• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Fark Rebecca Wilson - Soccer in a sad, sad state

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Don't bring her gender or looks into the debate.
Phil Micallef is no Andonis, in fact he has the biggest cheeks in the souther hemishere, but we don't judge him on his looks. When we start slagging RW about her looks or for being a woman we cloud the debate. We can't let her dismiss any criticism as sexual discrimination.

We hate her purely because shit comes out the end of her pen.

Adelaide got pumped from behind and made to make breakfast afterward. We know that, we know why and football is headed towards ameliorating the gulf in class. It is a process but everything is going well in taking the steps towards being real continental contenders and being contenders on the world stage.

The Kangaroos showed the real Aussie spirit against Fiji.
Make up a sport, invite part timers and smash 'em.

If sokkah players were truly Australian they would give up and play a sport we are already good at. Bloody disgraceful wogs.

Bex

Countryhick said:
A very well written article. And thats probably half the sting of that womans article..is in some regards, shes not wrong.

Yeh, she may not be wrong in some parts of her article, but there are plenty of parts where she is totally wrong. Whether thats by design or by complete ignorance of the subject is the question. Surely, someone writing for such a paper would research something about the subject (e.g. before asking why we can't play like the Japanese, checking whether Adelaide may have beaten a well credentialled J-League team in the lead up to the final) so I can only assume the negativity is by design.

Bex

Another thing that occurs to me is that i would imagine most Thugby fans that have ignored football would not realise that the Asian competition and in particular the J-League is actually well respected. I wonder whether Ms Wilson thinks that the rest of Asia are as good at football as they are at thugby.

I think she has a lot to learn about the Juggernaut called football that will turn her life as a sports reporter upside down in the next 10 years.

ponno

She is so full of it... the sad thing is that NRL supporters hate her also- everyone does... all her articles have no merit and are based purely on speculation. Football in Australia is on its way up - People like rebecca Wilson will be left behind trying to bring the world game down...

clarence

ponno said:
She is so full of it... the sad thing is that NRL supporters hate her also- everyone does... all her articles have no merit and are based purely on speculation. Football in Australia is on its way up - People like rebecca Wilson will be left behind trying to bring the world game down...

Ha ha too true. You do a check on her resume and you will see she was a pretty senior person in the Super League, so 50% or more of the RL fans hate her guts.

She has also been employed by RL before and after that I think too (one of those other RL jobs being as a Project Officer or the like for a previous RL -WC!), so I'm wondering why she didn't put a footnote or a citation of her past employment and affiliations, so neutral folks reading the article could assess whether she exhibited bias or selling a point.

But no, that would be too fair, and may end up exposing her allegiances too easily.

Atomic

rebecca-wilson-big-brother.jpg
neal_wideweb__470x316,0.jpg

Why?? Because somebody had to do it

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

boony26

lol this is on her wikipedia page.
"Rebecca Wilson is an Australian media personality, known mainly for her sub par reporting on sport. She has a tendency to make rash comments in regards to football (soccer); a topic on which she has no expertise."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Wilson
lol n there meant to edit the false facts and obviously know that she knows shit on football n left it up. goto back to lame big brother tv shows which r axed afta its first season u loser

boony26

i wonder if she realised that we beat japan in the world cup n that the j-league has a lot more money n japan has a much larger population then australia so therefore more talent to gain for each team. japan has like the 2nd or 3rd largest economy so they can get more talented players at the large clubs n the nrl is dying in the ass look at the world cup semi final against fiji 50 somethin nil u wouldnt see a 5-0 slayin or anythin close in the football world cup. its sad cause i norm read the tele n enjoy it now i couldnt b bothered wit it

clarence

Occasionally we see drubbings in the World Cup Finals too. Let's not be as biased as Wilson is.

In her mind, the fact we beat Japan in the 06 World Cup would mean nothing. I mean, she would draw a comparison to their RU team and think, oh those small Asian guys got belt by the Aussies again.

The sad thing about Wilson is though, she's an experienced journo who has travelled. You cannot say she does not know or has been told about the strength of the J-League or how strong Japan is in World Football.

She just chooses to ignore that and bag the Adelaide team and the FFA for Adelaide not winning the Final and cause some sort of lost 'face' indignation to her and all Australians.

northernspirit

clarence said:
Occasionally we see drubbings in the World Cup Finals too. Let's not be as biased as Wilson is.

In her mind, the fact we beat Japan in the 06 World Cup would mean nothing. I mean, she would draw a comparison to their RU team and think, oh those small Asian guys got belt by the Aussies again.
you dont see 12-0 in a semi final though which is a rough equivalent to the 52-0 last night... the only real drubbing i recall was in 2002 when germany beat saudi arabia 7-0

but thats not the point here, the point is she is plain lying to validate her point of view and whats even worse is that the editor allowed this rubbish to go to press, whoever that person is is just as bad as her imo

personally id like to see the FFA sue her for defamation, its time we stood up against this, the days of us being used as cannon fodder for the AFL and NRL are gone, we are a mainstream sport and need to preserve that status by any means possible

Redline

I can only assume that most of you got the following e-mail from Ben Buckley, but I think it is interesting that it has been sent at all...I wonder if we will see it in any of the media sources so the general public can see just how wrong RW is.

EDIT:Just saw the thread started bout Bens E-mail.

boony26

also wat bout the nrl grand final wat was the score in that again?? 40-0 or somethin??? wonder if she blasted melbourne storm bout that n the nrl

clarence

northernspirit said:
clarence said:

you dont see 12-0 in a semi final though which is a rough equivalent to the 52-0 last night... the only real drubbing i recall was in 2002 when germany beat saudi arabia 7-0

but thats not the point here, the point is she is plain lying to validate her point of view and whats even worse is that the editor allowed this rubbish to go to press, whoever that person is is just as bad as her imo

personally id like to see the FFA sue her for defamation, its time we stood up against this, the days of us being used as cannon fodder for the AFL and NRL are gone, we are a mainstream sport and need to preserve that status by any means possible

Yes, but I think there's also been some matches involving earlier African nations' campaigns that have had some poor results too.

The Editor is probably as much to blame, he CAN stop a column going in or get it edited. The stupid thing there is, NS - and you well know this - the Terrorgraph is ALSO the A-League's official paper!

I agree that we should no longer be allowed to be used as cannon fodder but doubt the FFA could sue her or the Terrorgraph for defamation when it was a generalist view of things, and the FFA - as a sporting peak body - can be questioned about their policies in the public domain.

However, they don't have to allow her access to any FFA sanctioned event and players contracted under the FFA don't have to be made available for her to interview, and she doesn't automatically qualify for accreditation at FFA/AFC/FIFA events either. The FFA can make her persona non grata and diminish her ability to earn a dollar writing articles.

Also, it wouldn't take much effort for a few wise guys to phone into Vega Sydney when they have call in competitions when she is on air, and instead of competing when they get on air, start asking her why she hated Football?

Kareem

northernspirit said:
clarence said:

it was 8-0 :(
IMO 8-0 is about as bad as 52-0
BUT that was a semi-final and that was a one off group stage
Fiji is by all logic the 4th best team in the world (and dservedly so IMO) after making the semi's
I would be shocked to see any of the top 4 teams in the world of football with a scoreline more than 3-0!
Brazil, Netherlands, Spain, Argentina

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred