• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA 09/10 thread

Which one will you be getting?

• Fifa 09

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pes 09

• Neither

• Both

• Undecided

• Total voters

Razorback

Just bought FIFA 09 on Xbox 360 and I have to say it looks fantastic.

Two problems though...

1.) We are only regarded as a One star team. Scum, Bling, Tards and Commies are all one and a half star teams... So in other words we are on par will Perth, Meow and the Nix... Please

2.) Danny Vukovic is no where to be seen... We have 3 keepers, Redmayne, Nash and Bozza. WTF where is Danny.

Kareem

Nobody rates us and we dont care!

although it makes Fifa09 less attractive thats for sure-
how on earth is Scum ahead of us???

I made the decision this morning to buy Fifa09 from EB (next week) and if I dont like it then return it (this was after spending 1 hour on demo in Erina - GAMES).
I dont even know if I should bother.
Note: That was going to be my conversion to Fifaism!

Razorback

skilbeck said:
you can edit the players though cant you?

Not sure yet? The game play is very impressive though. Definate improvement on 08 plus you can select a player and play the season as that player. Sounds good but I haven't got to that just yet, but rest assured I'm gonna be Jedinak. Started a Manager career mode an just pumped the scum 5 zip. :eek:verhead: I love being a teacher and can't see myself leaving the sofa for the rest of the holidays  :eek:verhead:

Kareem

a teacher?
cool- here I was feeling a bit old (18) playing video games.
but tbh Soccer on the console is different to rest of games eg. RPG's etc.!
;)

Razorback

Flash said:
What is Jedinak's rating in the game and is he our highest rated player?

61 its a joke!!!!! Should be 70+ IMO considering Aloisi has a rating 70. Elrich is apparently our best player 64 rating. Matt Simon is 55 and Caceras 58 are the other shock ratings plus Bozza 61

scottmac

Suspended
Razorback said:
Flash said:
What is Jedinak's rating in the game and is he our highest rated player?

61 its a joke!!!!! Should be 70+ IMO considering Aloi$i has a rating 70. Elrich is apparently our best player 64 rating. Matt Simon is 55 and Caceras 58 are the other shock ratings plus Bozza 61

Ratings mean nothing, i played AC milan & Man u with the mariners last night and lost 4 - 3 and won 5 - 3 respectively on fifa 08, online is where its at. Whats the online gameplay like?

scottmac

Suspended
Razorback said:
Just bought FIFA 09 on Xbox 360 and I have to say it looks fantastic.

Two problems though...

1.) We are only regarded as a One star team. Scum, Bling, Tards and Commies are all one and a half star teams... So in other words we are on par will Perth, Meow and the Nix... Please

2.) Danny Vukovic is no where to be seen... We have 3 keepers, Redmayne, Nash and Bozza. WTF where is Danny.

The only reason we were a 1 1/2 star team in 08 was Aloisi. Its just a personal opinion of the teams strengths, a marquee player or overseas players will bump that rating up. Doesn't mean we wont win the premiership this year!!

scottmac

Suspended
Razorback said:
Aloi$i isn't in Fifa08 and we were a one star team in that version as well

Not after the transfer deadline update. He was included as was Ceccoli and we were 1 1/2 stars. To this day i still have to play with the prick in the mariners lineup, but i have taken to subbing him out for Matty

scottmac

Suspended
Razorback said:
LOL I didn't realise that they release two versions... Trasnfer the c**t
Its not a different version they just update the squads to reflect transfers in real time. After Jan transfer deadline they will have a new squad file to download which reflects all transfers made. On the PS3 you have to have that file to play online which is the reason i cant get rid of the bastard, until i go down to EB's to get 09!

Jimmy

Are you talking about PS2 or PS3?

Cause we were rated lower in FIFA 08 on PS2, but on PS3, we were one of the highest rated A-league teams.

Just wait til the downloadable patch comes out, and all the little details will be fixed up.

Kareem

scottmac said:
Razorback said:
Its not a different version they just update the squads to reflect transfers in real time. After Jan transfer deadline they will have a new squad file to download which reflects all transfers made. On the PS3 you have to have that file to play online which is the reason i cant get rid of the bastard, until i go down to EB's to get 09!
so u cant transfer players thru game???
I know its not practical to do all transfers but wat about the major ones/ your team's ones?

scottmac

Suspended
Kareem said:
scottmac said:
Razorback said:
so u cant transfer players thru game???
I know its not practical to do all transfers but wat about the major ones/ your team's ones?

You don't need to, EA do it for you and you download a new team file of all the transfers. I take it you are playing a PS2?

Omni

No Aussie Stadia in the game - alas, just have to wait to EA Sports FIFA World Cup 2022.

I enjoy the FIFA games, this one looks pretty good. Any international tournaments/management in this one?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred