• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA say no to jets GF.

Omni

curious said:
brett said:
curious said:
It is also advantages to CC in dollar terms to be held in front of a crowd likley to be double or even triple that of home.

Have you been listening? Sorry to sound harsh but the whole point of this GF saga is that the FFA control the finals and take all the gate earnings at each game.
Obviously no. Can you or any other kind & helpfull individual point me to a source that has the finals/Gf financial arrangments/regulations in detail?

The best of a quote I can do is:
The selection of venues for Hyundai A-League Finals Series matches will occur in consultation with the Hyundai A-League. (from http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_rules)

However as someone who has worked matchdays for three seasons, I can assure you that the A-League Finals Series are a Football Federation Australia event and not a Central Coast Mariners FC event, like the rest of the A-League & Pre-Season Cup, this means that the FFA take the gate reciepts and also have to pay the bills, so they pay for security and pay for ground rental and for any other fees incurred. Obviously given this, it is their decision on the venue for ANY games in the finals series.

Sean

Pete said:
forzamariners said:
Jolly_Roger said:
If it was a CCM & Jets GF played at ANZ, could you imagine the train ride to the game.................The losing team supporters would need to have thick skin on the way home............
and baseball bats

Both the trains heading home and the train station at Olympic Park, would have to be heavily policed. Given the design at Olympic Park Station could CityRail and the Police get their act together and have a separate station for each set of fans, and different trains for different supporters?

Is it possible to have express servcies running straight to Olympic Park? For example, can we get express trains that start at Newcastle and run express through the Central Coast then onto Olympic Park, and express trains that start at say Wyong and go all stops into Woy Woy then express to Olympic Park (thus giving better separation of the supporters)?

Cityrail provides express trains for the Central Coast people headed to the Big Day Out, which is an event catering for 50,000 patrons.
Could they provide the same for a GF at ANZ? lets hope so.
Also if it is a CCM vs NJ GF, they must have a good hard look at the security of the transport for fans headed to the game.

Auburn Mariner

There used to be a train called "The River" that went from Wyong-St Mary's DIRECT, so yes, trains can go from the Hunter and from the Coast straight to Olympic Park station.

If it an F3 GF (I wish!!!), then I would propose services from:

1. the Upper Hunter to Broadmeadow, change for electric trains out of Newcastle, last pick-up stop Morisset, then Olympic Park.

2. Wyee, all to Woy Woy, then Hornsby, Epping (can't forget you, can we, Kevrenor & Marconi??) then Olympic Park.

After the game, we go to the left, them to the right, and there you have it. Public transport sorted.

BTW, unbelievably, the ONLY weekend trackwork scheduled for the CC-Hunter Inter-Urban line is the weekend of the Preliminary Final, which we will not be participating in. Feb 24 is scheduled for normal services. Excellent!!

kevrenor

Greenpoleffc said:
Train straight through to West Ryde and walk through the park.

About 15 mins
I think you mean Concord West - yes alright for you but not much good for little ones and us old ones - and it would mean more chance of mixing with Scum in unsecured parkland.

Bear

kevrenor said:
Greenpoleffc said:

About 15 mins
- and it would mean more chance of mixing with Scum in unsecured parkland.

I fail to see any problem with this...

FFC Mariner

Bearinator said:
kevrenor said:
Greenpoleffc said:

About 15 mins
- and it would mean more chance of mixing with Scum in unsecured parkland.

I fail to see any problem with this...

Me either. It also shaves ages off the journey.

Parking in Newington (near the jail) and walking down the hill is another goody too.

C

curious

I see the jest are calling for a CC/Jest boycott of the GF.  :headbutt:
Now that's cutting off your nose to spit your face. 

FFC Mariner

curious said:
I see the jest are calling for a CC/Jest boycott of the GF.  :headbutt:
Now that's cutting off your nose to spit your face. 

How can people so dumb use a PC ???

Maybe if they were a little less insular, their cesspit of a town might have progressed out of the 1950's

dru

cruiser said:
dibo said:
if you're up for a slice of trolling (as i am, in my more than drunken state), then heres the spot.

;) :piralaugh:
hmmm, maybe you went a little overboard over there. You wouldnt appreciate any of them coming here and posting the way you did.

I got to the third page of that and I'm embarrassed by what was posted on those pages. sorry but that wasn't needed or called for.

dibo

yeah, was a little over the top. celebrations gone OB. apologies to you folks!  :-[

fedelta

From the SMH today:

Football Federation Australia is expected to announce today it's ruling that both Bluetongue and EnergyAustralia stadiums are not big enough to host the title decider on Februaury 24. Depending on the match-up, either Sydney Football Stadium or the Olympic stadium at Homebush will be the venue for the biggest game of the year.
It's believed the Mariners are happy with the arrangement, but Jets owner Con Constantine told the Herald last week he would fight the ruling if Newcastle earned hosting rights by the winning the major semi.

FFC Mariner

Good old Con. Forget about a show peice for the game, more money for the FFA to spread around, extra tickets for newbies who might stick.

Selfish, stupid wanker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred