• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup 2019

style_cafe

I understand the angle you’re going for and the idea of some give aways is a good one. I just think it unnecessarily excludes some kids including potentially some junior members. No need to sour a good event and turn them off coming back by telling a kid nope you don’t get one because marketing reasons. Chuck every junior ticket in the draw and be done with it, maybe even a bonus entry for junior members.

How petty do you have to be to suggest giving a kid a ticket and binning the stub because your idea was challenged?

Probably as petty as the dad that has a whinge because he didn`t try to encourage his son`s friends to come along, and then embarrasses his child by lying to them and creating a scene instead of explaining to the child that the idea behind the promotion was to encourage friends to spend time together enjoying and supporting our local team in an effort to boost the crowd numbers so we can maybe get a home final where the kid would get an opportunity to win another bike if he/she encouraged 2 friends to come along to boost the crowd numbers...:popcorn:

pjennings

Hopefully we have a decent crowd. But the last thing I want to see is playing with Matty as a lone striker though that is what I expect to see. I would move him to the bench. We need to offer something to the crowd - especially those that have been away for a while, so I have picked a front five that can all play along the ground.

This is how I would like us to line up in defence against Adelaide.

-----------------------Birra-------------------

GG----------Gordon------------Fox-----------Clisby

---------------------Kim-------------------------

Murray-------Duric-----------DDS----------Oar

--------------------Silvera-----------------------

In attack I think we could play 4-3-3. I've moved GG to RB since he can add a bit of pace that Ziggy doesn't seem to have. Murray and Oar while nominally RW and LW could cut in through the channels and allow GG and Clisby to overlap and Silvera would operate as a false 9 that is not afraid to take a shot himself.

----------Duric------------------DDS---------------

----------Murray------------------Oar-----------

style_cafe

Tis a good idea but give every kid under say 16 and yes some older ones will get them... but they can choose between a bike to the value of or a surf board or a sports pack with boots, bags etc...

Have it each match then if it works out ...

I like the idea of the choice in prizes (prize pool) and maybe the club could do that for comp games.

However, as a one off promotion would a business be prepared to:-
a) donate a prize whereby it doesn`t get the exclusive promotion of it`s product on the night.
b) donate a prize that may not be selected by the winner and maybe risk being 3rd,4th or maybe 5th choice etc if all the prizes were given
c) donate a prize to help encourage kids to come where there was no incentive for the kids to bring a friend or two

The idea was to keep it simple, bring two friends to go into the draw to win a bike.
Promote the product and the company donating it in the game day advertising and hopefully get a bigger crowd.

By giving every kid a ticket what incentive do they have to bring friends?
Maybe the solution would be to give every kid a ticket but if they bring 2 friends or more they get 3 tickets each.
It`s a compromise but it just makes it difficult for the people giving the tickets out and, the harder it gets to administer, the less incentive to try the idea in the first place.

turbo

Probably as petty as the dad that has a whinge because he didn`t try to encourage his son`s friends to come along, and then embarrasses his child by lying to them and creating a scene instead of explaining to the child that the idea behind the promotion was to encourage friends to spend time together enjoying and supporting our local team in an effort to boost the crowd numbers so we can maybe get a home final where the kid would get an opportunity to win another bike if he/she encouraged 2 friends to come along to boost the crowd numbers...:popcorn:

You’re imagining some scenario where the parent or kid rants and raves but most people are just going to say ok whatever and quietly think wtf and it’ll be one of many factors that go towards their decision making to come back or not. “You don’t have enough friends that wanted to come so bad luck champ, thanks for turning up.”

It’s no different to if they made tickets $5 on game day because it’s raining. “But you already had a ticket this is to get more people along” Makes sense on the surface but f**ks over the people that commit early and next time they’ll wait until the last minute reducing their chance of following through with attending.

Every promotion or action sends a message and even those with the best intentions can blow up in your face if you don’t see a consequence. Even big, popular companies with huge marketing budgets misread the room sometimes and have to pull their ads when the reaction isn’t what they anticipate.

Ironbark

Hopefully we have a decent crowd. But the last thing I want to see is playing with Matty as a lone striker though that is what I expect to see. I would move him to the bench. We need to offer something to the crowd - especially those that have been away for a while, so I have picked a front five that can all play along the ground.

This is how I would like us to line up in defence against Adelaide.

Murray-------Duric-----------DDS----------Oar

In attack I think we could play 4-3-3. I've moved GG to RB since he can add a bit of pace that Ziggy doesn't seem to have. Murray and Oar while nominally RW and LW could cut in through the channels and allow GG and Clisby to overlap and Silvera would operate as a false 9 that is not afraid to take a shot himself.

----------Duric------------------DDS---------------

----------Murray------------------Oar-----------
I'd be happy to see either of these line ups tested in a friendly to see how it goes. I'm not so sure we should risk a semi-final on a new structure. That said Simon up front offers as much confidence in scoring as Kennedy provided in offering clean sheets...so maybe worth a crack.
But definitely think with practice and friendlies applied both of these line ups are better offensively than what we've been putting out

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So, have the how comes and the where fore’s about Cup tickets been stated yet ?

turbo

Adelaide had a scoreless draw today with western united. Can’t see the Adelaide line up but looked at least close to full strength WU.

ashman89

Adelaide had a scoreless draw today with western united. Can’t see the Adelaide line up but looked at least close to full strength WU.
McGree also got a straight red in the first half of this friendly for dissent....

Pirate Pete

So, have the how comes and the where fore’s about Cup tickets been stated yet ?
We are excited to announce that tickets will be on sale next week for our FFA Cup Semi Final clash against Adelaide United, and as a Member you will get an exclusive pre-sale period!

During this pre-sale period, Members will receive up to 25% off regular ticketing prices and have first priority access to limited reserved seating areas. We also have great pricing for families, so you can enjoy a night out at the football these School Holidays!

The Eastern & Northern stands will be available to purchase into for this match, so tickets will be limited - get in quick so you don't miss out!

Key Dates:
  • Monday 23 September, 9am - Members Pre-Sale
  • Wednesday 25 September, 10am - General Public On-Sale

turbo

Pricing has been sent out to members by email. GA adult $15 members $20 adult, not terrible but I was hoping they’d be able to do it even cheaper to really get people through the gate. Members presale from Monday morning, general public Wednesday.

Would be good if the local media gets behind them and pushes the game.

Rowdy

Annnnnd YET AGAIN
...... Active Support being charged higher price'$ than the $20 General Admission Bays either side of it !!!
Screenshot_2019-09-21-18-34-31.png
@Shaun Mielekamp .... seriously mate, this shit HAS TO STOP !!
- how the hell? is Active Support supposed to grow the numbers to what they were in CCM's halcyon days ???

Wander's @ $40 are gouging an extra $15 out of Active Away CCM fans in Rnd 1 compared to Bays in around them for $25 General Admission
- flabbergastingly WSW are FLAT OUT 'highway-robbing' Sydney FC fans at $55 for their Active Supporters.

Why the Mariner's are DOING THI$ to their own fans is totally beyond me ??

If the FFA see that you at CCM do this to their own fans, then they & other A-League clubs think that that's 'par for the course' & then charge according to the norm.

It may be only $5 in this instance BUT it is seriously #CONDONING this 'Active- make'm pay more' mentality.

If there was a crying emoji, I'd use it :oops:

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Annnnnd YET AGAIN
...... Active Support being charged higher price'$ than the $20 General Admission Bays either side of it !!!
View attachment 1456
- how the hell? is Active Support supposed to grow the numbers to what they were in CCM's halcyon days ???

Wander's @ $40 are gouging an extra $15 out of Active Away CCM fans in Rnd 1 compared to Bays in around them for $25 General Admission
- flabbergastingly WSW are FLAT OUT 'highway-robbing' Sydney FC fans at $55 for their Active Supporters.

If the FFA see that you at CCM do this to their own fans, then they & other A-League clubs think that that's 'par for the course' & then charge according to the norm.

It may be only $5 in this instance BUT it is seriously #CONDONING this 'Active- make'm pay more' mentality.

sounds like WSW and probably the Eels are getting made to pay off Gladys western suburbs splash out

Forum Phoenix

Annnnnd YET AGAIN
View attachment 1456

100% with Rowdy on this.

I’d rather pay a higher premium for my own members seating rather than try to make a few hundred more at best out of the active bay. Crazy.

What WSW is doing is terrible,

Rowdy

I’d rather pay a higher premium for my own members seating rather than try to make a few hundred more at best out of the active bay.
That's not even necessary.

Economics says that if you set the product price high .... customer says 'bye'.

Set the price low ..... then just watch that product go, go, GO ..straight out the door.

Volume WINS every fcuking time. :headbutt:

style_cafe

That's not even necessary.

Economics says that if you set the product price high .... customer says 'bye'.

Set the price low ..... then just watch that product go, go, GO ..straight out the door.

Volume WINS every fcuking time. :headbutt:

Was it mentioned when you had a beer with Shaun?...:popcorn:

Shaun Mielekamp

Annnnnd YET AGAIN
View attachment 1456

Hey Gents, this was a simple typo whilst the prices were being built and some reason had Bay 16 as a reserved price not the yellow price. Feel free to give Dan and Iain a hard time about it but you will see today that all is restored. Thanks for the feedback though, just a simple adjustment whilst we rushed a ticket sale for members to get the best prices and best seats before everyone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred