• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Have we reached bottom yet?

adz

Staff member
It's interesting but would love to see something written pre-Bolt. Easy to make up shit in hindsight.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Quite a few comments from people NOT happy with our ticket price$ for 'away-fans' also isn't good to hear.

Factor in our current form (or complete lack of it) - why would anyone drive up or down the freeway, let alone stump up for a plane ticket.
Yeah, $40 is disgraceful, but not unique to us. It's double what they need to be.

Forum Phoenix

Quite a few comments from people NOT happy with our ticket price$ for 'away-fans' also isn't good to hear.

Factor in our current form (or complete lack of it) - why would anyone drive up or down the freeway, let alone stump up for a plane ticket.

I guess to watch their team definitely get a win.
:oops:

Finally these 5 years make sense.

It’s all just been a very clever strategy implemented by the club to draw away fans to our home games.

MrCelery

Did you read the comments down below the article Celery ?

Found this one interesting, most likely from a Qld'r in Mulveys home state :

View attachment 1244

The 'Mulvey's blindspot for years' caught my eye :

"continually picking Athletes over more technical players"

Ring a bell anyone ???

Athletes in Qld = ' Mongrel ' on CCoast :cool:

The problem with that post is that too many of the squad are not performing like athletes (aka mongrel) OR like technical players.

We panic when pressured in all parts of the field, and rarely pressure with the same intensity when without the ball. We stand off the ball player, or simply don't mark up tight. We are easily bumped off the ball, and our 'mongrel' is rarely subtle or effective and draws the inevitable yellow or red card.

Too often the ball player has few options because the rest of the so-called 'athletic' team are flat-footed and not moving into useful space. So the result is 'hoof-and-hope'. There are rare 'purple patches' where it all comes together, but it is mostly very short-lived.

There is no doubt a huge confidence issue that is affecting teamwork at the moment. Individually there are a number of players who have the potential to be very good if the team can find it's 'mojo'.

However, after seeing all the other teams performing in the early rounds, we are waaaaay off the pace in comparison. We are stuck playing 'pre-season football', which is hardly surprising considering our pre-season looked very lightweight compared to other clubs who kicked off the season 'battle-hardened'.

Wombat

Yeah, $40 is disgraceful, but not unique to us. It's double what they need to be.

$40 is for a family of 4.
Scum are putting on coaches for $20.
The first 4000 scum members get in free with 4 bays available to them.

Lawrie is agitating for a big turn up of bogans. Claiming they took over the stadium on and off the pitch last season.

LFCMariners

$40 is for a family of 4.
Scum are putting on coaches for $20.
The first 4000 scum members get in free with 4 bays available to them.

Lawrie is agitating for a big turn up of bogans. Claiming they took over the stadium on and off the pitch last season.

They've only come out of the woodwork in the past 12 months. I remember up till the season before last we'd barely hear them up there.

He'd the same thing about us back in the day.

The fact they can't see he's Judas just shows you how stupid they are...

Rowdy

Watching The Scum in their last game v Glory @ home, there were fcuk-all people there watching the game.

Squadrunt's had barely 30 pre-pubescent's massed down at the fence comparing 'fur-patches' ... whilst the rest of their bay was empty.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Watching The Scum in their last game v Glory @ home, there were fcuk-all people there watching the game.

Squadrunt's had barely 30 pre-pubescent's massed down at the fence comparing 'fur-patches' ... whilst the rest of their bay was empty.
Wonder why given their big member base ? I mean the squadrunts have always been puny

Timmah

How much does CCM charge to get on a bus to Newy ?
$38 member, $69 non member by the looks.

Pre-season there was a deal that looks like it was $170 odd for members and $230 for non members which covered bus travel for one each of the away games v NSW clubs (Drive-bys Round 7, Smurfs R11 and Scum R15)

Timmah

Crowd was only 6k-odd. Results have gone south and as a result so has the attendance.

shipwreck

I had a look at training and finally we are taking it seriously. Ray Junna appears to have been replaced by Monty running the show and the tempo was upbeat and professional.
Everything about today's session looked good. Proper drills, proper equipment.
Forgive my ignorance, who is Ray Junna? What's he been doing, the training sessions usually?

greenlig

I had a look at training and finally we are taking it seriously. Ray Junna appears to have been replaced by Monty running the show and the tempo was upbeat and professional.
Everything about today's session looked good. Proper drills, proper equipment.
Now you're just being cruel Wombat!

JoyfulPenguin

Forgive my ignorance, who is Ray Junna? What's he been doing, the training sessions usually?
He's our other assistant coach who was signed here back at the start of pre-season:
https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/mike-mulvey-finalises-mariners-football-department
He is also currently our NYL coach, and has previously worked with the ACT Academy of Sport, AIS and as head coach of Canberra United. He most recently coached Canberra FC in the NPL ACT in 2014.

From Mark Milligan:
"I'm drawn to the mental and tactical sides of the game. That really developed when I was at the AIS. The way Ray Junna and Steve O'Connor planned things out opened my mind to how critical coaching is to dictating player performance."

He could have done other things though I can't track down anymore information about him online.

Rowdy

Junna was Head Coach of Canberra W-League side for a number of years, won a Championship I believe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred