• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Have we reached bottom yet?

Timmah

Really? Not having a dig. But I thought we were awful everywhere except the last line of defence and totally dominated.
I thought our defence was very good, which has been almost exclusively not the case all season. They only scored through a dubious penalty. I'm also pretty happy with the fact we didn't mentally fold late in the game like we seem to have a lot lately.

Tevor

I thought our defence was very good, which has been almost exclusively not the case all season. They only scored through a dubious penalty. I'm also pretty happy with the fact we didn't mentally fold late in the game like we seem to have a lot lately.
I thought there were too many occasions when a SFC player had way to much room and time, Ninkovic for example when he hit the post and then missed the rebound as well. That was nothing more than a lucky break not good defending. Had one of those shots gone in it would have been interesting.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It seems that all the crap coming to the fore about our NPL players is another new low for the club.

Ohh man, I think about all the times earlier in this thread we thought we had hit bottom - now naive were we!

Tevor

It seems that all the crap coming to the fore about our NPL players is another new low for the club.

Ohh man, I think about all the times earlier in this thread we thought we had hit bottom - now naive were we!
Agree. The season isn’t over yet, we can easily go lower.

NoDiggity

Rock bottom will be the day that Tommy H leaves the club. A player who has been in a team with one of the best strikers in the world (luis Suárez) and one of the best defenders in the world (v Van Dijk) wants to stay with a club that’s in the running to get their 3rd spoon in 4 years.

Wombat

And Vulvey thinks Melling and Jem are better players............................not in my lifetime of playing and Coaching Football.

Ancient Mariner

I am very much not a conspiracy theorist but this cycle we're experiencing of being the worst for years and getting considerably more worse is surely too ridiculous to be true.

Have the FFA told MC that if he ran the club into the ground they could justify taking his licence, he could save money, and they'd pay him out the difference? It's no secret the FFA don't really want our club here.

I doubt the FFA are that organised.

Coastalraider

I don’t think we are near the bottom yet unfortunatey.

In my mind next season will drop another level. We will drop Mulvey, as a sign from MC that he remembers he has a footy club, and as a show of faith that he cares. Again.

We will loose the small amount of quality the club has this year due to incompetent management or simply players doing whatever it takes to be somewhere else. See the loss of Millar, the mismanagement of Tom, the likely loss of Oniell, Karacan, and both juniors from Sheffield. Also see the DDS example of someone who realised what playing here would do to his career and didnwjatever it took to leave.

Due to the fact we are a poison chalice with no vision of improvement, we will not be able to sign a proven coach, who will not attract quality players. We will not spend significant money to kickstart the process and BUY a quality coach or squad, and continue our recruitment planning in the vain that ‘the Beach is nice’ and that everyone else’s squaddies would get game time with us. The problem with this is that with 2 new teams coming in over the next 2 years, the talent will have more playing options, and we will continue to be a last resort in a diluted field.

I dont think the club will survive the next few years, but I think it will continue to be a long, drawn out death.

Tevor

Agree. The season isn’t over yet, we can easily go lower.
I’m sure the best is yet to come after last night. A couple of weeks time the Scum might smash us again. It’s sad but i’m feaful of that game as I cannot handle another flogging from them.

LFCMariners

Two games CCM have played against Jest this season they put up a fair fight TBF. Lack of match fitness cost them the first time, last time out it was settled by a single goal and a controversial one to say the least...

turbo

Had a quick look at crowd figures, I think this seasons game against city was our worst crowd ever and last night came close to that as well. I’m expecting at least one more new low before the season ends. Wanderers the only game left that will bring a decent number of travelling fans.

Tevor

Next home crowd will be dismal without an uprising of some kind...
I’m thinking of not going, as long as Mulvey has a job I’m thinking of protesting and not showing up. I want us to have the worst attendance as it might make Pikey take notice. Serious doubt on renewing as well if Mulvey is here next year. Club needs to act now, the silence is damaging.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred