• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA 09/10 thread

Which one will you be getting?

• Fifa 09

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pes 09

• Neither

• Both

• Undecided

• Total voters

Sacko

I've downloaded the Fifa 09 demo for the PS3 and played a couple of games last night.
I'll be downloading PES (which I've never played) over the weekend...

Razorback

The be a pro season mode is unbelievable!!! Be your self or a an actual player and your performance is assessed every game. It's great, the team plays around you and if your performances are up to scratch you can get a national team call up. I got my first socceroo cap last night as Jedinak... I was so proud and I had tears in my eyes haha. The funny thing is Pim gave me number 67 to wear...WTF

CCM-JAM80

Just a quick question (probably showing how anal I can be with sporting sims), do our keepers wear the black strip or are the branded with the generic strips afforded to the smaller teams? (I probably just answered my own question though confirmation would be great).

As for the never ending PES vs FIFA debate - STFU. Seriously.

We all have a preference, personally, the fact that EA serves all the big leagues and all the players names sees me annually purchase their title. FIFA is still a little behind in some facets, though 08 was a massive improvement and I read that 09 is an improvement again.

I am picking up the game this afternoon and I am looking forward to playing as the virtual Central Coast Mariners.

It's disappointing to read Danny is not in the squad - I mean WTF!??!?!?! We will amend that ASAP with the create a player feature.

Kareem

I thought it would be good to start up a topic Fifa 09 vs Pes 09

I will be brutally honest here
Before this year IMHO PES >>> FIFA

Previous main difference- FIFA owned in career mode (with proper formats, 2nd divisions, licences etc.) but PES owned in Gameplay

This year it seems that PES has stuck with dodgy Masterleague fromat which was awesome (in 2004 against the early career mode in FIFA).
Gameplay is said to be slightly PES>FIFA from Pes demo...
Player Graphics PES>FIFA although for a PS2 user like me its not that big a deal (either way graphics will be crap compared to nextgen).

A couple of things that I not happy about
FIFA
1) No bernabeu?!?
Wat the? One of the best stadiums/atmospheres in world?
2) Robinho where is he? IN demo he is in Madrid but I am hoping him + other transfer deadline players will be transferred for actual game?
3) No Vukovic + Mariners with crap rating
4) UEFA CL (Pro Evo has rights)- wat do you do in Career mode for CL?

Pro Evo
1) Lack of improvement esp. still same old MasterLeague (our version of Career mode)

Feel free to talk about it and say wat you feel but dont be all
FIFa > PES - THE END.
Explain it (+ also somebody pls answer 4))
-
IMHO Pes 6 (2007 version) > FIFA08 (PES 2008 doesnt deserve to get a mention)
but Fifa09 is starting to sway me...

ticker

I have been a PES fan in the past, but bought FIFA 09 mainly because i didnt have any football games for my Xbox 360.

I think i still prefer PES, but overall theres not much difference. I just like having a few mates over for beers and a few competitive matches, with lots of sledging.

FIFA 09 on Xbox live is pretty cool too.

CCM-JAM80

Robinho is on the bench for Man City.

I will post more thought tonight. I am going to fire up the PS3 when the missus heads out for Hen's night and get online before posting too much.

First impressions are as expected. Not too much has changed visually though there are subtle changes to some of the  animations in game. I like the fact the smaller players like Robinho control differently to say a Peter Crouch.

The goal keeper AI is improved I have noticed too.

The Mariners were ripped a new one in terms of ratings. I am not sure how Bozza is a lowly 61 (or is it 60?). I will be editing his rating as well as creating Danny who will be the top rated keeper in the A-League when I am done.

All in all, thus far, I am happy with the game.

I really look forward to online play and the new Adidas Live feature (I will be choosing the EPL there as my free update).

Who are going to be using in the game?

I will be using; CC Mariners, Leeds United and LA Galaxy.

scottmac

Suspended
Kareem, Pro Evo does not have the rights to CL. Otherwise they would be flogging in to the hilt.

Gameplay is not better in PES, infact it feels very arcade where as FIFA feels simulation.

As has been said before, all player transfers will be fixed with downloadable (not a word i know) squad files so missing players such as Danny etc will be corrected.

And finally why play these games on a PS2? They are designed for nextgen consoles and you will be playing an inferior product. If you dont update your console, stick with PES 06.

CCM-JAM80, I use the Mariners, Everton & FC Nurenburg. Online play rocks although you play against Man u every second game. The only disappointment i have with online is the ease with which you can score from halfway off kickoffs. Have had it done to me three times in one day. This is the only thing i think needs fixing at the moment, i might find something else as the days go by.

scottmac

Suspended
CCM-JAM80 said:
Just a quick question (probably showing how anal I can be with sporting sims), do our keepers wear the black strip or are the branded with the generic strips afforded to the smaller teams? (I probably just answered my own question though confirmation would be great).

As for the never ending PES vs FIFA debate - STFU. Seriously.

We all have a preference, personally, the fact that EA serves all the big leagues and all the players names sees me annually purchase their title. FIFA is still a little behind in some facets, though 08 was a massive improvement and I read that 09 is an improvement again.

I am picking up the game this afternoon and I am looking forward to playing as the virtual Central Coast Mariners.

It's disappointing to read Danny is not in the squad - I mean WTF!??!?!?! We will amend that ASAP with the create a player feature.

No need! It will be fixed by EA when the next squad download is available. Besides you cant play online with anything but the online squad file.

Kareem

scottmac said:
Kareem, Pro Evo does not have the rights to CL. Otherwise they would be flogging in to the hilt.

Gameplay is not better in PES, infact it feels very arcade where as FIFA feels simulation.
1. Yes, Pro Evo does have exclusive CL rights (kind of a watse considering they dont have a lot of other more important licences)
http://news.softpedia.com/news/PES-2009-Has-Exclusive-Rights-to-UEFA-Champions-League-93516.shtml
is just one of several sites saying it!

2. I dont know. Gameplay of PES is pretty good compared to FIFA in previous years.

Looks like it will cost $40 for me (FIFA) but it has to be better in gammeplay then Pes 6 (2007 version) on PS2 console which is looking to be the deciding factor (I will return it if it aint better...it was better gameplay than pes6 on ps3 demo at Erina)

serious14

I do believe that Bear's left nut is greater than his beard AC........

FIFA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PES since ANY version.  PES is arcadey garbage.

scottmac

Suspended
Kareem said:
1. Yes, Pro Evo does have exclusive CL rights (kind of a watse considering they dont have a lot of other more important licences)
http://news.softpedia.com/news/PES-2009-Has-Exclusive-Rights-to-UEFA-Champions-League-93516.shtml
is just one of several sites saying it!

Hmm, first i've heard of that. Probably will get a spot in master league. Still not worth playing arcade shite but. Wonder if they fixed the online dramas of 08?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred