• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Have we reached bottom yet?

Wombat

When we have the 2 worst keppers in the history of the HAL on the books...................FFS!!!!!!!!!!

LFCMariners

If nothing changes then I fear we have not reached the bottom yet. It would be nice to see this game as the turning point. Not likely if nothing is changed. We will set a record for the worst season that will never be beaten when we don’t win a game.

I hoped the aftermath of the 2015-16 season would be the turning point...

I hoped the aftermath of the final round last season against the Jest would be the turning point...

3rd time lucky?

Wombat

We have definately hit bottom.

We need a defensive coach immediately. The back 4 simply don't know how to defend.

Pearce must never play for the Mariners again.

Wombat

Okon didn't deserve any respect but agree Mulvey must be on thin ice.
You sound like you have a personal vendetta against him Youngy.

turbo

Okon didn't deserve any respect but agree Mulvey must be on thin ice.

I wasn’t on here for whatever went down but if it wasn’t for Asdrubal being a dud and our utter inability to find the net Okon could have had a much better season. The pieces were there and a decent striker was the missing one, you could see us building to something before it all fell apart because of the lack of a goal scorer. Give him the budget MM has had and we would have been playing finals.

We literally look worse in every aspect this season. If Okon doesn’t deserve respect then MM definitely doesn’t.

LFCMariners

Last seasons' squad were good enough to make the finals (I don't care what any of the haters say) but their attitude sucked. That's on Okon. His position was untenable from there on.

Thing for me is, who do we turn to when it comes to restoring the culture this club was initially built on? I see nobody on or off the field (with the exception of perhaps Matty Simon and Glinch?) who we can rely on to turn things around right now-

Lyall has gone on to other things

Lawrie has gone to the Jest (and after the way he shat on our fanbase last season, he can stay there. I never want to see him at our club again, no matter how much worse things get)

Arnie has moved on to bigger things via Sydney FC (good for him)

Hutcho is gone

Monty is gone

The Flying Dutchman is gone

Half our fanbase is gone, possibly forever

I'm well versed in the saying to be careful what you wish for (because you might actually find out what it's like to get it) but here goes:

I wish Mick Charlesworth would say "Enough" and sell this club. I wish the club would be bought by an owner (or owners) who were willing to invest the money required and make the sackings/ appointments required to return this organisation to one of the best-run outfits in the HAL, a club with great unity and solid community ties who regularly feature in the contest for silverware and pump out future Socceroos and players who end up drawing the attention of instantly recognisable European and British teams. I wish Bay 16 was full again (and pumping). I wish there was still a hearty response from the western and eastern grandstands to the "Who do we sing for?" call and response. I wish last nights' game would be something we'd laugh about one day from the other end of the league ladder. I wish all this would happen and the team would still be known as the Central Coast Mariners, wearing navy and yellow and with our picturesque waterfront stadium as its' fulltime home ground.

Whatever needs to happen for all the above to happen ASAP- I wish it would all happen.

Ancient Mariner

I cannot understand what MC is planning or how he is allowing this club and his investment deteriorate so much.

All I can think of is that he has taken his eye off the ball and hoped things could bubble along until better times (independent league) came along and he could then get interested.

Has he put the oversight that any owner should have in the hands of some EPL names who have done nothing but tell him what he wants to hear while pocketing his cash?

If he is now taking an interest himself, and if he is not incompetent, he should be able to see the state of things (FFS a bunch of ignorant fans and pundits can see) and start to act.

If he wants a decent return on his investment he must build this club up or the only return he will see is the value of a licence.

If he is going to take this club seriously he must get involved now, get some good independent LOCAL football advice, wield the axe and spill some blood.

A couple of players in January will not fix the problem, especially going on this management's past recruiting.

LFCMariners

But all who saw it will keep it in mind.

Just baffles me how this club could go from having the most stable coaching roster in the league (debut coach who wasn't the most tactically skilled or attractive, but resourceful by the bucketload), taken over by a coach working his way up to where he is now (restoring the NT). But since then, nothing but duds...

pjennings

Points in 2018

50 Sydney
42 Melbourne Victory
39 Perth
38 Melbourne City
37 Adelaide
35 Newcastle
29 Wellington
28 Brisbane
28 Western Sydney
9 Central Coast

WebZ

Last seasons' squad were good enough to make the finals (I don't care what any of the haters say) but their attitude sucked. That's on Okon. His position was untenable from there on.

Thing for me is, who do we turn to when it comes to restoring the culture this club was initially built on? I see nobody on or off the field (with the exception of perhaps Matty Simon and Glinch?) who we can rely on to turn things around right now-

Lyall has gone on to other things

Lawrie has gone to the Jest (and after the way he shat on our fanbase last season, he can stay there. I never want to see him at our club again, no matter how much worse things get)

Arnie has moved on to bigger things via Sydney FC (good for him)

Hutcho is gone

Monty is gone

The Flying Dutchman is gone

Half our fanbase is gone, possibly forever

I'm well versed in the saying to be careful what you wish for (because you might actually find out what it's like to get it) but here goes:

I wish Mick Charlesworth would say "Enough" and sell this club. I wish the club would be bought by an owner (or owners) who were willing to invest the money required and make the sackings/ appointments required to return this organisation to one of the best-run outfits in the HAL, a club with great unity and solid community ties who regularly feature in the contest for silverware and pump out future Socceroos and players who end up drawing the attention of instantly recognisable European and British teams. I wish Bay 16 was full again (and pumping). I wish there was still a hearty response from the western and eastern grandstands to the "Who do we sing for?" call and response. I wish last nights' game would be something we'd laugh about one day from the other end of the league ladder. I wish all this would happen and the team would still be known as the Central Coast Mariners, wearing navy and yellow and with our picturesque waterfront stadium as its' fulltime home ground.

Whatever needs to happen for all the above to happen ASAP- I wish it would all happen.

Fantastic post, hit the nail on the head. This is what needs fixing, old mentality means fighting mentality and winning mentality. Maybe kwasnik? Don't shoot me down for saying this but he was part of that crowd and was around in the team circles throughout our success periods.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred