• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

EURO

serious14

Watching Russia play this well (width, attacking variety, solid midfield) reminds me how great Guus was for us......

Of course, as I type that Spain score.  Torres pounces on a Russian defensive error, hands off to Villa, gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal.

1-0, 19th minute.

serious14

Ahhhhh, the BBC pundits at half time - still claiming van Nistelrooy's goal was offside.  Not only did they not reference the law in question, but their sole reason is "well that never happened to me when I played".

F*ck this, get ITV on.

*edit*  Okay Bear, thank you.  I forgot SBS has some games as well.  Martin Tyler >>>>>>>>>> BBC.

Auburn Mariner

Ah, yes, Italy's defence is real good, Auburn. D__head, D___head!!!

What are the stadia and ground surfaces like (I am at work, sans TV)?

serious14

Auburn Mariner said:
Ah, yes, Italy's defence is real good, Auburn. D__head, D___head!!!

What are the stadia and ground surfaces like (I am at work, sans TV)?

Compact, but keeping the noise in real well.  Most of them are in between the 30 000 - 45 000 mark.  The surfaces are _sublime_. 

serious14

De.  Sexy.  Futbol.

That was simply gorgeous to watch.  Villa hat-trick, 3-0 to Spain in the 75th.

Atomic

How good did the Swedish fans look?!!! EVERYONE was decked out in their national jersey, resulting in a solid block of yellow. I just looked at the crowd and longed for the day when Fortress BlueTongue is a sea of Yellow.

serious14

Torres said:
Does everyone here now see why I love Spain?  :vhappy:

Let's see how much you love them after their inevitable falling over at the quarter final stage......  ;)

I'm not gonna deny you were awesome in attack, because you were.  Yours and the Netherlands displays were the best of the tournament thus far - I'd be worried about your defence.  It looks a bit shifty.

jarrad

Yeah true. Puyol seemed to be the rock in defence last night but even so he was scrappy
at times. Ramos really had an off game in which Puyol had to cover for him. Capdevilla
did well until the Russian goal, he really could have done more to prevent that. Otherwise
I'm happy with them and believe they can truely make it this year...
Even if they don't, atleast to the semi. =D

Villa had a great game, with a lovely touch of unselfish play by Torres to score the first of Villa's three. Fabregas did well once he came on. Xavi had a great game aswell as Iniesta but I think we need to see Aragones drop Senna for Fabregas and if it were up to me i'd play more of a 3-5-2

Casillas
    Ramos  Puyol  Marchena
        Xavi    XabiAlonso
Iniesta                      Silva
            Fabregas
        Villa    Torres

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
netherlands_4_1024x768.jpg

n onderaan DAARNA TEVREDEN ( one down...next please)

KNVB 3 - ITALI 0

serious14

Based on the first round, I would love to see a final four of Germany, Portugal, Netherlands, and Spain.

*drools*

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
serious14 said:
Based on the first round, I would love to see a final four of Germany, Portugal, Netherlands, and Spain.

*drools*

I'm with S14...thats my top four "survivors" too

Kareem

well i was backin netherlands to come good...and i am not suprised (except for scoreline) of how they outclassed Italy.
It was bound to happen!
Also backed Spain- but who didnt? :p They were and still are logical favourites IMO except for the choking hazard!
France- very dissapointing- they looked wasteful in attack- didnt really seem to want to win- heck didnt seem to want to be in the Euro's!
But they say the winner's usually start slow...so who knows!

Austria- wow! wonderful display by clearly the least talented side of the competition! they deserved something out of that game!
Switzerland- should have won IMO

Arabmariner

Kareem said:
France- very dissapointing- they looked wasteful in attack- didnt really seem to want to win- heck didnt seem to want to be in the Euro' s

Sums up my opinion of France almost perfectly.I,ve watched them a fair bit over the last couple of years because they were in the same qualifying section as Scotland and I just feel they almost give up when things are not going their way.I find them frustrating to watch because they are so bloody talented....it's a waste!

Plenty talent but no heart.....complete opposite to Scotland actually!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred