way they protect themselves. Even the fantastically well paid players in the English Premier League are basically all unionised. Certainly players in the US professional sports are all unionised. The PFA are essential to maintaining things like the salary cap too, ensuring more and better paid jobs for players here.

Gratis

Presume you mean this?

Footballers' union at war with itself as players revolt across A-League
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...ss-aleague-20160112-gm49mp.html#ixzz3xHlsrx6L

The chaos that has engulfed Professional Footballers Australia has split the organisation with players turning on each other in one of the ugliest episodes in the organisation's history.

It is understood that seven A-League clubs have failed to renew their subscriptions to the PFA, a protest vote from players against the organisation's existing structure and what they believe were botched collective bargaining agreement negotiations.

The disaffected players believe the long-running negotiation was poorly handled in public, particularly in relation to the attacks on the PFA made by FFA chief executive David Gallop, which they felt led to players looking "greedy" and led to a loss of public support.

The drawn-out saga did not result in any A-League matches being boycotted, but led to the Matildas calling off a two-match tour of the US and the Socceroos pulling out of a promotional appearance in Perth. The FFA even ceased recognising the PFA for a brief period as negotiations collapsed.

The CBA was eventually settled in November, but players were still unhappy with the agreed terms and some claim they felt obligated to sign.

Subsequently, representatives from six clubs have signed a motion of "no confidence" in PFA chief executive Adam Vivian. The motion itself has no legal grounding, but only 5 per cent of the PFA membership need to register to force a general meeting.

However, Vivian retains the support of key figures inside the PFA, including the man he worked closest with during CBA negotiations and PFA stalwart, former Socceroo Simon Colosimo. The most important figure in PFA history, Brendan Schwab, now the head of UNI World Athletes, is also backing Vivian.

The players in revolt attempted to keep the siege quiet but it is understood a disgruntled figure within the organisation leaked news of the split to media outlets on Wednesday.

Fairfax Media was subsequently shown a document outlining the list of grievances by the group, with four key issues in play: governance, transparency, handling of the CBA saga and trust.

The PFA has long boasted of having a near-perfect membership take up but those numbers have collapsed this season. It is believed that only three clubs – Melbourne Victory, Perth Glory and Brisbane Roar – are sticking firm with the union.

That is to be somewhat expected, with Roar captain Matt McKay, the PFA president, Glory goalkeeper Ante Covic, the PFA vice-president, and the union having close relations, through Leigh Broxham, with Victory.

It is thought the key agitators are players at Western Sydney Wanderers, Adelaide United and Central Coast Mariners. Reds striker and long-time PFA executive member Bruce Djite has been particularly vocal behind closed doors.

Members of the union executive and A-League delegates engaged in a heated phone discussion last week, which served only to deepen the divide.

Djite has long been outspoken on player welfare issues but, notably, distanced himself from the CBA negotiations as they went on.

In July, he said a "teleconference of 50-plus players" reached the same conclusion regarding the FFA's initial offer, saying "not one player said it was reasonable".

However, by October, Djite was no longer actively involved, saying "we haven't had an executive meeting for quite a long time" and that "I don't know if we're any closer to a deal than a couple of weeks ago or a month ago".

Wanderers skipper Nikolai Topor-Stanley and Central Coast Mariners' midfielder Nick Montgomery are also thought to have expressed a similar view.

Manny_ccm

This one

FOOTBALL’S players union has descended into civil war, with players at half of the A-League’s clubs demanding the removal of its chief executive.

A motion of no confidence in CEO Adam Vivian has been put forward and signed by the players at five of the 10 A-League clubs, while players at six clubs have refused to submit membership forms for the union (PFA).

The motion demands an extraordinary general meeting at which the players will instruct the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) executive — led by players including Socceroo Matt McKay, Adelaide striker Bruce Djite and Perth goalkeeper Ante Covic — to remove Vivian.

But it’s believed Vivian retains the support of many executive members, putting the union’s membership on a collision course with its leaders just weeks after a collective pay deal (CBA) was finally agreed with Football Federation Australia.

The Daily Telegraph has spoken to various players at a number of clubs, who are adamant that the union’s leadership has lost the confidence of the players.

A number of grievances were listed, including the level of communication during the lengthy — and at times acrimonious — negotiations over the CBA, and the way the union has been run under Vivian’s leadership.

“It’s not the content of the CBA, it’s the way they went about it,” one player said. “It feels like we’re told what’s good for us, rather than the leadership representing what we feel.”

The motion of no confidence claims the “process undertaken for the approval of the A-League CBA was unprofessional and chaotic”, and says players “have expressed concern over continuing their membership with the PFA”.

It’s understood that after the motion of no confidence was submitted by multiple signatories from five clubs, a teleconference was convened at which many made clear their anger to the union’s executive.

Under the rules of the PFA, a general meeting has to be held if only five per cent of its members call for one in writing, though it remains unclear from the PFA rules whether a motion of no confidence would be binding on the executive.

The dispute comes after Vivian had signed off on a collective pay deal for the A-League players, the Socceroos and the Matildas, preceded by months of angry exchanges with FFA officials.

That included the Matildas boycotting a pair of games against the world champions, America, and being pictured with their suitcases in Hyde Park after attempting to force FFA CEO David Gallop into a meeting.

At one stage FFA cancelled the memorandum of understanding which recognised the union and obliged clubs to deal with it, though it has since been enshrined in the newly signed CBA.

Last night the PFA issued a statement after being contacted by the Daily Telegraph, in which it said “the Executive Committee of Professional Footballers Australia can confirm they were served a document on behalf of some A-League players.

“The PFA Executive has met with a number of signatories to that document and there appears to be confusion regarding the intent of it.

“The PFA Executive maintains its confidence in the Chief Executive and are currently undertaking a process in accordance with the rules of the PFA.

“Further comment will be made once that process has been completed.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/f...d/news-story/43c8948b3b9d4cf4015d48de0658e05c

Rowdy

Caceres switch angers Sydney FC CEO:
gettyimages-495046012.jpg

Sydney FC chief executive Tony Pignata has spoken out following confirmation A-League rivals Melbourne City have signed Anthony Caceres on loan.

The midfielder will join City for the remainder of the season after being loaned out by parent club Manchester City.

The move comes just days after Caceres was bought by the English Premier League giants from Central Coast Mariners.
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
The loaning of Caceres to City is wrong. How can @FFA allow this? There are no transfers between@ALeague clubs yet it seems you can by pass

— Tony Pignata (@tpignata9)January 19, 2016
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪ Just one point to add. What City have done is totally within the rules. I just think that current@FFA rules need to be looked at.

— Tony Pignata (@tpignata9)January 19, 2016
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Under current rules, A-League clubs can't transfer between themselves and Pignata believes City are using their connections to the English club to circumvent that rule.

Caceres, 23, will be available for City's clash against Wellington at AAMI Park on Monday following his controversial switch.

It's understood the Mariners have no issue with the deal, having received a transfer fee from Manchester City for the emerging talent.

AAP is seeking comment from the FFA.

nebakke

Haha poor SFC can't steal our talent. He doesn't even want a transfer system just loan system. Trying to steal for free.

Piss off and show us the money.

Just get an o/s club to buy him for you next time. Haha

Yeah - I don't disagree with his view that transfer should be allowed between the clubs... I think it's a crazy system that we have now, which limits the cost of NPL players and blocks A-league transfers... If the salary cap is in place, I don't really see a major issue.

BUT...

It's hard to feel sorry for him, when it seems like his coach has been in the ear of several of our players and coaching staff, since joining them, to convince them to track down there and setup shop, in stead of staying put.
To me, for clubs such as us and probably the Jest, if a transfer system was introduced, we'd need to start getting a lot more firm when negotiating things like the buy-out clauses... Otherwise the richer clubs would just throw money at every problem, along with the whisper campaigns, until they succeeded.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred