• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Have we reached bottom yet?

Rowdy

$38 member, $69 non member by the looks.

Pre-season there was a deal that looks like it was $170 odd for members and $230 for non members which covered bus travel for one each of the away games v NSW clubs (Drive-bys Round 7, Smurfs R11 and Scum R15)

o_O
$38 !! charged by CCM is practically twice the price The Jets charge their loyal bogans.

We wonder why our support is suffering overall ??? :rolleyes:

Forum Phoenix

Just heard from a source I trust that McCormack played up his sore knee so he can go home for Chrissy.

He can bloody stay in the UK now. Not welcome back from this supporter.

I still don’t know how complicit the club is - given our dilemma it seems insane to me to just let your supposedly most valuable asset walk out the door and cover for them to boot - but I also can’t see how he could just pretend to the medical staff either... so offsider and Wombat are very likely right about the club being compicit either wholly or to some degree. So my apologies for that.

(Though you could still badly do with heeding the advice you’ve been getting from highly respected members on here Offsider)

Looks like I must be naive Wombat. Because I still just can’t believe the club would allow this mate.

Since the beginning, year in, year out, good and bad, I’ve supported the club. I’ve put my time, my money and my families money where my mouth us. I’m in for thick or thin, till the bitter end, because that’s my definition of what being a supporter is, but I talked 3 new bloody gold members into joining this season (which I’ve done several times before only to lose them after the horrific season we offer up) and so letting our most expensive striker piss off for Xmas has me steaming. As if McCormack hasn’t had enough bloody pudding already. o_O

How deflating for the rest of the players that must be and what a terrible example to the youngsters.

This shit has to end. Before it destroys the club once and for all.

We’ve been blaming our spending forever, but you can’t honestly blame it now, except that sooner would have been better, so maybe this isn’t the major issue at all.

Given how next level bad we are on field, the evidence instead really points towards the endless string of poor judgement.,, terrible signings, overpaying some, while for a relative pittance losing others, releasing talent like Lachie while sub standard players like Kennedy kick on, stupid contract lengths, stupid contract clauses, and mistakes like this that are truly killing us.

If Mulvey can come back from this and ressurect something from these ashes It’d be a miracle.

So when he more than likely doesn’t and we subsequently sack him and offer up our poisoned chalice anew, don’t think we can change things by just pouring some new wine on top, we have to throw out the whole bloody chalice, our clean out needs to be all but total, and the investment in the rebuild wholly committed.

We’ve been taking on water for far too long, and we’re sinking fast.

If it wasn’t for the exceptional loyalty many fans have shown and from what I can tell a few key members of ccm staff, we’d already be sunk and beyond redemption.

Drastic change is needed.

Im sorry Shaun, but even a couple of wins won’t make me feel differently. Because everything else says that they would just be a couple of false positives.

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

Just heard from a source I trust that McCormack played up his sore knee so he can go home for Chrissy.

I still don’t know how complicit the club is - given our dilemma it seems insane to me to just let your supposedly most valuable asset walk out the door and cover for them to boot - but I also can’t see how he could just pretend to the medical staff either... so offsider and Wombat are very likely right about the club being compicit either wholly or to some degree. So my apologies for that.

(Though you could still badly do with heeding the advice you’ve been getting from highly respected members on here Offsider)

Looks like I must be naive Wombat. Because I still just can’t believe the club would allow this mate.

Since the beginning, year in, year out, good and bad, I’ve supported the club. I’ve put my time, my money and my families money where my mouth us. I’m in for thick or thin, till the bitter end, because that’s my definition of what being a supporter is, but I talked 3 new bloody gold members into joining this season (which I’ve done several times before only to lose them after the horrific season we offer up) and so letting our most expensive striker piss off to for Xmas has me steaming. As if McCormack hasn’t had enough bloody pudding already. o_O

How deflating for the rest of the players that must be and what a terrible example to the youngsters.

We’ve been blaming our spending forever, but you can’t honestly blame it now, except that sooner would have been better, so maybe this isn’t the major issue at all.

Given how next level bad we are on field, the evidence instead really points towards the endless string of poor judgement.,, terrible signings, overpaying some, while for a relative pittance losing others, releasing talent like Lachie while sub standard players like Kennedy kick on, stupid contract lengths, stupid contract clauses, and mistakes like this that are truly killing us.

If Mulvey can come back from this and ressurect something from these ashes It’d be a miracle.

So when he more than likely doesn’t and we subsequently sack him and offer up our poisoned chalice anew, don’t think we can change things by just pouring some new wine on top, we have to throw out the whole bloody chalice, our clean out needs to be all but total, and the investment in the rebuild wholly committed.

We’ve been taking on water for for far too long, and we’re sinking fast.

If it wasn’t for the exceptional loyalty many fans have shown and from what I can tell a few key members of ccm staff, we’d already be sunk and beyond redemption.

Im sorry Shaun, but even a couple of wins won’t make me feel differently. Because everything else says that they would just be a couple of false positives.

FP you are a legend. Your best post yet.

I wish I had your ability, you have nailed it spot on.

This post should be printed and distributed to EVERYONE involved with Central Coast Mariners.

Ancient Mariner

I am starting to think that it is getting close to a time for the fans to challenge the powers that be in the Club and demand explanations. The bullshit has gone on for 5 years.

Forum Phoenix

I love that my best post yet has me admitting that ermm... I’m wrong and naïve.

Bout f**king time eh FP!

:piralaugh:

But I’ll take it AM.

Though it may undercut my credibility if being read far and wide. :oops:

Thanks Ancient, you’re a legend too.

Which makes you an Ancient Legend.
Which is way bloody cool :cool:

Ancient Mariner

Yep...5 seasons of the same dross.
How do you propose we challenge though?
That is the challenge. I see no use in a leagues club meeting, with MC on vid link, like in the off season. Waste of time.
Maybe a small delegation, eg Rowdy, Wombat and Forum Phoenix. They talk sense and will not take a backward step.
Who to talk to? Maybe MC face to face (better leave out Wombat ha ha), MM, the board?

Basically some way to let them know that we have seriously had enough. And to try and get some answers as to the future plans.

Wombat

Honestly guys calm down.

Todays training session was proper.................not the jovial 60 min light run arounds that prevailed before. Its like the lightbulb has switched on above the heads on Mulvey and Monty...or Pikey and Shaun were not aware of the pissweak efforts of before.

Maybe the new jock trainer has shaken them out from the slumber they were in.

Regardless, if Mulvey gets his shit together...this fairly talented squad can flourish.

Antlion

Honestly guys calm down.

Todays training session was proper.................not the jovial 60 min light run arounds that prevailed before. Its like the lightbulb has switched on above the heads on Mulvey and Monty...or Pikey and Shaun were not aware of the pissweak efforts of before.

Regardless, if Mulvey gets his shit together...this fairly talented squad can flourish.
Honestly this is not a quarter I expected to draw hope from

Wombat

Honestly this is not a quarter I expected to draw hope from

Brother,
Im commited as f**k. Been here since pre-season 1.
But i cant sugar coat and i wear my heart on my sleeve.
But positive i am....when allowed to be. I once got 16+ people to an ACL game when we got 4000 crowds and lost 5.0 i think and still i made sure everyone had a good time.
Im like FP....we try so hard to drive the support of this club but Mike's efforts white ant everything.
BUT today i saw a change............and i'm not sure it came from Muley...................but it was a beautiful sight.

Things were organised, drill equipment was pre set up. The warm up was in a big huge group and enjoyable and energetic. It just wasnt the shambolic, half arsed rubbish i was used to seeing and i drove away happy as larry.

Most importantly the players looked hungry and i loved that.

Come on you Yellow and Blue.

Forum Phoenix

Right, someone f**ked up my invite. Because I feel like I just turned up at the wrong party in fancy dress... and now I'm feeeeeeling pretty silly standing here axe in hand, covered in war paint.

Brother,
Im commited as f**k. Been here since pre-season 1.
But i cant sugar coat and i wear my heart on my sleeve.
But positive i am....when allowed to be. I once got 16+ people to an ACL game when we got 4000 crowds and lost 5.0 i think and still i made sure everyone had a good time.
Im like FP....we try so hard to drive the support of this club but Mike's efforts white ant everything.
BUT today i saw a change............and i'm not sure it came from Muley...................but it was a beautiful sight.

Things were organised, drill equipment was pre set up. The warm up was in a big huge group and enjoyable and energetic. It just wasnt the shambolic, half arsed rubbish i was used to seeing and i drove away happy as larry.

Most importantly the players looked hungry and i loved that.

Come on you Yellow and Blue.

Oh god no Wombat, now you're getting me all hopeful again.

:headbutt:

Last edited:

Stoxxo

Honestly guys calm down.

You've got me going to the game now with that!

Last edited:

Scotty

Since the beginning, year in, year out, good and bad, I’ve supported the club. I’ve put my time, my money and my families money where my mouth us. I’m in for thick or thin, till the bitter end, because that’s my definition of what being a supporter is, but I talked 3 new bloody gold members into joining this season (which I’ve done several times before only to lose them after the horrific season we offer up) and so letting our most expensive striker piss off for Xmas has me steaming. As if McCormack hasn’t had enough bloody pudding already. o_O

We’ve been taking on water for far too long, and we’re sinking fast.

FP, you are on point and on fire with this post and recent others! Motivational stuff right there. We need to get you in the changerooms before a match and rev up the boys.

Seriously, there are rusted on supporters on this forum who could motivate the team. Can someone get on the blower to Shaun and make it happen?

Holy

Right, someone f**ked up my invite. Because I feel like I just turned up at the wrong party in fancy dress... and now I'm feeeeeeling pretty silly standing here axe in hand, covered in war paint.
Na, mate, your at the right party. Just put your axe over there with my torch and pitchfork. When 'A' list guests start to feel the party's not fun anymore, there's no chance the B and C lister's are turning up.
Great post by the way.

Ancient Mariner

Honestly guys calm down.

Thanks Wombat, I needed that post.

It is worrying when FP and I start lining up with torches and pitchforks. It is true, the dark side is incredibly powerful and seductive and an easy path to follow.

See you on Sunday, no guarantee that the ageing vocal cords will last, but I can provide a loud 5 mins before needing to be subbed.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred