• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA say no to jets GF.

FFC Mariner

dibo said:
rosko said:
What sort of crap is going to happen if the Mariners and Jest play in the GF and it is in Sydney? The FFA would be mad to let it happen. The publicity that will occur on the trains home is going to be a nightmare... There are d..kheads in both groups of supporters...

And the chances of Iemma's clowns being able to organise that. ZERO.

football specials FTW!

direct services that pick up from newcastle to morriset and then don't stop til homebush for them, and services that pick up from wyong through to homebush for us.

adz

Staff member
Subject should say Mariners say no to Jets GF

:piano:

get it? ahhhh? yeeeahhhh?

:thumbup:

serious14

John Tsatsimas is whinging right now on Fox Sports News about not being able to host the grand final....... two points for you, you f*cking idiot:

i).  You won't win the Major Semi, so all this is moot - we're not stupid enough to ignore the best interests of the game as a whole, so when we win we'll semi-reluctantly say "look, as nice as it would be to be at Bluetongue, let's grow the A-League and all the rest of it - Homebush it is".

ii).  STOP BEING SO F*CKING SELFISH!!!!  This whole "we will veto the FFA" argument is just not going to happen - it would be rather hilarious to have 30 000 or so of us Coasties at Homebush and none of those thickshits present because they're too busy 'boycotting' the game.  Suits us just fine.

C

curious

I doubt anyone other than the twerps in the squadron would follow through with any stupid boycott, & even them only a small percenatge.

The Hunter's sporting public in general (& that's who your counting on for the majority of the crowd) know no other method used for grand finals & have travelled often in very big numbers to Sydney in support of newcastle teams. They will laugh at the bullshit sulking about the GF venue & likely tell the sqadrunts & Con to get a life & stop complaining that the world owes you.
They understand that the leagues showcase match of the season has to played at a showcase venue in front of as many fans as possible.

Another reason for the FFA to see Con as the problem child of the Aleague & another subtle nail put aside for his future coffin.

Bex

aussiecross said:
hey morisset on the jets stop wtf haha, what about me....
Hehe, you must have done something really bad to upset Auburn Mariner, thats a really harsh penalty having to shack up with the scum all the way from Morriset to sydney :)

P

Pete

dibo said:
rosko said:
What sort of crap is going to happen if the Mariners and Jest play in the GF and it is in Sydney? The FFA would be mad to let it happen. The publicity that will occur on the trains home is going to be a nightmare... There are d..kheads in both groups of supporters...

football specials FTW!

direct services that pick up from newcastle to morriset and then don't stop til homebush for them, and services that pick up from wyong through to homebush for us.

Ah, from what I know about the CityRail network, the problem is that trains coming down from Newcastle & Central Coast on the Northern Line can't hook a left and head out to Olympic Park.

You can only get to the Olympic Park loop from either Strathfield or Lidcombe (either end of the loop). If that is so, the problems will start when the express trains put off their passengers at Strathfield, and we all have to catch trains to Olympic Park.

The only way around that, might be to get CityRail to run the expresses through Hornsby and onto the North Shore Line (via Chatswood). That way the trains can run through the City Circle out onto Central and then straight out to Strathfield and onto the Olympic Park Loop. Can you trust the Police, FFA and CityRail to take that option, given the security concerns?

Going to the match mightn't be so bad, but going home, and waiting at Olympic Park station in long cues, a few too many people being in shit stirring mode etc. there's a huge possiblity of some trouble. Can they achieve separation of the fans by a 'Mariners fans to the left', and 'Jets fans to the right' approach to the Station?

Gen (MarinerMum)

I wouldn't want to get off at West Ryde because I would never find the park.  Change at West Ryde get off at Concord West and then walk through the park on the western side of the railway - you can see it from the station.

I personally would get off at Strathfield and get a train to Olympic Park.  And I have learnt to never expect logic from shittyrail.

dibo

Pete said:
Ah, from what I know about the CityRail network, the problem is that trains coming down from Newcastle & Central Coast on the Northern Line can't hook a left and head out to Olympic Park.

happily, that's not the case. every day there are services that run between emu plains and wyong (i think it's called 'the river' as it follows parramatta river?) so it can be done.

adz

Staff member
brett said:
adz said:
Subject should say Mariners say no to Jets GF

:piano:

get it? ahhhh? yeeeahhhh?

:thumbup:

I got it in my post on page 2 of this thread...

mate do you seriously expect me to read every bit of dribble on this site?

.... how does that sound, did I get out of that one? ;) :-[

P

Pete

dibo said:
Pete said:

happily, that's not the case. every day there are services that run between emu plains and wyong (i think it's called 'the river' as it follows parramatta river?) so it can be done.

The services from Emu Plains/Penrith/Blacktown all go through Strathfield, into Central, through Town Hall & Wynyard then over the Sydney Harbour Bridge to North Sydney, Chatswood and onto Hornsby. Then they go up the main Northern Line to the Central Coast.

If you had a link that would go from the Central Coast directly to Emu Plains, BUT use the Northern Line instead of going round the North Shore Line, you'd have to bypass Strathfield Station, as the Northern Line links up with the main western line west of Strathfield Station. All services I've checked, run through the North Shore Line & Strathfield when they run directly to Sydney's western suburbs and beyond from the Central Coast.

In other words, the service you refer to utilises the North Shore Line between Hornsby and Strathfield instead of the usual Northern Line.

I mentioned that possibility in the third paragraph of the post you quoted from.

Deej

All this shit about Newcastle moaning coz they might not get to host the GF is fkn stupid, you aint even there yet FFS.  What gives you the right to fkn piss and moan when you might not even be playing in the bastard!

Get over it, FFA run the finals, they will do what they want, if a fan can't be arsed to travel for 2 hours to watch their team in a GF you aint a real fan. If Newcastle played Sunderland in the FA cup final would anyone moan? No! They would travel 7 bloody hours to watch their team!

The ONLY thing I don't like is if the game is played in Sydney and Sydney qualify for it....that it a little unfair, but where else do you go for 50k people?

The reality is the FFA makes the decisions and the more Newcastle moan, the less favours it will do them! Let's hope the FFA have given Breeze a few instructions to favour us lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred