• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA 09/10 thread

Which one will you be getting?

• Fifa 09

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pes 09

• Neither

• Both

• Undecided

• Total voters

priorpeter

I'd love to get FIFA09, but will be wating till i get a PS3.. i think on PS2 they use the same match engine on FIFA09 as they did on 07 - so i dont see the point.

Kareem

priorpeter said:
I'd love to get FIFA09, but will be wating till i get a PS3.. i think on PS2 they use the same match engine on FIFA09 as they did on 07 - so i dont see the point.
thanks- thats one of the things I was worried about. But on the + side they will have upgraded features + improved career mode etc. Just not much in gameplay area...

I dunno if it is worth it to get a ps3...how much they going for nowadays
maybe get an Xbox360- cheaper?
I just need a next gen console- but i usually dont play anything except football really (although playin NFS Carbon lately)

~Floss~

Initial impressions of Fifa09 on X360 are that some of the AI issues / tactics and positional play etc. seem to have improved compared to 08.

Having said that, i will no doubt start to find a few things annoying once I have been playing it for a while.

One new feature i found interesting was that when you create a player you can choose "commentary name" from a list of names the commentator will say during the game. However it would be good if you could apply these to existing players in the "edit player" mode, but you can't. eg. names like Wilkinson, Miller, Thompson... there should be no reason why the commentator doesn't say them.

priorpeter

Kareem said:
priorpeter said:
thanks- thats one of the things I was worried about. But on the + side they will have upgraded features + improved career mode etc. Just not much in gameplay area...

I just need a next gen console- but i usually dont play anything except football really (although playin NFS Carbon lately)

i'd say it would be worth shelling out for a ps3. Ebay might have some going cheap, otherwise you could look at some interest free payment things at JB or something if you dont really want to part with the money up front. alternatively, you could wait till post-xmas sales and get one on sale - if you can wait that long...

Carbon - good fun that one. I managed to get hold of a chipped X-Box with carbon on it.

Kareem

priorpeter said:
Kareem said:
priorpeter said:

i'd say it would be worth shelling out for a ps3. Ebay might have some going cheap, otherwise you could look at some interest free payment things at JB or something if you dont really want to part with the money up front. alternatively, you could wait till post-xmas sales and get one on sale - if you can wait that long...

Carbon - good fun that one. I managed to get hold of a chipped X-Box with carbon on it.
hmmm
post xmas sales- thats so long away but porbably sensible. especially with uni exams coming up...

yer i got through most of Carbon in 2 days but i am now up to racing Darius and cant beat him in canyon duel...i got a mclaren- yew!

crooksey

RADINHO said:
Where's Football Manager 2009? ;)
due out mid november i believe...guess they hold off so long as to get teams tactics and formations all sorted but does seem very late to release it with the season 3-4 months old by release

Kareem said:
I thought it would be good to start up a topic Fifa 09 vs Pes 09

I will be brutally honest here
Before this year IMHO PES >>> FIFA

Previous main difference- FIFA owned in career mode (with proper formats, 2nd divisions, licences etc.) but PES owned in Gameplay

This year it seems that PES has stuck with dodgy Masterleague fromat which was awesome (in 2004 against the early career mode in FIFA).
Gameplay is said to be slightly PES>FIFA from Pes demo...
Player Graphics PES>FIFA although for a PS2 user like me its not that big a deal (either way graphics will be crap compared to nextgen).

A couple of things that I not happy about
FIFA
1) No bernabeu?!?
Wat the? One of the best stadiums/atmospheres in world?
2) Robinho where is he? IN demo he is in Madrid but I am hoping him + other transfer deadline players will be transferred for actual game?
3) No Vukovic + Mariners with crap rating
4) UEFA CL (Pro Evo has rights)- wat do you do in Career mode for CL?

Pro Evo
1) Lack of improvement esp. still same old MasterLeague (our version of Career mode)

Feel free to talk about it and say wat you feel but dont be all
FIFa > PES - THE END.
Explain it (+ also somebody pls answer 4))
-
IMHO Pes 6 (2007 version) > FIFA08 (PES 2008 doesnt deserve to get a mention)
but Fifa09 is starting to sway me...
fifa this year is purely based around improved gameplay and be-a-pro season mode (next gen anyway)...sure there are still some issues and what not but gameplay has imo improved greatly

in answer to your questions,

1) no bernabeu due to large cost of licensing as far as i know however i thought it was on ps2 as it uses the od engine and hence they already had it created from previous seasons...on the plus side though next-gen has introduced 15 new stadiums thos year
2) all transfers are up to date
3) the vukovic one is strange but understandable as they have revamped the a-league on fifa so that the squad restrictions and playoffs etc are all correct hence bosnich is included as at the time of release he had replaced vukovic in our squad...and unlike football manager fifa has yet to implement loans and short term contracts being present at the start of manager mode etc...however come january update i would say vukovic will be added into the game
as for mariners ratings what else were you expecting...when barely anyone else rkns we're a good team how are we magically going to have good ratings on fifa...that and the researchers for fifa aren't the greatest imo but i'm not that fussed with our ratings still a big improvement on last years
4) PES does have CL rights but that means shit all really...in fifa manager mode you just play in europe under a generic name such as European Cup/European Trophy etc

PES is really starting to die off now with no improvements and way too arcadey and when combined with minimal licensing and FIFA really starting to improve gameplay engines why would you poss buy PES???

Kareem

crooksey said:
PES is really starting to die off now with no improvements and way too arcadey and when combined with minimal licensing and FIFA really starting to improve gameplay engines why would you poss buy PES???
+1
I cant believe it, I am just shocked at how PES has been in last 2 years
Pes 5 (2006 version) was unbelievable and is rated by many the best ever football game (taking it to account standards at time).
Pes 6 (my version) barely improved but IMO was still slightly better than FIFA07 and possibly 08 with PES2008 not even a serious effort IMO.
And it seems same for this year except FIFA09 seems to have finally come good.

CCM-JAM80

Thanks scottmac.

I will sit tight I guess before starting Manager Mode taking over the reigns of Lawrie :D

p.s. With Adidas league did you sign up for in terms of the free weekly update? Mine was the EPL.

scottmac

Suspended
yeah i went epl too, although i dont think i'm gonna like it. Cahill played brilliant since his return he got a red card and they dropped his form something like 7 points. i suppose its only somebody's opinion of form. frustrating.

mariners4ever

~Floss~ said:
One new feature i found interesting was that when you create a player you can choose "commentary name" from a list of names the commentator will say during the game. However it would be good if you could apply these to existing players in the "edit player" mode, but you can't. eg. names like Wilkinson, Miller, Thompson... there should be no reason why the commentator doesn't say them.
doesnt look its on ps2  :( :mad:

marinermick

blame jaza for any ratings

and for the amount of shit we have copped on him lately it is no wonder that we get downgraded

Jimmy

I was playing FIFA 09 the other night, Be a pro game with Simons up front, 1-1 in the 89th minute against Newcastle, make a break thru their back line, one on one with the keeper, then suddenly the ball is taken from my feet by the ether and it travelled back to elrich on the wing, who decided to have a shot and cost us two points.

At first I thought that i accidentally passed it or something, but i watched the replay over and over, and the ball decided where it wanted to go, its happened twice now.

Apart from that, I'm loving it, the AI is so much better than 08 it's not funny.

Also played a demo of PES2009.
As its been said, i think PES has losts its way, keep playing PES5.

Kareem

Today I played full fifa09 on ps3 at GAME at Erina.
Liverpool vs Valencia and then vs Man Utd
then Mariners vs Newcastle (stupid, got a red card in like 12 th min of game in like a 30 min game)
Passing- Fifa09>>>Pes6
Refereeing- Pes 6 and Fifa08> >>>>>>>> Fifa09
Absolute terrible- bad advantages (ie. calling freekicks when there was an advantage and also giving advantage when there was none!)

However tbh it makes it more realistic :p (esp. in A-lague in game :p)

Hard to score for me atm but thats expected.

btw I bought fifa09 on ps2 today ($39) from EB games Erina and I will give it a go after dinner GW

Cant wait to take Simon + Jedinak through be a pro mode :D

Honkee

Has anyone been randomly red carded for no reason while playing the be a pro mode?

I scored a goal then straight after the replay i was getting carded, play had not even restarted

marinermick

Bought it today for PS3.

Played the Jets and lost 3-0. I knew it wasn't a very realistic game as Zura grabbed a brace and Griffiths didn't dive. Then I knew it was really far-fetched when Holland was having an impact on the game.

Kareem

marinermick said:
Bought it today for PS3.

Played the Jets and lost 3-0. I knew it wasn't a very realistic game as Zura grabbed a brace and Griffiths didn't dive. Then I knew it was really far-fetched when Holland was having an impact on the game.
lol at Zura- he is soooo good in game
As if!
He plays awesome...but not in real life

scottmac

Suspended
Kareem said:
marinermick said:
Bought it today for PS3.

lol at Zura- he is soooo good in game
As if!
He plays awesome...but not in real life

They would have got his numbers from his earlier exploits in Ecuador. Doesn't say much for football in Ecuador does it? Is the guy homesick? not used to physical football? or is he just crap? I'm going for the latter.

CCM-JAM80

The non-ability to edit players freely is so fugging annoying.

The ratings of the Mariners is almost a game killer. I will persist however.

The game itself is growing on me. I suck against some of the killer online guys who are 3-0 against me albeit using  ***** teams like Barcelona, Chelsea etc. Playing the CPU is a challenge let alone you younger types who have the "stick skillz" lol

Some of the small things impress me most. The animation whereby players will raise their hand for players off-side and the like. Sweet feature. Small, but nice.

The graphics of some of the star players is awesome. Beckham for instance and his neck tattoo - awesome.

~Floss~

CCM-JAM80 said:
The non-ability to edit players freely is so fugging annoying.

Yes, for example I want to edit Steve Corica's hair colour because it's black in the game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred