• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Fark Rebecca Wilson - Soccer in a sad, sad state

mariners4ever

Auburn Mariner said:
It gives me GREAT pleasure to say this, Kareem:

YOU ARE PLAIN WRONG about the Dutch.

I TOTALLY support the Bear & Recky here. So much promise from Holland, and THEY NEVER WIN!!

The same could have been said about the Spanish, not any more.

Holland are great to watch, but if you back your HOUSE on any European teams, it comes back to the Germans and Italians on most occasions.

Kareem, you have the opportunity to check International football on the Net. DO SOME RESEARCH. Go find where Holland has won a clutch game. A word of advice, be careful about sweeping comments on here. There are people that know a HELLUVA lot more about football than you and me. You will continue to get eviscerated until you learn this.

BAM!!!!!!!

wow, what a post

Bex

neverwozza said:
From http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blogs/lesmurray/lets-be-fair-dinkum-about-asia-152282/

My parting advice to Rebecca is this: With your looks, your leathery face and ironed-on hair, not to say your god awful nasal twang, try not to spend 16 days of the next televised Olympics sitting beside the ravishing Sonia Kruger. Not good for the career.

Wow, thats also a BAM! And so is the rest of the article for that matter :)

Rowdy

Coincidently saw the stoopid bitch on the news last night, walking the red carpet at the premiere of the Baz Luhrmann's movie 'Australia', thought to myself with all the beautiful people that would be turning up to the event why show her ugly fcuking head.  :vomit:

When asked to comment on the movie, squealed like a 6 yo "I'm just so excited", so typical when she doesn't have a pen, paper and a bit of time to think about it  ::)

Redline

Wow...And once again Les Murray shows why he is respected in the footballing community. He doesn't muck around. Unfortunately, I doubt RW will ever see thta.

Auburn Mariner

Great to see the reactions from Buckley & Lazslo Urga, er, sorry, Les.

Btw, I rang Vega on Monday Morning wanting to speak on air with Rebecca. Didn't want to know me. Funny that.

Jesus, Holland may win someday, but they need a couple of vicious bastards in midfield, think the love children of Gattuso and Roy Keane.

Think of all their magnificent footballers (Cruyff, the best white man I have ever seen, the incomparable Van Basten, Gullit, etc) but they just need more brutality and willingness to do ANYTHING to win. Look at the cheating Azzurri, red card to the racist Zidane-hater, a dive by Louganis Grazzo, THEY WIN.

I am glad that the Tele published the opinions of people on line viz-a-viz Wilson's article. It makes for fascinating reading.

tuftman

IMO Holland are overrated, they are a great side, but Foster was going on about them like they where the second coming of Christ during the group stages at EURO 08, and they bombed out in the quarters. Not for one second is their player lineup (attack-wise at least) inept in anyway, but all the names that come to mind when you mention Dutch football, especially this day and age, are as Kareem said van Persie, Robben, Sneijder etc..the only defensive aspect that gets a mention is Van der Sar, and he has retired from internationals anyways(I think Maarten Stekelenburg from Ajax has taken over). Attack wise the Dutch are second to none, but you can't win tournaments if you ship in goals in crucial matches i.e the 3-1 loss to Russia at EURO (AET). Auburn mentioned Germany and Italy, and how they are who you could put your house on in the European theatre and have a fair degree of confidence. Germany having made the semis and the final at the 2006 and 2002 World Cup respectively, and obviously the final at EURO 2008. Italy where a shambles at EURO, but won the 2006 WC, only conceding a penalty and an own-goal, so it wasn't really the shambolic win Kareem implied it was. They where clinical, at times they stretched the rules, but I would imagine any footballer would admit that they will be as ruthless as possible to win the World Cup.

The Holland choking bit, I also tend to agree with this, quarters at EURO despite being arguably the best side during the group stage Round of 16 at the 2006 World Cup(albeit to Portugal), Portugal did them in the semi's of EURO 2004, when the Dutch where favourites for the tournament. The 2002 World Cup, they didnt qualify.

Now, can I make this perfectly clear, IM NOT TRYING TO BE ARGUMENTATIVE. I'm simply voicing my opinions, whether you like them or not is up to you.

Anyways back to the topic of this thread, has Rebecca Wilson made anymore comments one way or the other about football?? I havent been following these past few days

MattSimon

She uses some interesting descriptions: "Humiliation", "embarrassment", "carefully constructed masquerade".

You know what they would be more appropriate for describing?

Yes that's right! You guessed it in one!
The Rugby League "World Cup".

On a side note, as much as Netherlands may be overrated, Kareem is similarly underrated. Go K-Dawg

Jesus

Jesus
Auburn Mariner said:
Jesus, Holland may win someday, but they need a couple of vicious bastards in midfield, think the love children of Gattuso and Roy Keane.

Think of all their magnificent footballers (Cruyff, the best white man I have ever seen, the incomparable Van Basten, Gullit, etc) but they just need more brutality and willingness to do ANYTHING to win. Look at the cheating Azzurri, red card to the racist Zidane-hater, a dive by Louganis Grazzo, THEY WIN.

I am glad that the Tele published the opinions of people on line viz-a-viz Wilson's article. It makes for fascinating reading.

Davids had plenty of mungrel in him, was not enough.

Unfortunately Cruyff stayed out of the world cup due to death threats to his family (which is fair enough), or they ,ay have already defeated this argument

But i do agree they need something extra to what they have. Not the diving of robben etc, but something better and stronger.

FFC Mariner

Sadly, Holland have suffered from racial tensions in the camp (Euro 96 was reportedly the worst with different races sitting on different tables for meals etc).

Whilst the Ajax side of the early 70's, the 74 & 78 WC sides played some of the most breathtaking football ever (farkin ever) seen, they seem to lack to sheer ugliness of Germany or Italy.

They still produce awesome footballers and I would think an enterprising HAL side would go looking in their lower leagues TBH. Most Dutch people I have met speak good English and would adapt well to our lifelstyle.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Like Seginho Van Dijk.
I'm not sure how to spell his name because it has never been put up on the scoreboard.

The offal of Holland would be better than most of the Jets squad. But, as Lawrie shows with his signings, there may be individuals good enough in Australia.

Brighty

What was this topic about again??? Not Holland if memory serves me correctly.

Back on topic ... maybe??? ???

FFC Mariner

OK - Rebecca Wilson is an NRL stooge, shit reporter and (judging by the construction of her argument) as dumb as dog shit.

There ya go

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred