• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Give Nik another go

Ted

kevrenor said:
adz said:
Congrats Nik marinators.net MOTM winner round 22

Bugger forgot to give my 3 and 2 to Wilko and Heff.  Nik would have got 1.  His second half was ordinary.

because the service he was getting in the first half vanished after half time in favour of the long ball routine..

pjennings

Wombat said:
Personally i'd keep Mrdja if he'll play for 100K. 

We then need a fourth striker be it under the cap or a Marquee player.

If its a Marquee then lets get someone like Billy Sharp or Jermaine Beckford.

Billy Sharp comes off contract at the end of the season. For some reason he doesn't seem to be wanted/needed at Blades though he is a Sheffield local. Since I mentioned him last October he has been on loan at Doncaster and has scored 11 goals in 17 appearances. If he isn't signed now and his scoring rate continues his wages will continue to rise.

Would love to have him here - but I think we needed the loan deal from Blades. The horse looks to have bolted.

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

dibo said:
He was very good for us last time, he's fit and he's playing well now.

But don't you remember that retaken penalty he scored against us. Running down the sideline pointing at his name, rubbing in the fact he left us for "a bigger club" infront of the people who lined up for an hour for his autograph at the members picnic day months earlier. He's a wanker, pure and simple.

Paolo

Grunta said:
dibo said:

But don't you remember that retaken penalty he scored against us. Running down the sideline pointing at his name, rubbing in the fact he left us for "a bigger club" infront of the people who lined up for an hour for his autograph at the members picnic day months earlier. He's a wanker, pure and simple.
Massive +1

Proved himself to be an utter c**t. Would not like him anywhere near he club again

Ted

Was never keen to have him here in the first place and I dislike the thought even more after that pathetic display in front of the family supporters when he joined a 'better' club.

sally

FFC Mariner said:
And? If he can score the goals to win the league, I dont give a toss TBH
It matters to me a lot. The integrity of the club/players, the community relationship and the example set to our kids is so important to me. I don't want someone like this who is happy to mock the families and the club that has supported him and who have paid out hard earned bucks to see him.

Deej

Wombat said:
Jaza_SFC said:
FFC Mariner said:
Or those 3 and a marquee?

But you then have a player at $120-$150k out of hte matchday squad? Not sure if that's the way to do it tbh.

If I was Lawrie I'd be looking to replace Mrdja with a different kind of striker, then have Kwasnik as 4th choice. If he's lucky enough to get a marquee it goes elsewhere.
Then again if I was Lawrie I wouldn't have wasted cash on McBreen, so god knows what will happen.

Whats the point as having Kwasnik as your 4th striker?  He is hopeless up front.  Someone told me he holds the HAL record for most off target shots in a season....and having spent alot of times ducking behind the goal avoiding his shots/crosses in season 1 and 2 i'm not suprised.

He also holds the record for most goals scored in a Mariners shirt, but don't let that be a factor in whether he can play up front if needed.

Deej

Paolo said:
Grunta said:
dibo said:

Massive +1

Proved himself to be an utter c**t. Would not like him anywhere near he club again

I agree - f**k him

FFC Mariner

*cough

The goals that won us the title (2nd against the sheepshaggers) and the 1st in the 4-0 in Melb could not have been scored by any other player in our squad (since inception) and few, if any in the HAL.

Jaza_SFC

You'd have Kwasnik as 4th choice CF as it then means you only need 3 forwards. That means you can spend more money on those three and get better quality. As 4th choice CF and 2nd/3rd choice WM he's a pretty handy player tbh.

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
*cough

The goals that won us the title (2nd against the sheepshaggers)

Wank.

Tommy P's against Melbourne earlier in the season to win the game was far superior and hit with a better technique.  Kwasnik flukes the occasional wonder goal and people jizz all over it, forgetting the shit he churns out the rest of the time.  And we're not really gonna have the "this goal won us the title" argument again, are we??

Not to mention he f*cked off to Wellington then came running back when it didn't work out.

marinermick

Paolo said:
Grunta said:
dibo said:

Massive +1

+2, proved what a c**t he was with his goal celebration against us last season

dibo

TBF - was OS at the time of the celebration thing and while I heard about that I'd completely forgotten about it. Forgetting about the 'big club' comments, that's just me being hopeless.

Yeah, f**k him then.

bikinigirl

FFC Mariner said:
and the 1st in the 4-0 in Melb could not have been scored by any other player in our squad (since inception) and few, if any in the HAL.

. nah he has gone soft

. reckon he could have scored a similar goal on the weekend if he had only chosen to dislocate his knee again (for the good of the team you understand) ... soft i tells ya :p

dibo

SMH - Time running out as Mrdja chases some career goals
SEBASTIAN HASSETT
January 15, 2010

Rescue mission ... Nik Mrdja is playing for a new contract. Photo: Anthony Johnson
CENTRAL COAST Mariners have five matches left to save their season, and foundation striker Nik Mrdja admits he has five matches left to save his career.

Mrdja, 31, is one of A-League's most powerful and deadliest strikers on his day but a series of debilitating injuries have prevented him from fulfilling anything like the potential he offered when he first signed for the club five years ago.

The Mariners have had all sorts of problems in attack this season, their goal difference saved only by successive four-goal victories over Melbourne Victory and North Queensland in November. In the subsequent seven matches, the Mariners claimed just two points, and dropped from third to eighth on the table.

Nothing seems to be going right for the Gosford club but things might be about to turn around for the out-of-contract Mrdja as his career reaches a critical juncture.

''This situation will happen to every footballer in their career, and that's where I've found myself right now,'' Mrdja said yesterday. ''I've got these last five games to prove myself to get a contract. That's just what happens in this job, but I'm not injured and I'm in the team, so I've got a chance. Now it's up to me to take it.

''There's no one out there in the whole league who's hungrier than me, to be honest. I've missed out on a lot of football, and this is my big opportunity. There's only five weeks if we don't make the finals so I'm hoping to string a together a few games and a few goals.''

Mrdja scored in just the third minute of last weekend's match against the Fury, with his fourth goal of the season - he is two behind club leading scorer Matt Simon - enough to secure a starting berth for Friday night's trip to Adelaide.

Coach Lawrie McKinna hasn't always been generous when it come to giving opportunities to Mrdja, but so long as he keeps scoring, he'll almost certainly stay in the team.

''There's pressure from everywhere. I've got pressure to keep my spot, to score, to get a new contract and to help the team win but I don't mind that,'' Mrdja said. ''You often find it brings out the best in you. But at the same time, it's nice to know that you're secure with a contract, and that allows you to relax and go out with nothing in your head except a total focus on the game. I don't have that luxury at the moment.

''These next few weeks are very big for me. They'll probably show what type of person I am.''

Should the Mariners release Mrdja, the big question hanging over the former Socceroo is his physical condition, even if the player himself insists he ''hasn't felt this good in years''.

''I think everyone knows I've had a few injuries over the years but I know in myself I've still got a lot to give,'' Mrdja said. ''My surgeon [who operated on Mrdja's knee] has said those three years I missed are years that could actually extend my career because there's not a lot of wear and tear. The only problem has been my quad muscle but apart from that I'm feeling terrific.''

Mrdja has been in and out of the senior team this year as McKinna searches for a full-time partner to Simon, with Adam Kwasnik and Dylan Macallister also in the mix.

Asked if he'd been given a fair run, the former Perth Glory striker replied: ''That's a big question. I'd better not say the wrong thing or I might get into trouble. I suppose it's just one of those things where there's four strikers for two positions.''

Meanwhile, future Mariners' recruit Daniel McBreen has signed a short-term contract with Perth after being released by North Queensland, with Jimmy Downey heading the other way. Scottish midfielder Steven McGarry has also signed on with Perth for the rest of the campaign.

FFC Mariner

''These next few weeks are very big for me. They'll probably show what type of person I am.''

Brave words that may well come back to bite him on the ass.

Forum Phoenix

If he gets us into the six, he will have earned his salary this year as far as I'm concerned.

Would make a nice change ;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred