• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA say no to jets GF.

serious14

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4449

Seriously everyone, go read that.    That just says it all about the small minded ineptness of Newcastle fans - honestly, this became a non issue for any sensible supporter earlier in the year, yet these stubborn bogans are all "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, we want to host the grand final that we're not even in yet blah blah blah".

Once we've stuffed them by 8pm on the 10th February then all this will go away.  Thank f*ck says I.

Andy

Not a surprise.

FFA Articles
Hyundai A-League Grand Final confirmed for Sydney
Friday, 25 January 2008

Telstra Stadium_Galaxy
A full ANZ (formerly Telstra) Stadium for the Sydney FC and LA Galaxy match in November
Getty Images / Mark Kolbe Getty Images

Football Federation Australia (FFA) confirmed today that the Hyundai A-League 2008 Grand Final will be held in Sydney, at either ANZ Stadium or Sydney Football Stadium.

Our priority is to ensure that those who want to see the Grand Final do not miss out due to the stadium being too small, said CEO of FFA, Ben Buckley.

We had sell-out crowds in Sydney and Melbourne at the Grand Finals in the first two years of the Hyundai A-League and I do not want the situation where people are locked-out of the game.

The two teams vying for a springboard into the Hyundai A-League 2008 Grand Final on Sunday 24 February, Central Coast Mariners and Newcastle Jets, only have stadium capacity of 20,000 and 26,000 respectively.

We anticipate that each of these clubs will provide 20,000 supporters for the Grand Final.

If we were to keep the Grand Final at either of their home grounds, it would leave little or no capacity for supporters of the opposing team, or the many thousands of Hyundai A-League fans who just want to be part of the biggest game of the year.

Buckley also said it is not unusual for sport to have neutral venues for marquee games.

The FA Cup, the NFL Superbowl, the NRL Grand Final and the AFL Grand Final are notable examples.

We believe the Hyundai A-League Grand Final, as the most important game of the year in the competition, should be given the status it deserves and thats what were doing.

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=21235

brett

Why won't they say where they will hold it in the various situations?

I believe any GF should be at ANZ or people will be locked out like he says.

dibo

brett said:

will depend if sydney's still in the running, if they are, then ANZ it is i reckon. if not, they'll probably do it at the SFS.

ANZ is much easier to get to i reckon, and the precinct is easier to keep secure in case of...

[cough]

shenanigans etc...

split the fans up, yellows to the brewery, shit-browns down to the grassy area. set specific ends for the home and away supporters and properly segregate them.

exit is much easier to manage as well, especially with direct services. set up the two platforms as one being for one set of fans, the other for the other set.

brett

dibo said:
brett said:

will depend if sydney's still in the running, if they are, then ANZ it is i reckon. if not, they'll probably do it at the SFS.

ANZ is much easier to get to i reckon, and the precinct is easier to keep secure in case of...

[cough]

shenanigans etc...

split the fans up, yellows to the brewery, shit-browns down to the grassy area. set specific ends for the home and away supporters and properly segregate them.

exit is much easier to manage as well, especially with direct services. set up the two platforms as one being for one set of fans, the other for the other set.

Makes it easier to avoid friendly fire when throwing stuff too.

Deej

Andy said:
Not a surprise.

will be an interesting train trip if we were to play Newcastle......wonder if the FFA thought of that?

FFC Mariner

DJ said:
Andy said:
Not a surprise.

will be an interesting train trip if we were to play Newcastle......wonder if the FFA thought of that?

You are expecting trains??? This is NSW you know, no doubt shitty rail are madly scheduling trackworks.

dibo

Greenpoleffc said:
DJ said:
Andy said:
Not a surprise.

You are expecting trains??? This is NSW you know, no doubt shitty rail are madly scheduling trackworks.

you know it's a funny thing - buses would almost make things easier in terms of getting people directly to and from the ground. set up different pick up/drop off points, you could isolate the football supporters from general travellers, the stopping patterns are easy to control...

it costs a lot, but might actually cost less than running football specials. you'd just have to work out how many buses we're talking about.

brett

Let's go for minimums, which for CCM vs Jets I would say at least 5,000 catching public transport to the game for each team.

5,000 divided by approx 50 on a bus, is 100 buses.

Probably looking at a few hundred k $ at least.

Alicia

So far no trackwork;

Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 February
Bankstown Line (weekend)
Buses replace trains between Liverpool and Bankstown.
Inner West Line (weekend)
Buses replace trains between Liverpool and Lidcombe via Regents Park.
South Line (weekend)
Buses replace trains between Glenfield and Granville.

dibo

brett said:
Let's go for minimums, which for CCM vs Jets I would say at least 5,000 catching public transport to the game for each team.

5,000 divided by approx 50 on a bus, is 100 buses.

Probably looking at a few hundred k $ at least.

yeah, football specials have to be the goer then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred