• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Give Nik another go

dibo

spike said:
The argument isn't whether he'd do it, the argument is that he would still be slagged by some even if he did. Nothing hypothetical about that.

It's completely hypothetical, to imagine it's not is rubbish. Look at the lionising then loathing and vice versa of Hutcho. Fans' favourite especially in 05/6, hateboy for much of 08/9 and then back to being a (grudging) fan favourite after that.

Sentiment went with performances. Nik and his more ardent supporters should be surprised that there has been this much affection after he's scored just 4 goals when over the last 5 years he's taken a squad spot and good money for a return of 13 goals in that time.

You can talk about injuries all you like, but he didn't have a re-con, he had a bruised knee, then a bruised heel, then a sore knee, then a dodgy quad... Every year but this one it seems he's been laid up for much of it with injury.

FFC Mariner

Football fans are the most fickle people on earth.

Players go from heroes to loathed during the course of a game let alone during their time with a club.

Few players maintain hero status throughout their entire stay at a club. The only 2 I suggest that we have had would be Gumps and possibly Tommy.

Even Danny gets a fair slagging from time to time (undeserved)

Then there is the antithesis of the hero, the scapegoat. (See entry under Kwasnik A, Zamora A). Regardless of what they do they are always vilified by a section of the crowd.

Theres a research project there somewhere, just need to get a grant

Forum Phoenix

FFC Mariner said:
Football fans are the most fickle people on earth.

Players go from heroes to loathed during the course of a game let alone during their time with a club.

Few players maintain hero status throughout their entire stay at a club. The only 2 I suggest that we have had would be Gumps and possibly Tommy.

Even Danny gets a fair slagging from time to time (undeserved)

Then there is the antithesis of the hero, the scapegoat. (See entry under Kwasnik A, Zamora A). Regardless of what they do they are always vilified by a section of the crowd.

lol, great post.

FFC Mariner said:

Heard rumour Holman would be approachable for said funding.

*runs for cover*
;)

FFC Mariner

No, Lolman is actually complete shit

Nik, 3 MoM's running.

Arnold will f**k him up though. Probably play him as a winger

FFC Mariner

Brilliant enough to imagine he could play the "viduka" role with 2 AM's playing just behind him.

pointless having players outside him as he cant get the ball across to them

bikinigirl

. absolutely. the wee-man is one and i would have loved travis to be the other (but i saw the kiddies game ... ditto jonno brown)

. left field suggestion would be matty ... not so much as a ball playing AM ... more as a big angry nuisance. the problem is our midfielders really struggle to hold their correct field position - hutch would probably be my preferred but kwassie could be another option. anybody seen that elrich character recently?

. oh and as it stands i cannot see a mariners team in v6 without mrdja leading the line ???

bikinigirl

. ah shit, how could i forget about bernie! he plays a lot stronger than what i would give him credit for on first sight ... certainly different to anybody else at the moment

. wee-matt could even be an option tucked in behind ... he seems to hold his position well and is willing to run at people

Wombat

bikinigirl said:
. absolutely. the wee-man is one and i would have loved travis to be the other (but i saw the kiddies game ... ditto jonno brown)

. left field suggestion would be matty ... not so much as a ball playing AM ... more as a big angry nuisance. the problem is our midfielders really struggle to hold their correct field position - hutch would probably be my preferred but kwassie could be another option. anybody seen that elrich character recently?

. oh and as it stands i cannot see a mariners team in v6 without mrdja leading the line ???

Elrich is leaving at the end of the year.  He wants to go overseas.

Roy Law

Wombat said:
bikinigirl said:

Good,so do we...

Forum Phoenix

Boom ching ;D

Great work Nik. Hopefully he's now feeling in his heart just how much better it feels to be striving and playing great football than not - and so will work his ass off to keep the hunger and continue doing so for the rest of his career. Which if he's playing like he has been last three - will hopefully be with us.

On our other strikers.
D Mac - I've wanted to believe - but sadly he just completely lacks in creation and vision. He's not inspired it looks and he plays as such.

Matty.. I've lost confidence Matty can play striker. . Some may well laugh, but I actually think he would be a terrific DM in Miles mould. Excellent work rate, can tackle well, great in the air - usually.... My father is the one who has been suggesting this since mid season. And I've been more patient... but I've now come round. He just seems to lack the touch, feet and creativity to be a striker. But we know he has a wonderful spirit and battle in him that would be a strong asset to any Hal midfield. He's almost like a developing Harnwell - Strong, spirited, defensivley sound. Not great feet, and won't be skinning anyone anytime soon, but a great header of the ball and good reader of play in the box - we've all watched his development - and as Matty gains in experience, this is very much how I see him developing.

But for now imo, we clearly need two more strikers on top of Mcbreen and a possibly resigned Nik - both of a different mould with more to their game than Matty imo.

Kwassie... striker... he can do it, but not really an out and out striker - really only when he's running been off the shoulder this year stretching the line that I've liked him - but better wide left really... though Mallia looked awesome to me last night in the yoof when he came on for Travis I think it was.

bulldogmariner

Wombat said:
bikinigirl said:

Where to?

Bex

Put Mrdja on a 2 year deal with minimum wage and a generous bonus per goal up to a cap at say 15 goals in the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred