• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Fark Rebecca Wilson - Soccer in a sad, sad state

Krispy

Obviously she has no idea and you can tell that from the article. Like many ARL types - they do not understand the game, nor do they understand the culture that is being created by the type of people who use this site and many like them around the country. she picked on the wrong sport this time -there is no doubt our A League , our football and most of all our Mariners are going places - and in a hurry!  Crawl back in your scrum Ms Wilson!

serious14

Awwwww, that's cute, she thinks she's a journalist......

Says it all about 90% of the Australian media.  Utterly disgraceful "article".

greenpoint

Razorback said:
Why didn't she write about how much of a joke the RL world cup is.

Don't worry, she's done that as well!

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24511133-5016307,00.html

Not all RL fans are moronic, and a lot of the intelligent ones posted some great replies.

tuftman

She compared our youth systems to the Dutch. Compare any youth system around the world and it will most likely pale in comparison to the Dutch one. Reckon she watched any of the ACL this year, or just saw the 5-0 score and saw red. She also says that creating more A-League franchises will lead to the demise of the competition. I'm pretty sure, that as inept as the FFA are at times, they would have put together numerous financial models and scenarios, before allowing new franchises to be created. The last paragraph, saying that the juggernaut hasn't materialised from he World Cup etc. Its generally accepted that it will take decades before Australia is going to be a world force in Football, pretty sure that two and a bit years doesn't constitute a decade.

And on the topic of Adelaide's ACL 'failure'
-First Australian club to make it out of the group stage(in a group that had the Chinese, South Korean and Vietnamese champions)
-They then beat Kashima Antlers(Rebecca, they're a Japanese club btw)
Then took on Zico, Rivaldo and co.in the Semi's, and won 3-1 on aggregate
-Depleted by injury and suspension, they where beaten in the FINAL by Gamba Osaka

I could be wrong, I have been wrong before, and will be wrong again, but reading that...doesn't really smack of failure...But who am I to talk, I'm only a football fan

Auburn Mariner

I have to put up with her every morning on Vega, as Mikey Robbins & Tony Squires are brilliant. Rebecca is under the impression that everyone agrees with her. How wrong she is.

I am on record as being immensely critical of News Ltd papers. How their editorial team can let this be printed is completely beyond me.

Mike Cockerill wrote a great article on how good Gamba are, and how well-structured their club is. It was NOT negative toward Adelaide's marvellous effort, just full of praise for the new Asian Champions. This is journalism, not the Toilet Paper that Ms Wilson writes on and for.

I wonder if Vega would take calls on Monday morning. It would be great to see this foolish, clueless, middle-aged zealot CUT TO PIECES on live radio (mmm, I finish work at 6.30am Monday morning. I wonder......).

Take the STRONG hint: read the Herald, either in Hard Copy or the excellent online service. Never, EVER read the Daily Telegraph again. Vote with your pockets. Let's DO SOMETHING.

tuftman

would it be worth getting the idea across the other clubs forums that this kinda crap from Wilson isnt on. Perhaps try and encourage a boycott..long shot I know, but there isnt any harm in trying

Bex

Auburn Mariner said:
Take the STRONG hint: read the Herald, either in Hard Copy or the excellent online service. Never, EVER read the Daily Telegraph again. Vote with your pockets. Let's DO SOMETHING.

Consider it done.

Ranyen

I actually submitted a comment. Didn't think it would get far - but checked my emails this morning & found this:

Your comment has been published:

To view your comment online go to: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/comments/0,,24651219-5001023,00.html

Please note the Editor may have slightly edited your comment to be suitable for publishing.

It actually hasn't been edited (Comment 59). The other comments (there are 82 so far) are quite a good read. There are only 5 for her, most are NRL fans, others are only agreeing with the point about children not getting enough support.

Also, I don't buy the Telegraph anyway, better things to read.

Paolo

Auburn Mariner said:
Vote with your pockets. Let's DO SOMETHING.
i vote for after dark break and enter into bluetongue stadium to remove all daily telegraph signage

TOPGUN-JIMMY

shes a retard an just to show you all how wrong she is,

look at all the negative shes copt,  simuilar to the tom zed idiot who also knows nothing about our great game,

:vomit:      REBECCA ,  YOU WERE WRONG!!

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 73,00.html

:piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:  LOOK AT THE POLL......

Blackadder

I wouldn't give to much thought to Ms Wilson and her comments, obviously operating under the Journalistic Motto "Never let the truth get in the way of a agenda."

Sean

175 comments - all in disagreement of this twit.

Why people like her have a job and get paid is beyond me.

midfielder

The RW article got a reply from SBS today a gem of a reply (maybe they are returning to their roots this year) I shall write the last line only .. So the message to any surviving members of the anti-football brigade out there is: Dont you worry about football, well solve our problems on our own and in our own time... read the link if you want to its a decent reply.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/australia/anti-football-mafia-strikes-again-151388/

Redline

A very well written article. And thats probably half the sting of that womans article..is in some regards, shes not wrong.

Sean

rebecca-wilson-big-brother.jpg

clarence

Sooner or later, this beast will want to do some piece on Football and need to contact the FFA Media Relations People to arrange interviews with someone like Harry Kewell, Lucas Neill or maybe Pim Verbeek - or the like.

And I hope when her PA rings up, that the FFA clarify who this arrangement is for, and then politely advise the PA that Ms. Wilson is not permitted to do so, and that she has no accreditation with them, now or in the future.

By refusing her access to the stars, to the personal aspect of the game, will be like cutting her throat if there's a populace piece to write. That's her bread and butter. Time to starve her out.

Is there anyway we can pressure the FFA into ensuring that happens to her and other dingbats like Fitzsimons and Masters?

The way I feel about her article is beyond ranting here or trawling other supporters' groups forums.

We need to hit these c**ts where it hurts (the hip pocket).

They probably almost automatically get accreditation to most things when they ring up anywhere, so maybe it's time the FFA grew some balls, draw the line in the sand, and say to them: 'if you are going to write rubbish like this, why should we allow you access to people whose life are dedicated to Football?'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred