• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Big Al

I actually don't see anything wrong with what was said in the article.
We are under resourced, MC doesn't spend and it does make it hard for the manager. Not so hard as to make a it impossible for a smart manager though, IMO.
Agree, the headline was stronger thannthe words but those at Fox will go into bat for him and you can expect the bias to start up again

Coastalraider

I know the relationship has obviously soured, but Okons comments still seem a bit bitter. The first 5-6 rounds showed that this squad had the ability to challenge most teams. Our record against Sydney showed we can match it on our day. Our season has deteriorated due to poor attitude and lack of belief in an uncompromising game plan. Those issues have no relation to the cap spend - they are issues that should be managed by the coach. They were not addressed adequately, our performances dropped off considerably, and here we are. Sorry Paulo, but you are equally responsible for the situation.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So Okon got a pity gig on the panel at Fox for the Socceroos v Colombia last night....I happy he ain’t starving or nothing

style_cafe

Some good ideas here - I like the first model you described @Woollybutt - each person's opinion will be skewed to the subset of fans they represent, but they will have thoughts on overall matters.

I wouldn't expect "the forum" to count as a subset and have a representative. The aim of this site(and it may or may not be the case, but it's the aim anyway...) is to be a place for all different types of fans to voice their opinion. The fact that some people complain everyone is too positive, while others complain everyone is too negative, kind of suggests that we are on our way to reaching that goal. The early days of this site was skewed more towards active support and organising that but as that part of it branched off and went to social media, facebook, etc, the forum became a bit more of a general representation of the fans. If anyone disagrees with this bit just hit the disagree button and let me know why ;)

I totally disagree that this forum shouldn`t have some representation for the reason you have stated above
'is to be a place for all different types of fans to voice their opinion'.
We just need to find someone here who is a moderate & can put forward the general views of the people here....simple:popcorn:

style_cafe

Things are back to normal. Now there mate is out they can start bagging the club again. Now on his behalf because he can’t

Slater goes whack as Okon speaks after Mariners exit
https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...h/news-story/3fc61f1702113da303f7f432864e1d9a
What Slater says may hurt but he does speak the truth (on this occasion)
In fact over the past 5 seasons thus far Wellington have won 25% more games than us. 40 v 30
Hard to believe but true. Even the Jets have scored more wins with 37 against our 30

bikinigirl

Saw Donny Parkes at the CCLC before the game on Saturday, looked about half the Donny I remember seeing for all these years....I know everyone gets old , but geez

. had a bit of a chat to him and obviously he has not been well (i struggled to convince myself it was him when i first saw him)

. he has spent fair bit of time in hospital, had numerous operations (with at least one more to go) and has lost weight equivalent to more than half of me!

. hopefully he is on the mend but i'm sure that anybody having a chat with him will help lift his spirits ... he just may not recognise you straight away because his vision is buggered

bikinigirl

Some good ideas here - I like the first model you described @Woollybutt - each person's opinion will be skewed to the subset of fans they represent, but they will have thoughts on overall matters.

I wouldn't expect "the forum" to count as a subset and have a representative. The aim of this site(and it may or may not be the case, but it's the aim anyway...) is to be a place for all different types of fans to voice their opinion. The fact that some people complain everyone is too positive, while others complain everyone is too negative, kind of suggests that we are on our way to reaching that goal. The early days of this site was skewed more towards active support and organising that but as that part of it branched off and went to social media, facebook, etc, the forum became a bit more of a general representation of the fans. If anyone disagrees with this bit just hit the disagree button and let me know why ;)

. i'm not sure if you are being overly modest Adz but i'm surprised this hasn't caused more comment (other the Style)

. it is for these reasons that i think the forum should be represented, particularly now as it seems there will be more than one seat at the table, besides:
  • individuals have spent years building their profile on here via their opinions
  • so we would all be aware of the individuals most likely to represent our own individual views
  • you have an in-built voting mechanism (where you have the ultimate power to doctor as you see fit) :piralaugh:
  • the 'campaigning' will not be won by those with the best platform (because they would all be using the best platform) or those appealing to the lowest common denominator (no offence to those offering free ice cream, you already have the hubby's vote)

bikinigirl

. i'm not sure if you are being overly modest Adz but i'm surprised this hasn't caused more comment (other the Style)

. it is for these reasons that i think the forum should be represented, particularly now as it seems there will be more than one seat at the table, besides:
  • individuals have spent years building their profile on here via their opinions
  • so we would all be aware of the individuals most likely to represent our own individual views
  • you have an in-built voting mechanism (where you have the ultimate power to doctor as you see fit) :piralaugh:
  • the 'campaigning' will not be won by those with the best platform (because they would all be using the best platform) or those appealing to the lowest common denominator (no offence to those offering free ice cream, you already have the hubby's vote)

. but the forum can't have two seats ... because everybody would just vote for Wombles and Diblet for the entertainment value and that wouldn't be very productive :popcorn:

adz

Staff member

I guess if there was a forum representative it would need to be under these conditions;
The representative...
  • gets to pick the formation every week
  • can choose 1 outfield, and 2 bench players every week
  • chooses the pre-planned time of first sub. Happy to concede some ground here and have it multiple choice, ie [75,80,85,90] - of course this is a one-off selection that applies to all games
  • and finally gets to choose which player flips out and does something stupid to earn a few weeks off

Or ideally, there may be more than one person on the forum who wants to represent a certain 'subset' - or maybe representatives from a few subsets end up being on the forum too, eg. Active Support, Family, Dad (or mum?) who goes to to the games to escape said family, etc..

IMO anyway, if 'The Forum' is counted as a subset, then so should 'Twitter', or 'Facebook' or.... 'The Facebook Members Group'.... :vomit: (apologies if that's too negative)

Anyway, either way if this is true it's a great initiative and hopefully all the fans can be included somehow, rather than whatever happened that ended up with those bloody awful Sideshow Bob playing kits that one time...

Big Al

All good BG I’m just catering for the masses but a good leader needs to be flexible or Luke Foley might call it back flipping but I’m sure we can ditch the ice cream for Chocolate ;), although the donuts sound appealing to.

I suppose it doesn’t matter how but if someone from the forum applied, they would have a support base from here and we might feel we can share some views and they’d definitely know that 442 should be tried if they want a free massage.

We really do need to hear what the club is intending and how much time is required but it is a good initiative and it’s pleasing to have such articulate views from the forum fans. Whoever it is will give there best, while people will bag them no one will ever be 100% perfect

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Just watched on Netflix a football series about the FA/ EPL years called The Mavericks, had people like Besty, Gazza, Alan Mercer, Rod Marsh, Frank Worthington, Eric Cantona, Charlie George, Stan Bowles , Brian Clough and Ron “Chopper” Harris.....the question I have Is ,looking at that list, did or do the Mariners have any Mavericks in our history thus far.....I’m putting up Monty and Disco Nic as possibles....discuss

finally retired

a question for Sean.......what has happened between the Mariners and Central Coast Express?....there has been nothing in Friday's Express Advocate for weeks....if I wasn't constantly on here I wouldn't even know when the Mariners next game was

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred